+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

I was sad to see the youtubers go because they were fun, but those roller derby moms deserved their place because they rocked it!

I'm on board with everyone else here hoping for anyone but Katie and Max for the win. But, the roller derby moms are now my favorites for first place. If they work as hard as they did on this last leg, they can do it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I prefer to think of the blonde country singers as the blonde country singers who bring joy and happiness to every local at every task they encounter on the race. Perhaps that's a bit too long, but it's true.

I really like them, but I fear their alliance with the hockey players will be their downfall. What are they thinking? I would love it if somehow these two ladies squeaked out a win... they are definitely the underdogs of the final four teams. (As the weakest team, they are. The roller derby moms are underdogs in a different way.) Actually, I'm rooting for either of those two teams to win.
    NCLurker, GabbyG and sparklete like this.

I didn't know one of the girls was John Wayne's granddaughter because, apparently I live under a rock. I just googled to find out that it is Jennifer. Her mother seems like she was a prize.

I like the girls but I don't like the flirting and kissing the men as if they are used to their kisses being appreciated by men. I don't know if that makes sense to you but it annoys me when attractive girls throw affection at people without real meaning.
    Babbred likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Well, that makes better sense now. I was confused by the fact that it was called a rolling task, but they didn't have to roll the barrels, which appeared to be more time-consuming, assuming one had the strength to lift the things in the first place. But if the rules didn't specify how they had to move them, then there's nothing wrong with carrying them. They just set the task up with a contradictory name.

What you cited is actually the problem I have with the U-turns. Instead of using them to try and eliminate a strong team, the double u-turn in the last two races has been used by alliances of stronger teams to try and eliminate weaker teams, which seems unnecessary. And kind of like the "cool kids" picking on the others. What I've liked about AR in the past is that there hasn't been that much alliance-building, though there have been some isolated incidents of teams working out directions etc. together. If they have to have u-turns, I wish they'd just stick to the regular kind, as opposed to double u-turns.
    I actually prefer the double u turn. The single u-turn pretty much gaurantees that the u-turned team will come in last, expecially if it is a weaker team being u-turned. A double U at least puts 2 teams at risk and allows them to fight it out. It would be nice to have strong teams turned. Turning the 2 weakest tems probably doesn't affect the outcome by much, if at all.
    Hyper likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I actually referred to them as the "typical dumb blonde" in a previous thread. I guess I take it back.
    They are a happy pair, not snippy with the locals etc. I dont like their alliance with the hockey players - although they proved the game does come first
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Without their alliance with the Hockey Players I wonder if the Country Singers would have as much of a chance against the Roller Derby moms? Perhaps they aren't as 'Blond' as people insist they are.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I thought the double U-turn was used poorly. At this point in the game you need to get every advantage you can individually. I think the time for alliances is really over at this point as far as giving you an advantage. The hockey players might not have eliminated Max and Katie, but they would have given themselves a time advantage over them and every little bit helps. They probably would have won the leg and the $10,000 as well. Max and Katie U-turning someone they knew was at least 3 hours behind them was just stupid as well.

These teams better start thinking of themselves individually, but of course I'll be happier if they don't and the roller moms win I'm pretty much ABMAK, with roller moms or hockey guys as my preference.
    Minney and TripleGemini like this.

Weren't M & K in the lead the whole race? If the hockey players came behind them to the U-Turn spot, could they have used it on M & K? How would the latter have found out? From Phil? Just curious.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

First of all, Team Blonde & Team Hockey should have really taken notice when Max & Katie were on the plane & CLEARLY looked put out when they saw the other two teams arrive. Hello? I thought an alliance meant helping each other & sharing info. Max & Katie clearly did not want any other teams to know they got on that flight, hoping no one else would get on there.
    I can't believe neither of the other 2 teams caught on to that.

I thought team Hockey blew it at the u-turn. It cost them $10K each. If they would have u-turned M & K (the smart choice), they would have come in first. No, it wouldn't have knocked M & K out, but it would have kept them from getting first place & the reward for coming in first. I just thought it was very poor strategy, especially after the way M & K acted at the airport & on the plane.

Team Roller Derby KICKED ASS!!! They most definitely earned their spot!
    I hope it turns out like it did for the Goat Farmers & they win it all! They have really won me over. I was previously for Team Hockey, but now I want them in 2nd. Then the Blondes, & then Max & Katie need to come in a distant 4th.

ETA: I call them the Blondes because it's the fastest thing to type!
    Last edited by holly71; 04-30-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    jmb and TripleGemini like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Weren't M & K in the lead the whole race? If the hockey players came behind them to the U-Turn spot, could they have used it on M & K? How would the latter have found out? From Phil? Just curious.
    The hockey players got to the U-Turn first. And at that point, someone could have U-Turned them, but it wouldn't have done any good...once they passed by, they can no longer be affected. (This has come into play in other seasons where a team guessed wrong and U-Turned a team in front of them, not behind them.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast