+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

The you tubers were happy dancing when they thought they were way ahead, discussing who to U-turn. I loved the look on his face when he saw 3 cards were already gone!
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You would think by now, after so many seasons, the teams would secure tickets and then, with any extra time they may have, look for better flight times with other airlines! You never rest until you've exhausted every possible option to get a better flight, or until you run out of time and have to board your original flight.

I can't help but wonder why Jennifer and Caroline are being called, "The Blondes," here rather than "The Country Singers." Why are they defined only by the color of their hair? I've never minded being thought of as a blonde or a dumb blonde becaue those who have done it have invariably been those who don't know me and I just laugh it off. But, I see it here all the time while I don't see anyone referred to as "The Brunettes" or "The Redheads." Sorry, but it seems a bit silly to me.
    Uncle David and nanaslbkp like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Max and Katie left first and headed straight to a business center to research flights, finding the one that landed at 10:40.
    Question: Are teams allowed to buy tickets on-line or by phone? In this particular case, could Max and Katie have bought their tickets while they were in the business center and gone straight to the check-in? Or do they have to actually get paper tickets from an agent?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Someone must have asked Phil about this on Twitter. First he tweeted:

And then...

And while I typically don't have any problem with the U-turns (they're part of the game), I just couldn't see why the first three teams would U-turn the last two teams...they were at least an hour behind and were already in position to fight it out at the end. (Of course, had the Hockey Players used it on Max and Katie, then the boys would have come in first and gotten the money.)

So while I was rooting for the Roller Derby Moms and the Hockey Players before, now I'm really hoping the Roller Derby Moms pull it off. The Hockey Players can come in second ;-)

(Edited to fix the quotes.)
    Well, that makes better sense now. I was confused by the fact that it was called a rolling task, but they didn't have to roll the barrels, which appeared to be more time-consuming, assuming one had the strength to lift the things in the first place. But if the rules didn't specify how they had to move them, then there's nothing wrong with carrying them. They just set the task up with a contradictory name.

What you cited is actually the problem I have with the U-turns. Instead of using them to try and eliminate a strong team, the double u-turn in the last two races has been used by alliances of stronger teams to try and eliminate weaker teams, which seems unnecessary. And kind of like the "cool kids" picking on the others. What I've liked about AR in the past is that there hasn't been that much alliance-building, though there have been some isolated incidents of teams working out directions etc. together. If they have to have u-turns, I wish they'd just stick to the regular kind, as opposed to double u-turns.
    Shoepie and Duckyface like this.

I can't speak for everyone, but I call them the blondes and not the country singers, because I forget that they are country singers and John Wayne's granddaughter is just too hard to type fast.

I forget they are country singers too! I guess it's just easier in some ways to call them 'the blondes' and I am pretty sure nobody here does so as a way of disparaging their intelligence. My big sis is a blonde and she's just about the smartest person I know.

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    Question: Are teams allowed to buy tickets on-line or by phone? In this particular case, could Max and Katie have bought their tickets while they were in the business center and gone straight to the check-in? Or do they have to actually get paper tickets from an agent?
    I don't think so...I think they're allowed to make reservations online/by phone, but not buy the tickets until they're at the airport (or in some cases, travel agency).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Well, that makes better sense now. I was confused by the fact that it was called a rolling task, but they didn't have to roll the barrels, which appeared to be more time-consuming, assuming one had the strength to lift the things in the first place. But if the rules didn't specify how they had to move them, then there's nothing wrong with carrying them. They just set the task up with a contradictory name.
    I agree - to a point. While this is the wrong country admittedly, there is a German song called "roll out the barrel" and it doesn't mention literally rolling out the barrel anywhere. To me it just read as an odd interpretation of the song when the hockey players carried them, but to me - if they can pick up and carry 100+ pound barrels of beer/wine up an incline 250 feet (or so) - more power to them. They were just taking their risks that if they literally had 8 of them and broke one, they would have to do the other challenge and hope that they didn't get U-Turned or they would have to take a 4 hour penalty and be eliminated.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I forget they are country singers too! I guess it's just easier in some ways to call them 'the blondes' and I am pretty sure nobody here does so as a way of disparaging their intelligence. My big sis is a blonde and she's just about the smartest person I know.
    I actually referred to them as the "typical dumb blonde" in a previous thread. I guess I take it back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast