+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 4/21 TAR 22 Episode 9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/21 TAR 22 Episode 9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I so wanted Bates and Anthony to be eliminated and was on pins and needles hoping the Roller Moms would get unlost...I wish they would tell how much time they had wasted still it looks like a rather strange next episode with a speed bump and a double U turn.

Can a team be double U Turned? I would luv it if someone did that to Max and Katie. Or can a team U Turn two other teams?
    Probably, but it'd be a waste of a U-Turn when there is a possibility that you have a third one somewhere (unlikely now, but who knows)?

I'm glad the Roller Moms are still in it, and I like Phil's little jab at them trying to make it appear THEY were assessed a time penalty and the moms would go on and they'd be eliminated.

I did like the challenges tonight - especially the maze. I do wonder though what would've happened if Chuck and Wynonna were still in it and she was say epileptic or something (well any of them and the other had done all the roadblocks they could've done). I would think in this case - they'd forced the other one to do one of the earlier challenges (that ex. "Only Connor can do this challenge" if Dave and Connor were still there), then the other one they'd list that specifically on the marker. That is fair, due to safety/liability issues and yet it still keeps the challenge vague to the people opening it up.

So happy the hockey bros are still in it. Even when they had to switch tasks and knew they were probably last, they didn't lose their cool and freak out. I hope they win it all.

Max couldn't find one moment of fun in the fun house/bar? Of course not, normally he and Katie wouldn't be caught dead there. Ugh, I hate that they came in first.

At this point I am ABMAK (anyone but Max and Katie) for the win.
    waywyrd, dzigner, FlyAKite and 6 others like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

I'm rooting for Bates and Anthony now. They are so likable. So nice. So decent. So chill. And hey, Bates was bright enough to keep his passport on his body rather than in his backpack. Also, I like the roller Derby Moms. I miss Wynonna, though. She put up with so much-from Chuck! I honestly thought he was a good guy, but after last week, god, I was hoping she was going to toss him out of the window on top of Mt. Eicher(sp). No wonder she has so little self-esteem! I mean, the woman climbed out onto a ledge on the side of a mountain and did not give up! And all he can do is run her down? Hes shocked she can`t run fast? What a tool. But back tonights show-Honestly, it was a bit sad to find out some of these contestants had no clue about Pres.Kennedy`s famous quote. Age is no excuse. It was hammered into my head in school. I'm not much older than the younger contestants. Also, geez, people, President Roosevelt said `Tear down this wall`? Really? really? The Wall he was talking about is The Great Wall Of China? You`re in Germany, folks, let`s put two and two together! You aren't helping Americas image as a bunch of idiot tourists who don`t even know you`re history, much less our own.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Still Team Hockey for me!

On another note, please, please, please get rid of the YouTubers. I don't think I can watch one more episode of the screaming and flailing about.
    Florimel, Hyper, Shoepie and 4 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Blondes are lost. And I don't get how they couldn't go hunt down Bates' backpack? Whoever stole it had to be on that train somewhere...
    Whoever stole his backback probably grabbed it just as he got off the train. I would imagine there were many stops along the way. Good thinking to keep his passport secure. He can share toiletries and clothes with his partner.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I understand the country singers like the Hockey boys, and I understand WHY they like the country boys (heehee) but do they really want to give them the win? It's still a race and comments like "I want to be in the final three with the hockey players", are confounding. I get it, they're friends, but please, be a little more competitive!

Uncle David, I warmed up to the youtubers a little last week, and didn't mind them as much this week. I guess, despite the squealing, I appreciate their good attitude. And if you're going to squeal, rolling cheese, face falling (or whatever it's called) and fun labyrinths seem like pretty good places to do so. They rank far higher than...

...Max and Katie. What a contrast between Max and Katie's attitude at the bar/labyrinth in comparison to the youtubers. I don't think they had a great edit because I don't think there was anything they said I really enjoyed hearing.

Did I see the camera pan a couple of times to the rack of luggage above Bates when he said he was missing his backpack? I wonder if it was a suggestion that his backpack was up there? I don't know.
    redsox girl, Duckyface and Midol like this.

At the beginning of the episode we hear Max and Katie say that they planned on winning a lot of legs and hadn't yet and we hear the Youtubers say they were sick of being at the bottom of the pack and then they come in second. TAR has a habit of foreshadowing like this and it kind-of stinks. It's not so much foreshadowing, as telling you exactly what is going to happen. It isn't often that they show someone saying something like that and then the exact oppposite happens. I wish they would leave that stuff out because it sort-of ruins the ending for me- like reading the ending to a book before you read the first page.

I agree, Spockwhat that I was thinking the camera was trying to show us his backpack was actually in the above storage. Maybe he just thought he'd put it on the seat and, had actually swung it above.

If not I guess someone has a pack of dirty laundry to enjoy.

I am more in crush with that team than ever, though. They just go with the flow. It also isn't like they are super rich hockey stars who can dismiss the million (which would maybe explain a more laissez-faire attitude) but they are more regular Joe guys who have lead a privileged life and don't take it for granted.
    NCLurker and dzigner like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

3 episodes left. Episode 10 next week and the finale May 5 where they will air episode 11 and 12.
    rfromp likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Still Team Hockey for me!

On another note, please, please, please get rid of the YouTubers. I don't think I can watch one more episode of the screaming and flailing about.
    Joey can act quite normal. I think Meg is okay. But he just gets on my last nerve
    Hockey players all the way
    dzigner and redsox girl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast