+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 4/14 TAR 22 Episode 8 **DELAYED on East Coast - Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/14 TAR 22 Episode 8 **DELAYED on East Coast - Spoilers**

Well, whadduno, I found Joey to be quite pleasantly tolerable this episode. It seems that he was really enjoying this leg, not even freaking or squealing out when the sled toppled over and landed squarely on his head (though I had a good laugh there) or when he thought that they had come in last. In fact it was Meghan that was having more of a meltdown then and there. If Joey stops portraying the Chicken Little character (with all his squawks and antics) for the rest of the season, he just might change my opinion of him.

I agree it was time for Chuck and Wynona to go. I'm usually one for supporting the elder couples/underdogs on TAR, but her hangdog expression and defeatist attitude for most of the legs was just too much to bear. It made me wish all the more that Pam and Winnie were there in their places this leg, I'm sure they would have appreciated the scenery much more and having a whole lot more fun at the challenges.

The free fall challenge next week? More squeals and spills. Can't wait.
    Photobabe and Babbred like this.

I had sympathized and rooted for C & W, but tonight I was glad to see the back of them. Wynona never should have come on this race; why didn't Chuck find another, more fit racing partner to bring with him? I seem to recall that in the first episode they said they were "working on their marriage". Every season, they have a couple say this and the couple ends up bickering most of the time. Why in the heck would you think that going through very stressful situations would somehow make your relationship better?

So Joey is a real person, after all. I wish that he would mature a little more and realize that he doesn't have to act a part for people to like him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think Bates and Anthony are the first all male team that I have liked besides the Cowboys and will not be upset if they win. They are not cocky or arrogant. I still think it is grossly unfair to have two professional athletes compete against non professional athletes.
    spockwhat and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I agree about them being engaging. There are still memory/logic tests to come, so perhaps they will falter, but I hope not.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The cheese fart sound effects that they made in stereo were pretty funny.
    They are my favourite of the remaining teams followed by the country girls- mainly because I don't think either team has been disrespectful to each other yet.
    Hyper likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I've been waiting for this episode all season, ever since I saw the Sphinx in the opening title credits for the show! I have been up to Jungfraujoch, so it was really cool to watch this episode, since I rode all of those trains and recognized all of the stations and such!! I've even looked out those windows that the teams were climbing around!! I made sure to be wearing the warm fleece jacket I bought while at Jungfrau when I was watching the show!

They usually start the race in LA so that's always familiar, but it's so cool when they visit somewhere I've been along the way!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I liked Chucks humor. He had been patient beyond his limits for the entire race thus far. He carried her, did all the challenges and had probably reached his breaking point. He didn't yell, scream or have a fit, he simply made, what I thought, was a very witty remark in the face of it all! Go Chuck!
    He reached his breaking point? Well I am surprised she hasn't killed him at this point. It is very obvious the only reason Wynona is doing this show is for Chuck. It is obvious she is out of shape. It is obvious she didn't train and didn't want to train for the physical challenges. It is obvious that she does not enjoy doing any kind of physical challenge. The big idiot here is Chuck for wanting to to this show knowing how she does not enjoy any kind of physical activity and knowing she was not in shape for this show and then getting mad at her for it. If Chuck had any kind of brains he would have taken one of his hunting buddies along instead of his wife.

Oh, BTW Chuck did not do all the challenges he did 5 and Wynona did 4 and she helped him out on the horseback safari one.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-16-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    sclilred1, AZChristian and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, like I said, why the heck did Chuck drag his wife onto this show? Why didn't he find somebody else, a friend or a relative, to run the race with him? I blame both Chuck and Wynona for the mess they made.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I thought they were working on their relationship.I think they both gave up during the race.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I enjoyed the episode but didn't find the cheese rolling nearly as funny as the first time they did it. Maybe it was the lack of laughing locals?

I did laugh at Chuck trying to push his wife up the hill with his head. That must have been truly exhausting. When the camera kept panning to their sled after they rolled the cheese, I knew they had made a mistake. I was pretty sure they would send them back to do it again, and then figured Wynona would quit right then and there. Chucks comments, while kind of funny, were beyond stupid given the time and place and situation. My BIL is like that. He makes the dumbest funny comments at the worst times. It's a wonder my sister hasn't decked him sometimes. I just give him the "I can't believe you just said that" look.

Still firmly rooting for the hockey players, and I don't mind the country singers and the bowling moms. Hope Max and Katie don't win. I agree it was hilarious watching her falling all over the place while everyone was waiting behind her. We weren't treated to any of her arrogant comments about how much better she is then, were we?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast