+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 4/14 TAR 22 Episode 8 **DELAYED on East Coast - Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 4/14 TAR 22 Episode 8 **DELAYED on East Coast - Spoilers**

I felt sorry for Wynonna. I can't handle altitude either. I was at the top of Haleakala in Hawaii (about 10,000 feet) and I could literally barely even walk 10 feet without becoming short of breath (too much second-hand smoke exposure as a child). Chuck was just not listening to her about how she was feeling faint, etc.

FORT Fogey

I suspect the altitude, on top of everything else, got to Wynona. If you're not in great shape to begin with, trying to do anything at that altitude is going to be very taxing. But then, it wasn't her lack of ability that got them ousted in the end anyway--it was a failure to read directions.

I think I would have enjoyed this episode a lot more if it hadn't aired directly after a five day snow/ice storm that took out my power from Tuesday night through Saturday noon (and I live in the middle of a city of 170,000, where 90,000 people were without power for some period of time, though I was in the lucky group of people who lost power for the longest period of time). Trees and power lines/poles are down everywhere, vultures and hawks were falling from the sky (apparently their wings ice up like plane wings), snow plows were skidding down the street because they couldn't get traction on the ice, houses were bisected by trees...seriously, it looked like the aftermath of a tornado but frozen.

They should have sent the AR racers here. They could have had a real roadblock. And they could have moved some of the fallen old growth trees for us.

I feel bad for Team Mullet it is so obvious that Wynona does not do any kind of exercise and you could see her lack of enthusiasm for this race every episode. I have to give her credit as a total couch potato for doing as well as she did for her husband's dream. I admit I am surprised that they lasted as long as they did. I was looking forward to seeing their asses saved because the YouTubers walked the long way around.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Chuck was really rude to Wynonna this episode. She told him several times to stop but he continued with his comments. It would not surprise me if this is how he is at home, always making snarky remarks.
    FlyAKite and Moontat like this.
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agree that Chuck was rude. He knew how fit his partner was when he took her on the the race. His constant snipping to run faster was not going to change her into a runner. She was obviously doing the best she could. On the other hand, wow, she really was whiny. He annoyed me as they were running and with his constant dumb jokes she didn't find funny. She annoyed me as she whined her way up a mountain and yet her husband is carrying two sleds and pushing her up with her head.

The look on Wynona's face when he joked, it's ok, if you die, I'll wait at least a month before I remarry... SShe looked positively murderous... doesn't he see that? He was about to get taxidermied himself.

I loved seeing Katie fall all over the mountain. Enjoyable.

It'd be crazy if the hockey players won every challenge to the final three! They really are the team to beat.

I couldn't believe none of them had boots- their feet must've been freezing!

Chuck actually did what I was thinking- put the cheese in the upside-down sled where it is sort-of trapped between the sled runners. I'm wondering if Bates and Anthony hadn't gone first and got in front of the sled and let the cheese push them down the hill if the other teams would have figured it out. Although enjoyable, it still wasn't nearly as funny as the last cheese challenge.

I'm glad C&W are gone. I was so over W's whining. I found Chuck amusing throughout most of the race, but he was too much this episode. When your wife, who is obviously not the fittest woman on the race, faces her fears and hangs off the side of the mountain you don't tell her she could have done it faster like one of the other racers. That is the point in time that you hold your tongue and tell her your proud of her and move on. That may have been the only time I felt a bad for Wynona the whole race- she really did look dejected with that comment, otherwise she just didn't seem to be having fun so I'm glad they are gone.

On another note...when Joey and Meghan thought they were out we found out Joey does have a normal voice and can speak without squealing. As he was telling Phil that he was sad he was out and that it had been so much fun, he sounded 'real', not the character he seems to have chosen to play on the race. For a moment there he didn't annoy me.
    FlyAKite, Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I couldn't believe none of them had boots- their feet must've been freezing!

Chuck actually did what I was thinking- put the cheese in the upside-down sled where it is sort-of trapped between the sled runners. I'm wondering if Bates and Anthony hadn't gone first and got in front of the sled and let the cheese push them down the hill if the other teams would have figured it out. Although enjoyable, it still wasn't nearly as funny as the last cheese challenge.

I'm glad C&W are gone. I was so over W's whining. I found Chuck amusing throughout most of the race, but he was too much this episode. When your wife, who is obviously not the fittest woman on the race, faces her fears and hangs off the side of the mountain you don't tell her she could have done it faster like one of the other racers. That is the point in time that you hold your tongue and tell her your proud of her and move on. That may have been the only time I felt a bad for Wynona the whole race- she really did look dejected with that comment, otherwise she just didn't seem to be having fun so I'm glad they are gone.

On another note...when Joey and Meghan thought they were out we found out Joey does have a normal voice and can speak without squealing. As he was telling Phil that he was sad he was out and that it had been so much fun, he sounded 'real', not the character he seems to have chosen to play on the race. For a moment there he didn't annoy me.
    I didn't realize how much I hate his high pitched squeaky voice until he stopped using it when he was on the mat.
    holly71, NCLurker and FlyAKite like this.

The first time I went to Colorado and I didn't realize how hard it would be to walk around at that altitude so I applaud all the contestants, including Wynona, for doing as well as they did.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The first time I went to Colorado and I didn't realize how hard it would be to walk around at that altitude so I applaud all the contestants, including Wynona, for doing as well as they did.
    My son lives in Taos NM, altitude 7000 to 9000 feet depending on where you are. It is in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. I spend my visits there exhausted most of the time. When they come down to sea level they are amazed and how much they can exert themselves and not be out of breath.

I have a couple of questions. I have missed a lot this season:

Which ones are the youtubers?
    Who came in first last night?

As someone who lives where there is winter I can attest to the fact that just plain walking in thick snow is exhausting let alone climbing a mountain at high altitude.
    sweetpea and Hyper like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast