+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 3/24 TAR 22 Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/24 TAR 22 Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

My husband commented on how awesome Katie's manicure manages to be and how clean and well made-up she is. I guess the had hotel time?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    My husband commented on how awesome Katie's manicure manages to be and how clean and well made-up she is. I guess the had hotel time?
    So did my husband! how funny!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Didn't they say somewhere tat this race is an effort to reconnect and work on their marriage? Maybe Wynona is already checked out. It seems to always be chuck grabbing and kissing her in almost a headlock.
    Yes they did. the fact that they are choosing to work on their marriage is a good idea.a I love that Wynonna isn't giving up.I'm not sure why people are reading it as such. I think shes battling self-esteem and a lack of total self-confidence.I love the Mullets and will continue to root for them. I also gravitate towards the teams who don't have it all sewn up in their minds. Third place tonight after finishing last? Good for the Mullets!
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-25-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    AZChristian and Jaceegirl like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

It seems when ever they are in the middle of no-where, it is a NEL. Why do the teams I least like end up last on NEL's? Blah!
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Road block.

Learn to find poisonous scorpions. What fun. I had some scamper up my bedroom walls when I was visiting family on the farm in Sinj...I let out such a scream people came rushing in to see what had happened. Not fun. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

Oh my goodness, poor you! Im not afraid of creepy crawlies except for scorpions, mostly because they seem so sneaky! Also cenipedes because they move so strangley

Chuck and Wynona are about three hours behind. I think everyone is going to be bunched up at the airport.

Chuck and Wynona think the Kalahari desert is in Australia, Paraguay, Turkey...Oh my.

Actually other than the first two teams, no one else knew where it was, either. The teams who did not know it was Botswana were told it was Botswana by the first two teams. Chuck and Wynonna did not receive that help. Chuck, btw, was on the phone finding out the correct info. They did no worse than the other teams who were confused and in fact, worked harder because they were on their own. I think if the show should apologize for anything its for perpetuating stereotypes about contestants based on their cultural heritage.The dumb backwoods southerners is getting old.

Chuck and Wynona are so much more respectful of this opportunity than Max and Katie. I am so glad they pulled out a good showing last night. Chuck was just being cute and excited to be flying over animals and the Roller Derby moms were mocking him for saying it was where they made the Lion King. I am glad he had the chance to do such a tailor made challenge (possibly producer driven to help them gain momentum).
    I got what Chuck meant about The Lion King. I really have no respect for teams who consider themselves superior. In fact, they were showing how dumb they are by thinking Chuck meant he didnt realize it was a cartoon. Vey childish.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-25-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fan

Reasons why I like TAR:
    1. seeing the geography of and learning about the various countries they visit
    2. the excellent photography
    3. the quiet humor of things like "take your bushmen for a ride" -- everyone enjoyed that road trip!
    4. In general, they stick with a format of putting ordinary people in out-of-the-ordinary situations and giving them interesting tasks to do; it challenges the teams on every level, from finding flights to completing a difficult physical task to learning to work with their teammates. This creates enough natural drama. So far, this formula is working and TAR has found no reason to stir it up by, say, bringing in a Hantz. (Are you listening, Probst?)

Reasons why I dislike TAR:
    When they decide to stereotype a team, they go all-out. Why do they have to play Turkey in the Straw or some other hillbilly music every time Chuck and his wife are on? Chuck seems like a gentle, kind soul who happens to have been born in a place where camo attire and mullet haircuts are fashionable; why make fun of that? Why show the comments of the other teams making fun of him, e.g. Pam/Winnie's snickering about the Lion King? It's just mean. He's already said that he feels they are not well equipped to be in the race; why make them feel stupid? It must be very hurtful for them to watch.
    redsox girl, Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Yes they did. the fact that they are choosing to work on their marriage is a good idea.a I love that Wynonna isn't giving up.I'm not sure why people are reading it as such. I think shes battling self-esteem and a lack of total self-confidence.I love the Mullets and will continue to root for them. I also gravitate towards the teams who don't have it all sewn up in their minds. Third place tonight after finishing last? Good for the Mullets!
    I agree here - I really think they are working it out. What I read last night from Chuck kissing Wynonna and not the reverse she was tired (and the heat in Africa will sap your energy) and/or she's a little bit uncomfortable showing any type of affection in public. I can understand this too - I feel uncomfortable with any more than a hug public.

And I agree third from last (and what should've been an elimination save we had Dave and Connor choose health over game, which was awesome and the right thing to do) rocks. What was funny was Pam and Winnie in the interviews make the remark about how Chuck probably makes traps every morning before breakfast and ... he even says it's like second nature to him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Actually other than the first two teams, no one else knew where it was, either. The teams who did not know it was Botswana were told it was Botswana by the first two teams. Chuck and Wynonna did not receive that help. Chuck, btw, was on the phone finding out the correct info. They did no worse than the other teams who were confused and in fact, worked harder because they were on their own. I think if the show should apologize for anything its for perpetuating stereotypes about contestants based on their cultural heritage.The dumb backwoods southerners is getting old.
    And nevermind the fact that in the case of Australia - 1,371,000 acres of it IS desert land. So they were right in a country with a desert... just not the RIGHT one for the race.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    redsox girl likes this.

Chuck and Wynona are about three hours behind. I think everyone is going to be bunched up at the airport.

Chuck and Wynona think the Kalahari desert is in Australia, Paraguay, Turkey...Oh my.
    I thought what Chuck and Wynona did was quite smart. She had papers in front of her she was reading those countries from. I believe she was looking at the list of places they had visas for and just going down the line to find the correct one. It didn't take very much time at all to do it that way.
    redsox girl likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Other insights from tonight:

1. I'm glad Chuck and Wynonna made the most - at least one leg - of their reprieve from what should've been their elimination last week (as Phil made it VERY clear that they were in the race only because Dave and Connor had to drop out). It was also glad to see her do a challenge - it wasn't super-difficult and she did relatively well though she did try to accidentally kill the scorpion by how she was digging. I can't fault her though - I'd be scared to get stung by a scorpion - I mean how do they KNOW this scorpion isn't a fatal kind?

4. I liked how they made the bushman a part of almost all the leg, and I especially liked how Chuck and Wynonna used a more universal gesture of respect by doing a handshake. I don't think many understood the high fives or the hand slapping of good job. I do however give kudos to the teams that made sure to acknowledge their fellow colleagues in this leg.

7. The country singer who did the roadblock... Um, I'm sorry, but lions CAN kill you. If you see bushmen climbing a tree - just humor them and climb it. We'd rather not see you mauled - these guys are NOT Simba or Mufasa. They act more like Scar if they see you as a danger.
    I agree with most of your post and really just wanted to address the few issues in these items.

You asked how the know it's a non-poisonous scorpion. That knowledge is based on their thousands of years of living in that area and discovering which aspects of the environment
    are lethal and which ones aren't by observation.
    Not trying to be snarky but I think sometimes we forget that all human knowledge comes originally from observations.

I too liked the respect most teams showed the Bushmen.

As for the Lion: if I saw the inhabitants of an area reacting in that way to any of the local wildlife I'd be right up that tree behind them, in front of them if possible. I think that sometimes people feel that the natural world is nothing more than what we all see on our tvs. Real lions in the savannah are not the trained and tranquilized lions seen in movies and on tv. I hope the racers learn at least the difference betweem real life and tv.

BTW this will rank as one of my all time fave episodes for how much we got to see of the Indigenous People of that area.
    Thank you TAR!
    Last edited by Orion Nebula; 03-25-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Her reaction to the lion made me think of the idiot tourists who go up to Florida alligators to get their picture taken next to them, or people who visit Yellowstone National Park and want a close-up photo op with a buffalo. They're wild animals and can do serious damage!! I don't know why visitors seem to think they're like pets or cardboard cutouts. I know if my guide shimmied up a tree when a lion approached, I'd be getting out of Dodge, too, or looking for a hidey-hole if I couldn't climb the tree quickly enough.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast