+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 3/24 TAR 22 Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/24 TAR 22 Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    OK I didn't know which is why I said possibly. At any rate I am glad it worked to the advantage of people I feel are appreciative of the experience.
    Yeah, me too. It's just that I don't feel Winona's heart is in this race, that she is doing it for her husband and her lack of drive? is bugging me somehow.

Oh, it was really fun reading Phil's posts (this was a couple of seasons ago on the official TAR website) about how they set up production because the entire production and film crew is running the race with the teams every season it's that we don't see them. In fact when teams buy tickets at the airports they also have to do it for the cameraman and the sound guy so they actually take up four seats in an airplane. Considering each team has two people attached to them it is amazing that we never see the other film crews.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-25-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    shetrick likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Didn't they say somewhere tat this race is an effort to reconnect and work on their marriage? Maybe Wynona is already checked out. It seems to always be chuck grabbing and kissing her in almost a headlock.
    redsox girl likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Didn't they say somewhere tat this race is an effort to reconnect and work on their marriage? Maybe Wynona is already checked out. It seems to always be chuck grabbing and kissing her in almost a headlock.
    Yes, they did say that and I always thought it is the worst possible idea to work on a relationship while traveling all over the world, racing and under a lot of stress. I am always amazed at how many couples do that every season. I wonder if the theory is if you can survive a home reno or traveling together then your relationship has a chance?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yes, they did say that and I always thought it is the worst possible idea to work on a relationship while traveling all over the world, racing and under a lot of stress. I am always amazed at how many couples do that every season. I wonder if the theory is if you can survive a home reno or traveling together then your relationship has a chance?
    My husband has been renovating our master bath for nearly 3 years. Let's just say that I know I wouldn't attempt AR as a marriage saver.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    Those B52s dropped 20,000 tons of bombs on Hanoi during the Christmas 1972 raids and killed 1,000 civilians, many of whose relatives are alive today. It's not like our hands are clean. I agree that the visit to the memorial should have been treated more seriously and somberly, and it maybe didn't need to be in the show at all. I suspect that the producers -- some of whom might not be Americans -- picked it without much thought just because they knew the taxi drivers could find it. The song gave us an insight into how children are indoctrinated in their country, not much different from our kids singing "The Star Spangled Banner" and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" (imagine what Vietnamese kids might make of our "By the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air...." and "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord..."). I think it's valuable to be reminded that the rest of the world doesn't see us the way we see ourselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20719382
    The Christmas Bombing | Military Aviation | Air & Space Magazine
    I didn't say that it wasn't worth seeing - or we didn't have our hands clean (though again, we shouldn't have been in the war and have to thank the Gulf of Tonkin resolution and LBJ for it) - it was more on how it was handled. Just as a prop for a stop in the race DOESN'T teach anyone anything - and that's I think why it offended some veterans who may not have to deal with the PTSD aspect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    it seems that that was all for show and drama. The other 2 bush men didn't climb the tree. And what about the cameraman and sound guy, shouldn't they be climbing the tree too? It was a setup.
    No - it wasn't. They showed the shot with them pointing and there is a clear lion in the background where they were. There was indeed danger. They may have recreated the tree climbing though AFTER the danger passed.

It looks to me, like she isn't really enjoying this at all- I think mentally she has checked out
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am happy Chuck and Wynona are still in it, because I like him a lot. I like how excited and positive he is while racing. She, on the other hand, tends to become a sourpuss and I don't think she's very appreciative and respectful towards her husband sometimes. He's always praising her and kissing her, and she's pretty much always complaining.

Max and Katie continue to confirm my original impression of them. The bushmen stink, Katie? Ugh. I was so excited when they were in last place, after Max went on and on about how smart Katie was under all that blonde hair (that's a strange compliment/insult) when Mr. S remarked that it was probably going to be a non-elim, and sure enough... Oh and Max? Being in cigar sales does not mean you will have an easier time making fire from scratch. I just about died when he said that. What a poseur.

The scorpions would have just about done me in. I was wigging out just watching it on tv, so honestly I didn't blame youtube dude for being creeped out. Sure, he was over the top, but in that situation I might have been as well.
    NFL1 and dzigner like this.

Max and Katie continue to confirm my original impression of them. The bushmen stink, Katie? Ugh. I was so excited when they were in last place, after Max went on and on about how smart Katie was under all that blonde hair (that's a strange compliment/insult) when Mr. S remarked that it was probably going to be a non-elim, and sure enough... Oh and Max? Being in cigar sales does not mean you will have an easier time making fire from scratch. I just about died when he said that. What a poseur.
    I said the same as Mr S. I said it out-loud to Mr M and the TV Somehow I got the feeling all last night that they knew it was non elimination
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Thank you CBS for taking note and making an apology. I knew a family who were Chinese in origin and lived in the South. They were among the boat people who fled the Communist reprisals after the Americans pulled out. All these years later, the country is one and under one will, but, the atrocities on BOTH sides will never be forgotten by those who lived through it, either up close or from a distance.

I loved this episode. The Kalahari is Amazing and the challenges were so on track with having to survive in those conditions. It is interesting to see if fish can swim out of water and our racers did very well. I think I would be squeamish more than scared (like internet guy) digging out a scorpion, but I think I would have tried to make fire as well, not knowing how complicated the trap might be.

Everyone seemed to enjoy their teachers who in turn seemed to get a giggle from the teaching. I'm happy it's a NEL so all the teams get another chance to enjoy their Africa experience.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast