Other insights from tonight:
1. I'm glad Chuck and Wynonna made the most - at least one leg - of their reprieve from what should've been their elimination last week (as Phil made it VERY clear that they were in the race only because Dave and Connor had to drop out). It was also glad to see her do a challenge - it wasn't super-difficult and she did relatively well though she did try to accidentally kill the scorpion by how she was digging. I can't fault her though - I'd be scared to get stung by a scorpion - I mean how do they KNOW this scorpion isn't a fatal kind?
2. The fellow on team YouTube sadly showed a stereotype - and I hated seeing that - by being so jumpy about the scorpions. He's over the top yeah, but he tends to stay focused and not do this. Yeah, one can be scared but screaming like a girl doesn't help anyone's mood.
3. So carbon dioxide knocks out scorpions (or oxygen deprivation) - which is what we saw with them putting them in their mouth. Interesting thing to see.
4. I liked how they made the bushman a part of almost all the leg, and I especially liked how Chuck and Wynonna used a more universal gesture of respect by doing a handshake. I don't think many understood the high fives or the hand slapping of good job. I do however give kudos to the teams that made sure to acknowledge their fellow colleagues in this leg.
5. Even I knew setting a trap has a bit better odds of getting done faster than the fire. It's easier to set up several traps in the time it can take to set a fire. They were focused more on lighting the guy's pipe than they were with the fact you had to START a fire from scratch.
6. I wish it was an elimination round - Max and Katie showed their ugly side again here with the rude comments about the Bushmen (like Katie doesn't probably stink herself in this leg?) Kinda glad they have to do a speedbump to see if they can really prove their smack talk.
7. The country singer who did the roadblock... Um, I'm sorry, but lions CAN kill you. If you see bushmen climbing a tree - just humor them and climb it. We'd rather not see you mauled - these guys are NOT Simba or Mufasa. They act more like Scar if they see you as a danger.