+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Pretty decent episode, still sticking with gorgeous Bora Bora, always nice to see that eye candy. Here are my individual thoughts on the teams:

Hockey Puckey- They do seem strong, but I like their easy-going nature and poking fun at themselves, it makes them likeable.

Dave & Connor- I was impressed with how fast they finished the Detour after their initial mistake, and it's a huge bummer about Dave's achilles.

Jessica & John- I am officially calling these two the J-Pukes. They're such awful people! They actualy took the biggest jerk award from Max & Katie, especially when they looked so happy at Dave's achilles injury. Their constant "suck up" talk and how they want to use the Express Pass to be manipulative and go back on their word is disgusting and I hope karma smacks them silly.

The Youtubers- Joey was still very energetic but not obnoxious, and Meghan herself was more shrill than Joey, but not to levels of making me dislike them. I'm liking these two, actually, namely for the fact that they're having so much fun.

Team Taxidermullet- They're okay still, and Wynona going back into the boat like a fish was pretty funny. I feel bad for her knowing she's so slow and worried it'll cost them, but it makes her more likeable to see she wants to be useful.

The Roller Moms- Still very likeable and upbeat, I liked how they enjoyed the trunk Detour so much.

The Country Belles- Also liking them quite a bit and glad to see them do well in this leg. I like how they seem quite adept at the physical challenges.

The Snobby Shrews- Their non-stop talk about being "diabolical" and how the Caroline and Jennifer would throw them under the bus makes them look so stupid. Still disliking them.

Team Kawaii- Man did these two scare me this week! I like them, so to see them falter so badly was a pain, they got really lucky. It seems what cost them most was getting lost due to panicking in the water, hopefully they can recover next week.

The Twin Docs- I feel for them in one way. I too have a fear of going underwater, because despite being a dang good swimmer, I just can't hold my breath underwater for longer than a few seconds. But their not even considering to switch Detour options till so very late was an incredibly dumb mistake, and I can't even fathom why they'd come to the race without bothering to try to learn how to swim. I learned how to swim by myself, nobody taught me. And I can understand one team member being afraid of something, but two? It definitely was their time to go.

Saw a commercial for the next episode, and holy crud! The father is going to try to run the race in crutches! I don't know to feel about that. Part of me admires his determination, and part of me thinks he's silly and should just go home.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Saw a commercial for the next episode, and holy crud! The father is going to try to run the race in crutches! I don't know to feel about that. Part of me admires his determination, and part of me thinks he's silly and should just go home.
    I saw the same preview last night while watching Survivor and I couldn't believe it. I cheered when I saw it but I also thought just a second later, wow, how is he going to race like that?

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I saw the same preview last night while watching Survivor and I couldn't believe it. I cheered when I saw it but I also thought just a second later, wow, how is he going to race like that?
    Crap! I didn't know Survivor was back on. Shows what happens when I get Netflix.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Crap! I didn't know Survivor was back on. Shows what happens when I get Netflix.
    You haven't missed much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You haven't missed much
    I'll be doing a marathon tonight on demand
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

To the Point

I watched this morning as ours was delayed due to basketball....I was shocked when I saw him. He also had a boot on, didn't he? I'm not surprised he's in a boot or on crutches. I am shocked he is trying to run the race this way.

FORT Regular

Unfortunately and tragically African Americans not knowing how to swim is not really a stereotype. Here are some stastitics:

•Seventy percent of African-American and sixty percent of Hispanic/Latino children cannot swim. (Source: National research study by the USA Swimming Foundation and the University of Memphis)
    •African-American children drown at a rate nearly three times higher than their Caucasian peers. (Source: CDC)
    •If a parent does not know how to swim, there is only a 13 percent chance that a child in that household will learn how to swim. (Source: National research study by the USA Swimming Foundation and the University of Memphis)

This fear of the water crosses socio-economic lines and may be largely related to the legacy of slavery and segregation (see the New York Times op ed article of Aug.12, 2012, "Water Damage" by Martha Southgate.)

It is surprising that knowing they would probably have to do some kind of water task the twins did not seem to have prepared themselves. I hope that when they return home they will become advocates for black children learning to swim. Indeed all children should be taught basic water safety and swimming skills.

I saw that too...he was seriously moving on those crutches! I can't imagine he is going to get very far in the race, because the first time he has to do something like swim I doubt he will be able to wear that boot and I think he will have to bow out. It should prove interesting and I give him credit for trying. Looking forward to Sunday to see how it all shakes out.

My guess is, that at this point father and son don't expect to win. They simply don't want to be quitters. They know the odds are stacked against them, but they will do the very best. If they go down, they will go down fighting.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678