+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I still like Pam and Winnie. Bates and Anthony seem good but boring at the same time. I like Johnica more this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Strangely, no one seems to be bothered by all the stereotyping of blondes I see on these boards. As a blonde all my life, I've heard it forever and just laugh it off because I know it's not true. It truly doesn't bother me, but what's good for one group should be what's good for all, IMO.

I was really sorry to see the twins go, they were so likable. However, I don't understand how anyone in this day and age hasn't learned to swim, if only as a safety measure. There are so many places to learn that are free or very inexpensive and there is water all around us. I had my boys in the pool by the time they were six months old, and they could swim the length of a pool either on top of or underwater by the time they were two. Babies are natural swimmers and can quickly learn to breathe and bubble.
    I never learned to swim until a young adult, and still am the furtherest thing away from a good swimmer. I can't go underwater because I just automatically rise to the top. I have so many funny memories of different people trying to get me to be able to swim under water, but it just never worked. Because of not being a good swimmer myself, I made sure I enrolled my son as a toddler, and he is a great swimmer today. He did the same thing with my grandkids, and they both took lessons as a baby. They both swim like fish. I agree, if at all possible start teaching children to swim at a very young age. For me it just wasn't possible, and to this day wished I was a good swimmer. I could probably float forever and I guess that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I still like Pam and Winnie. Bates and Anthony seem good but boring at the same time. I like Johnica more this week.
    Johnny thanks for reminding me about Bates and Anthony. I like them as well. Need to add them to my list of my favorites. I guess it's still too early for me to pick one team as my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Luv'ed the stilt challenge, cause we really haven't seen that many balance challenges. Only wish the male of the newlyweds had pulled a groin muscle from all those giant kicks he attempted.
    I've been expecting him to dislocate a shoulder from all the patting himself on the back that he's been doing!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I've been expecting him to dislocate a shoulder from all the patting himself on the back that he's been doing!
    One can only hope. Where are the spitting llamas, the defecating cows, camels, donkeys that also kick. I would to see the newlyweds behind and or in front any or all of these creatures. Where the heck was a shark when you needed one?
    Moontat, AZChristian and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, this episode cemented my dislike for the newlyweds. As if I needed much help, there. What drama queens they are, and then she says he should be embarrassed after his stilt performance? I'm not sure they are going to make it very long as a couple.

I am also stymied as to why the twins didn't even think to take a few swimming lessons before going on the race. Why would you go, knowing full well a water challenge was almost guaranteed? I don't get it. If they had stopped arguing about taking a penalty long enough to re-read the clue and then decided to switch tasks, they would probably still be racing. I liked them, but I'm not really that upset they are gone.

Love the hockey guys, and surprisingly the Walmart couple. I laughed and cringed when he hauled her on the ship by grabbing her crotch. Yowza!

The only people that really bugged this week was the newlyweds, so not a bad episode.

It wasn't just the swimming. Once they talked themselves into the water to dive for the shells, they pulled them off the string, one by one, rather than untying the string and hauling the whole thing to the boat. That was their big time waster. I'm glad they discovered the other half of the detour was something they could perform. At least they left with a positive water experience.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Are the twins suppose to be doctors? So they contemplated for 45 minutes whether to do the task or take the penalty? I was scratching my head as to why they didn't even think about checking out the other task right away knowing that they couldn't do the first one. It was like a dumb and dumber moment.

I'm impressed with the father and son team. They forgot their scuba gears but still almost end up going to the mat first. Unfortunately, it looks like they may not be able to continue with the dad's injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Are the twins suppose to be doctors? So they contemplated for 45 minutes whether to do the task or take the penalty? I was scratching my head as to why they didn't even think about checking out the other task right away knowing that they couldn't do the first one. It was like a dumb and dumber moment.
    it really was.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I never learned to swim until a young adult, and still am the furtherest thing away from a good swimmer. I can't go underwater because I just automatically rise to the top. I have so many funny memories of different people trying to get me to be able to swim under water, but it just never worked. Because of not being a good swimmer myself, I made sure I enrolled my son as a toddler, and he is a great swimmer today. He did the same thing with my grandkids, and they both took lessons as a baby. They both swim like fish. I agree, if at all possible start teaching children to swim at a very young age. For me it just wasn't possible, and to this day wished I was a good swimmer. I could probably float forever and I guess that's a good thing.
    You are just naturally very buoyant, Jacegirl. So people are and women are more frequently than men. I'm very buoyant, too, and I have to really work hard to stay underwater. If I position myself vertically in the water, my legs just pop up to the surface. Both my sons did competitive swimming; one was buoyant and could easily float, and the other was just the opposite.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast