+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I loved how Chuck just pulled Wynona back into the boat like she was a beached whale. I don't think they will go that far since she is so out of shape, but they seem to be enjoying themselves which I always like.
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't watch tonight. Did John and Jessica give away their EP yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I didn't watch tonight. Did John and Jessica give away their EP yet?
    No. Dad of Father and Son can't walk...he may have ruptured his achillies heel while running to the pit stop. So they think this gives them more options of who to give it to because if they just stuck to their deal, it would have gone to the father and son.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Here's what I don't get: I don't like the water either, so I'm sympathetic to people who don't. But because I don't like the water, I wouldn't try out for things like Survivor and The Amazing Race, because I know, inevitably, there's going to be swimming and diving involved as there is every season. So why do people who don't like the water or heights or whatever continue to sign up for these shows?
    We just got back from a western Caribbean cruise. One of the things we did was an excursion that included cave tubing and ziplining. I swim like a rock, but wasn't concerned because we had on life vests (and you're supposed to stay ON the tube and float as well). At one point we had to each propel ourselves from one part of the river to another, and my poor husband just kept spinning in a circle. When I saw that, I paddled over to him on my tube, hooked my feet under his armpits, and started calling, "STROKE, STROKE." (Otherwise, I fear the poor darling would still be spinning in a circle in a cave in Belize.)

When we came out of the water, we laughed and agreed that it would NOT be a good idea for us to go on TAR. But then, I'm 66 and he's almost 72, so there are more reasons than his lack of paddling skills that would keep us from doing well on the show.
    Hyper, Shoepie, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

I felt sorry for the doctors. I wonder if now that this episode has aired they are kicking themselves for not following YouTubers and having one guy stay in the boat? For that matter, why didn't any of the other pearl teams think of this? Gads, as soon as the first team read the clue, that's what I thought of. "Ok, honey, you're a guy and stronger. You dive, and I'll shuck these suckers as fast as I can in the boat." And come to think of it, why did most teams choose this challenge? It was like the sandcastles last week. Who knew how many of those clams you would have to open? Again, as soon as they read the clue, I thought, "Sheesh, that table challenge sounds a lot easier." And sure enough the three teams who did it whizzed through it. Somebody commented on lack of common sense this season. Oh, yeah. It shows.

That reminds me. Last week somebody here said something about "I'm going to do a lot of hating this season." How about we start a hating club? I have never disliked more than one team this early in a season, so this is going to be a long season. Let me count the ways....

---Johnica "Oh we want to bask in the glory of our fellow contestants sucking up to us. Suckers! They have no idea we're going to screw them when it comes time to give out the XPass."

--YouTubers First, their disgustingly immoral conduct in the airport last week (see the the thread). Second, they just irritate me.

--Newlyweds Not quite so bad this week, but have not redeemed themselves from last week.

--Mullet Alabama I like the husband, but the wife irritates me. She uses her being overweight as an excuse to let her husband do the challenges. On the pearl diving, she stayed in the boat until well into the challenge. Unlike YouTubers, though, she wasn't opening the clams. Her husband was doing it all in the water. And then of course he had to turn right around and do the stilts. It was amazing he could run to the pit stop.

I like all the other teams. They work well together and don't become discouraged when the chips are down. My favorites are the roller derby mothers and father/son. It kills me that the latter are eliminated next week because of the father's foot. At least, that's what it looks like from the previews. The father was crying, and he wouldn't have been unless the doctor had told the bad news.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I will make a few notes and mention what I feel is a pretty obvious spoiler:

1. The twins were again showing the epitome of reacting before thinking - this case, they were fighting over wanting to take a penalty when it was a DETOUR, and you can go to the other challenge. They have the clues and when they were debating they could've read the clue again and go "Hey we can save time and just do the other challenge." Like the firefighters last week - they earned their elimination.

2. I still don't like the newlyweds - and LOVED the country singers beating them. And they learned their lesson of doing the same tasks as another team just to keep an eye on what could be the last team.

3. The Asian girls team - seriously... another case of read before you go. I'm glad they weren't seriously lost or hurt in their excursion there, and they were lucky to be safe.

4. The mullet team - HE rocks, she needs to be in better shape.

5. The father/son duo - great attitude works hard together, and I love how the son cares more about his dad than the money. Kid's got smarts, something ALL these guys should learn from.

That said - here is what I think is the spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The father and son duo will have to drop out - I say this because in the speedboat shot at the beginning you see two heads that are short dark hair - and are African-American. My guess is the twins are allowed to return and they will remove a NEL that was originally planned due to this. If this is true - I'm glad the father-son duo realize what is really important - even with their cancer fights - and don't injure themselves further.

To the Point

Since this was shown in the actual previews for next week I assume it is okay to mention it without an actual spoiler tag. If not, someone please fix as I do not know how to do spoiler tags

Well, the previews for next week do show the dad being checked out by medical and they did confirm a torn muscle, which would more than likely indicate a tear in the gastrocnemius, based on location. Had it been the actual achilles they should have said tendon tear/rupture. Still may have been achilles though. The gastrocnemius attaches to achilles fairly low down on back of calf. Probably wouldn't be as bad, but would require staying off leg for several weeks. Doesn't feel good that's for sure, and it can continue to tear if you do not stay off of it.

I didn't feel sorry for the doctors at all. If they are on the AR they must know water would be involved.Sheesh! bye bye docs( I thought they were doing the first AR being penalized every step of the way )

Sill loving my married ladies and still disliking the newlyweds

Looks like dad is out in the previews for next week( but who really knows??)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

If I were even thinking about trying to get on Amazing Race or Survivor I would be trying to gain some skill in areas that I know I am weak and are typically challenged on these two shows. The docs certainly have the $$ to afford themselves opportunities to at least become less afraid and adequate, not even accomplished just adequate.

Also, still can't stand newlyweds, youtubers, or express pass holders. How egocentric to want the others to suck up to you. Get over yourselves!
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am wondering how long before the show films that they know they are accepted. Reason is because it seems like if you were afraid of water, you would go somewhere and at least get some confidence before attempting the race. Same with people not knowing how to drive a stick, go learn. I would not want to be eliminated by something that I knew going in I needed to work on and did not.
    Shoepie and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast