+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 2/17 TAR 22 Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/17 AR 22 Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Did anyone else notice that one of the girls in the last group at the sandcastle challenge was using a plastic shovel to dig? I think the shovels were with the buckets where the clues were staged, but I didn't see anyone else using one. I kept thinking it would be torture on your bare hands after a while, and a shovel would make a huge difference.

Also, I thought the clue actually said to DIG under the sandcastle but most of them (twin doctor included) just swiped the sandcastle off and then rebuilt it. I bet they passed up several clues before finally finding one.

It would be interesting on a challenge like that if we could have an overhead shot that showed where the clues were, so we could see who was close, who missed one, etc. I'd rather spend time on that than watching skydiver/skydiver/skydiver/skydiver all doing the same thing.
    Yes! I would have loved that. I believe some did not just dig down far enough, especially the doctors. Great idea.

I forgot to record the following show so I missed the preview for next week. Did it show anything about giving the extra pass to another team other than the father and son?

The newlyweds. Wow, she is something else. They cannot win.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes! I would have loved that. I believe some did not just dig down far enough, especially the doctors. Great idea.

I forgot to record the following show so I missed the preview for next week. Did it show anything about giving the extra pass to another team other than the father and son?
    The newlyweds. Wow, she is something else. They cannot win.
    It showed they might go back on their word,as to who they give the extra pass to ( as if we didn't know that wouldnt happen)
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Thanks. I would think they would be the perfect team to give it to. They are not a huge threat AND they keep their word and look trustworthy to all. They could not have had a better team come in second. It is rare that a team with an older man can keep up. At some point the start lagging behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Thanks. I would think they would be the perfect team to give it to. They are not a huge threat AND they keep their word and look trustworthy to all. They could not have had a better team come in second. It is rare that a team with an older man can keep up. At some point the start lagging behind.
    I agree. If the dad actually did pull his achilles heel as per the previews, that team will be toast anyway and they would have kept their word and the threat of the second express pass will have been eliminated.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I thought they should have put the red bucket over the sand castle and used their hand underneath it to upright it as best they could so they could look under it and then the majority of the sand would have still been in the bucket and saved them a lot of time rebuilding it.
    Uncle David, spockwhat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I thought they should have put the red bucket over the sand castle and used their hand underneath it to upright it as best they could so they could look under it and then the majority of the sand would have still been in the bucket and saved them a lot of time rebuilding it.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of that during the task with all the stress though, LOL
    Uncle David, Midol and Babbred like this.

Maybaybie what a clever idea! Judibug great catch about the plastic shovel - I totally missed that. Bora Bora was absolutely beautiful and made me want to be right there with them. Maybe in a lounge chair sipping a drink instead of looking for clues. Maybe the Newlyweds will be eliminated next and end up spending their honeyoon right there. I wonder if that is ever an option if a team gets eliminated in a place that they would actually like to spend time at or if they have to leave right away? Of course they would have to pay for their own expenses for however long they may want to say, but just wondered if it were an option. Bora Bora would be a place I would definitely want to spend more time if eliminated. Truly seems like paradise to me.

I pretty much have the same opinions as the rest of you so far and clearly have no favorite team yet. Judibug I agree it would have been nice to see overhead shots knowing where those clues were as well. I think seeing one team member skydiving (maybe two) doing it would have been just fine. It seemed like they all had a wonderful experience, but not something I could ever do myself.

I love watching the AR to get to see places that I most likely will never get to visit. Some I just love and some I know I would never want to visit.

My parents are going on a lifelong dream cruise in April that stops in BoraBora. They were so excited to see last night's episode and I was so jealous!!!

My husband said the same thing, or shovel the sand castle into the pail, and its ready to go when they have to rebuild it. I would have gone back and finished the challenge if I had been the firefighters, they had 4 hours!
    Midol and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bora Bora was definitely the star of the first episode...it takes me a few weeks to bond with the teams...but some look promising..
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

+ Reply to Thread