+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 2/17 TAR 22 Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/17 AR 22 Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I just found Meghan's youtube review as well (equally as annoying!). I found it interesting that when they were given their "$20 for this leg of the race" they thought it was for food so they bought some in the airport because they were hungry. They then noticed that all the other teams were just sitting by the gate and none were eating so it dawned on them that they may need to use it for a cab or something in BoraBora. They looked through the airport for change and then decided to go tell the restaurant they had gotten sick on their food so they could get a refund ("a little white lie in a race for a million dollars" she said. So look out for these sweet, young, fresh-faced youtubers....looks like they can be sneaky and underhanded when push comes to shove.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I just found Meghan's youtube review as well (equally as annoying!). I found it interesting that when they were given their "$20 for this leg of the race" they thought it was for food so they bought some in the airport because they were hungry. They then noticed that all the other teams were just sitting by the gate and none were eating so it dawned on them that they may need to use it for a cab or something in BoraBora. They looked through the airport for change and then decided to go tell the restaurant they had gotten sick on their food so they could get a refund ("a little white lie in a race for a million dollars" she said. So look out for these sweet, young, fresh-faced youtubers....looks like they can be sneaky and underhanded when push comes to shove.
    I didn't like them to begin with, now I really don't. Their stupidity should not have cost a restaurant $$.
    TripleGemini, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.

Now that's just harsh. And stupid of their part to not take at least some snacks for the first couple of legs. Energy bars, trail mix, stuff like that to hold you up for at least the first one or two legs of the race so you can save some money in not buying food. They have food at the pitstop and a full twelve hours you spend there to be able to eat and sleep, one would think that spending no money on food at first would be a given. Seriously, take some snacks when you go in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Now that's just harsh. And stupid of their part to not take at least some snacks for the first couple of legs. Energy bars, trail mix, stuff like that to hold you up for at least the first one or two legs of the race so you can save some money in not buying food. They have food at the pitstop and a full twelve hours you spend there to be able to eat and sleep, one would think that spending no money on food at first would be a given. Seriously, take some snacks when you go in the race.
    Are contestants allowed to bring snacks, though?

To the Point

Even if they aren't, there was no excuse for what they did in regards to lying to the restaurant to get their money back. That is just WRONG. I can handle contestants doing things that impact other contestants that I might not agree with better than I can cheating a business while on the race.
    justCoz, Uncle David and Babbred like this.

I forgot about the premiere and then figured oh well, I will just watch it on Comcast's On Demand. Well, CBS doesn't release The Amazing Race to Comcast's ON Demand, the rat bastards. I am finally watching the premiere On Line.

Initial impressions. I didn't like the teams they all seemed rather skewed to very fit physical types. Then I saw Alabama and instantly felt sorry for them as they normal looking folks upon a pack of Type A predators.

I predict Katie will be the most hated person on this series. What a vile person.

Now that I have seen the promo for next week another vile and ugly head rises. I have a feeling I will be hating a lot this season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought they should have put the red bucket over the sand castle and used their hand underneath it to upright it as best they could so they could look under it and then the majority of the sand would have still been in the bucket and saved them a lot of time rebuilding it.

Something I thought of as I watched....I would have just started knocking castles over until I found the clue. Then I would have rebuilt the castles afterwards. I'm sure having my partner dance around with the clue would motivate me to build quickly. Yes, I know this might give a slight advantage to the other teams, since they would see where there was no clue. But how many castles were there? 400? That's a lot. And yes, you weren't supposed to knock them over. But it looks like all the teams read the clue wrong, so I'm sure I would have, too.

The FF were dumb. 400 castles in 4 hours? And they'd already been at it for 3 hours, so they had already eliminated many castles. As we saw last season, it's not enough to be the physically strongest. Sometimes using your brain can help, too.

That was despicable what the YouTubers did. Thanks to whoever tipped us off about that. I officially despise them and hope they go soon. The Newlyweds can go, too. They give me the creeps.

ARGH. This happens every season. I see the commercials for the premiere, mean to watch it, then forget. I'm so used to the show being delayed by sports events/60 Minutes that I don't DVR it. Darn you, CBS!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watching last week's episode now. As soon as I saw the first skydiver, I turned to hubby and said, "no helmets?" We do some crazy things on vacation (just did a combination cave tubing and ziplining expedition in Belize) . . . and we usually have to wear helmets for most things.

Does anyone know what time I can watch TAR on cbs.com? My satellite dish is covered in wet, sticky snow and has been down all day. It's too high up on the roof to reach so it looks like no TAR for me tonight. Boo!!!!! :-(

+ Reply to Thread