+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Amazing Race 22 Pool

All of my guys are still in? That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Pool scores will be up late. I'm home sick with either a cold or respiratory infection and just want to sleep! I'll see if I can do the scores later but it might be tomorrow before I get to them.
    Take care of yourself, pikachu!!!! Whenever you get to it is soon enough.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Feel better Pikachu!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Pool scores will be up later today.

Here are the 19 teams that will be competing this season. For extra fun, each pool team was given its own mode of transportation for the race:

7 NonBlondes and John/Maybaybie
    Transportation: Jeep
    Pamela and Winnie, Mona and Beth, Idries and Jamil, John and Jessica, Joey and Meghan

Better Luck This Time/tbamom
    Transportation: Tugboat
    Anthony and Bates, Caroline and Jen, Mona and Beth, Chuck and Wynona, *no reserve*

Betting On (Hoping For) Japan/Evande
    Transportation: Rickshaw
    John and Jessica, David and Connor, Pamela and Winnie, Anthony and Bates,Mona and Beth

Buckeye Brawlers/Buckeye Gal
    Transportation: Buckeye Coach
    Anthony and Bates, Mona and Beth, Max and Katie, Pamela and Winnie, John and Jessica

Crazy Cats/Photobabe
    Transportation: Sand Cat
    Mona and Beth, Idries and Jamil, Anthony and Bates, Pamela and Winnie, Chuck and Wynona

Dixie Drifters/dixielandbelle
    Transportation: Paddlewheel Boat
    Anthony and Bates, Mona and Beth, John and Jessica, Max and Katie, Pamela and Winnie

Kaninhop Champs/pikachu
    Transportation: Volkswagen Rabbit
    John and Jessica, Pamela and Winnie, Anthony and Bates, David and Connor, Mona and Beth

Mischief Managed/Florimel
    Transportation: Firebolt Racing Broom
    Mona and Beth, Anthony and Bates, David and Connor, Caroline and Jen, Max and Katie

Phil’s Eyebrow/greyhoundmom
    Transportation: Dog Sled
    Anthony and Bates, John and Jessica, Pamela and Winnie, Joey and Meghan, David and Connor

Philbrow/Arielflies
    Transportation: Jet Aircraft
    Pamela and Winnie, Max and Katie, Mona and Beth, John and Jessica, Anthony and Bates

Revenge of the Amazing Bellies/beerbelly
    Transportation: Clydesdale Beer Wagon
    David and Connor, Mona and Beth, Pamela and Winnie, Idries and Jamil, Joey and Meghan

Rock’m Sock’m/Midol
    Transportation: Motorcycle
    Mona and Beth, Caroline and Jen, John and Jessica, Max and Katie, Anthony and Bates

Slap Shot Express/Hyper
    Transportation: Snowmobile
    Anthony and Bates, Mona and Beth, John and Jessica, Max and Katie, Idries and Jamil

Sundays with Phil/jsciv
    Transportation: Camel Caravan
    David and Connor, Anthony and Bates, John and Jessica, Joey and Meghan, Max and Katie

Supreme Mediocrity/dajazz
    Transportation: Helicopter
    Idries and Jamil, John and Jessica, Chuck and Wynona, Anthony and Bates, Caroline and Jen

Team Maybs/r2maybs
    Transportation: Train
    Anthony and Bates, John and Jessica, Mona and Beth, Pamela and Winnie, Chuck and Wynona

Team Phileas Fogg/veejer
    Transportation: Hot Air Balloon
    Mona and Beth, John and Jessica, Caroline and Jen, Anthony and Bates, Chuck and Wynona

The Alabama Skinners/JohnnyK
    Transportation: Swamp Buggy
    Chuck and Wynona, Max and Katie, Caroline and Jen, John and Jessica, David and Connor

The Commanders of Awesome/KWBoogieboy
    Transportation: Submarine
    Matthew and Daniel, John and Jessica, Anthony and Bates, Idries and Jamil, Joey and Meghan
    Hyper likes this.

I had to Google Sand Cat. That is one cool vehicle! Maybe it will make up for my poor choices of teams. Thanks, Pikachou. I sure hope you are feeling better!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Amazing Race 22 Pool Results
    Episode 2

Welcome to the first pool results of the season! We have a massive pool this time, with 19 teams, so there’s likely to be a lot of movement each week up and down the leaderboard and the competition will be more fierce than ever!!

Before we get to the results, I have some pool statistics for you. Anthony and Bates were the most popular team captains, chosen by 6 of the 19 teams. Mona and Beth were the second most popular team captains, chosen by 4 teams. Nobody chose Caroline and Jen or Joey and Meghan as their captains. Jessica and John were the most popular non-captains, chosen by 12 teams (another 2 teams had them as their captains). Anthony and Bates and Mona and Beth were the next most popular non-captains, chosen by 8 teams each. The most popular reserve couple was Chuck and Wynona, chosen by 3 teams.

Anthony and Bates finished first, earning 50 points.
    Dave and Connor came in second, earning 45 points.
    Jessica and John were third, getting 40 points.
    Joey and Meghan finished fourth, getting 35 points.
    Chuck and Wynona came in fifth, earning 30 points.
    Mona and Beth were sixth, earning 25 points.
    Caroline and Jen finished seventh, getting 20 points.
    Max and Katie came in eighth, earning 15 points.
    Pam and Winnie were ninth, getting 10 points.
    Idries and Jamil finished last and were eliminated. They earned 5 points this week.

Weekly Scores and Team Rankings
    Sundays with Phil: 215 points
    Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 185 points
    Kaninhop Champs: 185 points
    Phil’s Eyebrow: 185 points
    Dixie Drifters: 180 points
    Slap Shot Express: 180 points
    Better Luck This Time: 175 points
    Team Maybs: 175 points
    Mischief Managed: 165 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 160 points
    Buckeye Brawlers: 150 points
    The Alabama Skinners: 135 points
    Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 130 points
    Supreme Mediocrity: 130 points
    The Commanders of Awesome: 130 points
    Rock’m Sock’m: 125 points
    Crazy Cats: 115 points
    Philbrow: 100 points
    7 NonBlondes and John: 90 points

Sundays with Phil’s camel caravan was off the starting point like a shot! They spit in the eyes of their competitors and galloped ahead to first place, leaving the other teams in the dust. Having all four of the first four couples to finish on their team paid off for them big-time.

Also not messing about were Betting On Japan, Kaninhop Champs, and Phil’s Eyebrow. Betting On Japan sprinted their rickshaw to second place, keeping pace with Kaninhop’s Volkswagen Rabbit and Phil’s Eyebrow’s dog sled.

In third place, Dixie Drifters went full steam ahead on their paddlewheel, with the strains of Proud Mary playing from their Dixieland band on deck rolling them down the river. Slap Shot Express’s snowmobile kept right up with them.

Better Luck This Time piloted their tugboat to fourth place and met Team Maybs train at the crossing. Each honked their horn as they came abroad one another.

All alone at fifth place was Mischief Managed, urging their Firebolt on as fast as they dared without toppling off.

Team Phileas Fogg drifted right behind them in sixth place, hoping to get their hot air balloon up to an air current to propel them faster to the finish.

Buckeye Brawlers were slow to load everyone on the coach and lost some time, finishing the first leg in seventh place.

The Alabama Skinners plowed their massive swamp buggy through the thick mud, coming in at eighth place.

Three teams shared ninth place. Revenge of the Amazing Bellies led the charge with their team of mighty Clydesdales. They joined the submarine crew of The Commanders of Awesome and the helicopter crew of Supreme Mediocrity in a round of beer, toasting to their victory, before leaving the starting point. The celebration might have put them momentarily behind but it got everyone in good spirits!

Rock’m Sock’m on their motorcycle had to stop to fuel up more often than the larger vehicles so they finished in tenth place.

Crazy Cats was still getting used to navigating their sand cat and fell behind, coming in eleventh.

Philbrow’s private jet was grounded until the tower gave them clearance to takeoff. They enjoyed a fruit and cheese plate with cocktails from their airline staff while waiting on the tarmac. Once airborne, they made up for lost time but still ended up in twelfth place.

The last team to arrive in the first leg was 7 NonBlondes and John. None of them brought a map so they got off course. Then their jeep got a flat tire and an overheated engine. They’ve made repairs and hope to start strong on the next leg.

Sundays with Phil got the highest weekly score! Their reward is a weekend trip to Bora Bora, a skydiving excursion, and a sand castle kit.

This is my first time jumping in the pool - have I ever been missing out!! I'm in awe, Pikachu and bow to your brilliance! Can't tell you how much enjoyment I'm getting from this thread. The Paddleboat waits, not so patiently, for the next installment. Thanks!

Is there no spreadsheet for this season? I would be more than happy to whip one up for the players, Pikachu.

Ooh, thanks so much for my firebolt broom, pikachu. Now all we need is a Quidditch challenge as part of the race. And maybe a Quidditch beer pong for us observers,though for me it would have to be a Quidditch wine pong since I hate beer. .
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have a spreadsheet. I just didn't take pictures of it this time because it takes so long to do. I can send it by email to anyone who wants to see it.

I'll see if I can get one posted tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread