Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Twinees gone? Called it. Apparently I do know my editing tricks.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    How did the Beekmans have tricks up their sleeves? What did they do that was even vaguely deceptive?
    Just shows those girls are sore loosers. Those men have nothing up their sleeves! Except for helping other teams.....
    CupidGuest likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    The word gay is not in itself pejorative, but the way it is wielded can be. And since everyone else is identifying them in another manner that everyone seem to understand, it doesn't really seem necessary to continually identify them by their orientation. If they were a pair of black goat farmers and six teams referred to them as "the Beekmans", one team referred to them as "the blacks", I would still be questioning their take on things.
    That's it exactly. No one else continually calls them "the gays," much less the "evil gays," and no one else seems especially annoyed to be beaten by them in particular. Everyone else seems to call them the Beekman boys or the goat farmers.

Your comment about calling a team "the blacks" reminds me of that stupid Family AR season, when one set of contestants was a black family whose name was Black. I remember them saying, "We're the Black family" and then laughing about it, because the other teams didn't seem to know quite what to make of that--or even whether it was okay to call them the Black family when that's who they were and wasn't just a reference to their race. They went out first, but I kind of wanted them to stick around, just because of that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Twinees gone? Called it. Apparently I do know my editing tricks.
    Yep, they were getting a particularly nasty edit up until the end when they showed the montage of how much fun they were having on the race--a montage that did not include them "finding" the Rockers' money.
    jucamer likes this.

Okay, when they're talking to Phil (and possibly other people), they refer to them as the Beekmans. In conversation between themselves, it's the gays. They do know the difference, and I am quite certain that they are bigots.
    Florimel, GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I could use many additives for the Beekmans - slow, thoughtful, soft, not-competitive - but not EVIL. I don't think they stole anyone's money...C'mon boys, beat those evil Twinnies!
    No kidding. But I'd also throw in smart, at least in some respects. They seem to do much better at tasks that involve certain skill sets--they're good at math, history, map reading, languages, building etc. They're just not good at the athletic stuff, which has been much of the race this time.

Red and yellow? Msybe it's mustard and ketchup for the hot dogs at Nathan's.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Okay, when they're talking to Phil (and possibly other people), they refer to them as the Beekmans. In conversation between themselves, it's the gays. They do know the difference, and I am quite certain that they are bigots.
    They also called them the "evil gays" to their faces, and I don't really think they were close enough to the Beekmans to make that kind of joke at their expense, especially since they'd just let them know they had an alliance agreement to get them out of the game and had shrieked to the other teams not to let them ride their coattails (and in fact, the other teams ended up riding the Beekmans' coattails to some extent, since they knew French and were nice enough to share information).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Red and yellow? Msybe it's mustard and ketchup for the hot dogs at Nathan's.
    Oh, man--do you think they'd have them do a hotdog eating contest? That would be pretty funny and totally Coney Island.
    CupidGuest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    No kidding. But I'd also throw in smart, at least in some respects. They seem to do much better at tasks that involve certain skill sets--they're good at math, history, map reading, languages, building etc. They're just not good at the athletic stuff, which has been much of the race this time.
    Agreed. They figured out the lock challenge very quickly. But have had bad luck with planes and all the physical stuff. Oooh! I hope they figure out the clue first.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Closed Thread