Closed Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I would like Ford to put the Chippendales in a commercial for the all new reconfigured Ford Escape with eco boost and kick door. With Mike Rowe. Yep, I would probably watch that commercial all day long. ;-)
    add a big, fluffy dog and I am in
    jucamer likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    If the Beekmans had been a m/f couple and the husband spoke to the wife the way the dark haired one spoke to his partner would it still be only bickering or would it be disrespect?
    I know! I know!!

Although I did find Josh to be very wishy washy. He sort of forgot he was in a race, and gave up more than once( I found that annoying) I dont like people that give up .Also Josh was the one that said the snippy things, when the twins went to the road block, in a sing song voice he said have fun at the road block, others things bugged me - I simply didn't like them as a couple.. I didn't like the other gay couple this season either, the teachers? they had a horrible way of talking to one another.Its over, the beekmans won, have fun, and I hope not to see them on my screen again.Or the twins, who without - this season would have had even less posts..

I had to laugh, a friend of mine said Jaymes, or is it James, was auditioning throughout the race for his own show. LOL hehe- he just might get it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If the Beekmans had been a m/f couple and the husband spoke to the wife the way the dark haired one spoke to his partner would it still be only bickering or would it be disrespect?
    It would be bickering. My husband and I had a short-lived, but very loud, argument (with occasional later flashbacks) about which fork to take in the road while heading into Charlotte this past spring. TAR viewers would have been appalled if they had heard it, and assumed that we had no respect for each other and/or were headed for divorce court. However, we've been together for twenty-seven years and are very happy together. Happier than our friends who never, ever argued, but broke up anyway after fifteen years together.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It would be bickering. My husband and I had a short-lived, but very loud, argument (with occasional later flashbacks) about which fork to take in the road while heading into Charlotte this past spring. TAR viewers would have been appalled if they had heard it, and assumed that we had no respect for each other and/or were headed for divorce court. However, we've been together for twenty-seven years and are very happy together. Happier than our friends who never, ever argued, but broke up anyway after fifteen years together.
    My husband and I argue but we don't speak to each other as if we are stupid or belittle each other. I know marriages are healthy and last and the people do vent loudly at one another. I just think if we look at how Brendan spoke to Rachael and how we reacted to him being a bully if the dark haired guy (Josh?) had been a great big brute of a guy speaking that way people might have thought he was abusive not just snippy. He put his partner down on several occasions which is not acceptable to me.
    Duckyface likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

My husband and I argue but we don't speak to each other as if we are stupid or belittle each other. I know marriages are healthy and last and the people do vent loudly at one another. I just think if we look at how Brendan spoke to Rachael and how we reacted to him being a bully if the dark haired guy (Josh?) had been a great big brute of a guy speaking that way people might have thought he was abusive not just snippy. He put his partner down on several occasions which is not acceptable to me.
    .. He did speak to him like he was stupid, not good in any relationship
    -Andy Rooney-

My one shot at beating what is becoming a dead horse subject. In their thread I placed a link to their final three interview. Josh is the anxious type and when he starts to go overboard, Brent brings him down. If bickering between a seemingly well matched couple of 14 years is what they do, then it works for them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Also Josh was the one that said the snippy things, when the twins went to the road block, in a sing song voice he said have fun at the road block, others things bugged me - I simply didn't like them as a couple.. I didn't like the other gay couple this season either, the teachers? they had a horrible way of talking to one another.Its over, the beekmans won, have fun, and I hope not to see them on my screen again.Or the twins, who without - this season would have had even less posts..
    They were sniping back at the Twinnies because the Twinnies started it. The Beekmans even said that if the Twinnies can dish it out then they should be able to take it too. Fair is fair. I don't judge the Beekman's for talking trash to the very people who talks trash at them.

Twinnies say that they want it more than the Beekmans and that they deserve to make the finals more than the Beekmans. I guess the Beekmans came across to them as a couple who didn't care much about winning the race. I'm sure their defeatist attitude told that to the other teams that's why the Twinnies felt that way about them.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    They were sniping back at the Twinnies because the Twinnies started it. The Beekmans even said that if the Twinnies can dish it out then they should be able to take it too. Fair is fair. I don't judge the Beekman's for talking trash to the very people who talks trash at them.

Twinnies say that they want it more than the Beekmans and that they deserve to make the finals more than the Beekmans. I guess the Beekmans came across to them as a couple who didn't care much about winning the race. I'm sure their defeatist attitude told that to the other teams that's why the Twinnies felt that way about them.
    This was also before the Twinnies had anything to do with them. He was snippy ( imho) from day one. I saw in the link they were all laughing as they watched. reality tv eh?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My husband and I - neither one of us can imagine life without the other our love and respect is that deep and abiding. But honestly, we have the dumbest, silliest arguments -just like The Beekmans-plus, when you are under tons of stress bickering and picking is pretty normal and healthy. The two of them have been together for a long time and I honestly found their occasional spats normal. No name calling. No screaming, just picking. Congrats on your 27 years together, that is wonderful. I once argued with my husband over the color of a cooking pan-it had been a long day of Christmas shopping, little sleep lots of other stressers and all of a sudden we had this huge debate about whether or not a frying pan I decided we needed to go back and buy was the color powder blue or dark blue. Yep. Been there, done that. We usually wind up laughing once the stress levels go down. Viewers would be horrified if we were on the show, if they consider occasional bickering abusive or disrespectful. maybe You and your husband and me and my husband should go on the show together They could nickname us The Bickermans
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Take snippets from any of our lives with our loved ones, never mind in a stressful situation, and you are always going to find moments where we're less than perfect. I didn't care too much for the bickering but that was mostly because (at least in the final show) it seemed so trivial to be arguing about the pizza mistake when you should just buckle down and RAAAAACE. That was my only real problem with the Beekman's this show. They deflated so many times it was just so frustrating to watch. When they were going to actually wait for Abbie and Ryan after they had been u-turned, I was just so irritated with them. Mr. Sweetpea was equally frustrated.

Having said that though, I'm happy to see how thrilled they were to win.

About their exchange with the twins...I thought "Good for you!" when that happened. The purpose was to throw the twins off their game and it worked. It was awesome, and I when watching.
    sclilred1, AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Closed Thread