Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Yes...The Amazing 'Small Town' Race. They need to come here to Maine...I could show them some seriously small towns! Clue #1..."Race to the small town in Maine that was established at the same time as the Jamestown colony, but never survived (hence not making all the history books)."

I really wanted the Chips to win and I think it took me a full 5 minutes to pick my jaw off the floor when it was the Beekmans who busted into Gotham Hall first.

I guess I will just have to be comforted by keeping my eyes peeled for a brand new Ford Escape driving around MY small town as one of the Chippie's mothers works right here in the school system my kids attend. I have no clue who she is, but I read about it in the local paper. Small World...
    CupidGuest likes this.

awwww...so nice to see that "Nice guys DO finish first!" - and "cheaters never prosper" ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    According to the 2010 census, White Rock and Hillsview SD both had a population of three. Let the AR teams even try to find them.

Trivia: Rand McNally left both Dakotas and the panhandle of Oklahoma out of their 1990 atlas and later claimed it was due to a lack of space to include them.
    oooo cool.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    And meet all 3 people!
    Task: Memorize the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the entire town. Watch the racers freak out until they find the town and realize there are only three residents (2/3 of whom probably don't live in town but out in the country somewhere--meeting them all could actually take a little time).

Getting directions in small town/rural areas would be fun too. "Okay, so you turn left three miles after the windmill at the old Bjorkland place..."
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    oooo cool.
    Well, not if you actually got lost in either of the Dakotas and needed to find your way out. Get lost in some places in the Dakotas in the winter and they may not find you until spring. It could get really cool by then.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Hey, we're getting off-topic here! Start a new thread for ideas for a small-town version of Amazing Race. This thread is for tonight's show.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I would like to see AR finale in a small town or a small state ( I nominate New Hampshire as the state ) so that viewers could learn small does not mean boring and uneventful. Im sick of New York City. No offense, but Im tired of New York, California and Texas.
    Texas to my knowledge (as I have not been able to see all the seasons) has never been a final pit stop. But I do agree with you - smaller towns and other states need to be featured, maybe even say Mount Rushmore or other interesting landmarks).

While I was rooting for the Chippendales to win, I'm glad the farmers won. Yes, they almost gave up and yes, were indeed the underdogs and had to fight to get there.

Texas - well, I'm from there but I wasn't too happy with Trey and Lexi overall, and not because of the money incident. I just sometimes felt they were borderline stereotypical of a Texan and it just got annoying.

I was just happy though the twins weren't in the final three.
    JohnnyK likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Me too. But at least the Chippies each won a car and some nice trips. And isn't there some kind of curse associated with being the one who wins the car on reality shows? I did think of that when they won the cars.
    On Survivor it became such a curse people didn't even want it! Anyway, I think they lost the car sponsor so they don't have it on that one anymore.

I have a cousin who is a "goat farmer" (I think she'd say goat rancher, but then she's out in the Northwest--her goats are guarded by llamas to keep them safe from coyotes, cougars, and recently even returning wolves.), so I always thought of her when they ran that under their name. Yay, for their win. I agree, the Chippendales dancers were not nearly so bad as I thought they'd be, and nice of the monster truck guy to say that at the end...'though he needs to just say sexual orientation and drop the life style, it's a choice, stuff. But getting there!
    My cousin makes soap from the milk--did these guys ever say what they raise their goats for?

I admit I was pretty distressed when 2/3 of the racers couldn't identify the UN logo... did they never collect for UNICEF as kids at Hallowe'en? What is US education coming to?...sigh. At least (in NY) they didn't show them having to ask 20 people to find someone who knew what it was.

After the first hour, I was thrilled to see the Twinnies gone.

And after the second hour, I was beyond thrilled to see the Beekmans win. I thought that was great :-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    On Survivor it became such a curse people didn't even want it! Anyway, I think they lost the car sponsor so they don't have it on that one anymore.

I have a cousin who is a "goat farmer" (I think she'd say goat rancher, but then she's out in the Northwest--her goats are guarded by llamas to keep them safe from coyotes, cougars, and recently even returning wolves.), so I always thought of her when they ran that under their name. Yay, for their win. I agree, the Chippendales dancers were not nearly so bad as I thought they'd be, and nice of the monster truck guy to say that at the end...'though he needs to just say sexual orientation and drop the life style, it's a choice, stuff. But getting there!
    My cousin makes soap from the milk--did these guys ever say what they raise their goats for?

I admit I was pretty distressed when 2/3 of the racers couldn't identify the UN logo... did they never collect for UNICEF as kids at Hallowe'en? What is US education coming to?...sigh. At least (in NY) they didn't show them having to ask 20 people to find someone who knew what it was.
    I think sometimes people say "lifestyle choice" because they think it's somehow more polite than "sexual orientation." Of course, it's not a choice any more than heterosexuality is a choice. But hey, at least he's making some progress.

If you google Beekman Boys, you'll find their website, which has an on-line store. They make a bunch of products from their goats' milk, including soap. Cheese too, I think, if I remember correctly. Certainly you can make goats milk cheese, so it would make sense that they'd use it for that too.

Hadn't thought of the UNICEF boxes, but yeah, it's funny that none of them made that connection. I'm not sure why I recognized it, but I certainly knew immediately what it was. I was kind of befuddled by one of the Beekmans making the comment that they'd gone past the UN building for twenty some years, always thought it was beautiful, and was thrilled to finally be inside. Doesn't the UN have some kind of tourists' tour like other governmental sites? You'd think they'd want to educate the public about what they do.

Closed Thread