+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 137
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #71
    He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my TIVO
    Posts
    2,096

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I have a different take... I saw it as, the Chippendales instinct is to help, but when their backs are against the wall they will do what it takes to further themselves in the game.

    When they helped Team Texas it was spur of the moment. They just reacted and told their 'friends' that they had selected the wrong country. With Abbie and Ryan it was different. They had been given a scenario by the other teams, and, when they arrived at the u-turn, they had time to ponder the consequences before they acted.
    I see your point, but when the amputee helped Abbie and Ryan everyone panned her for it. And I see that the same stupid mistake as the Chippendales made. I just want to wrap my hands around their throats and say ONLY ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO WIN A MILLION DOLLARS AND IF YOU WANT IT TO BE YOU THEN YOU CAN'T HELP A STRONG TEAM YOU'RE NECK AND NECK WITH!

    That's also a bit of a problem I have with the whole uturn discussion. The Rockers or Ryan and Abbie would have done the smart thing. They'd have been like hmmmm both of these teams around us have won at least one leg so maybe they're a big threat to us winning. I get the logic of wanting a strong team out, but why not Trey and Lexie who won 2 legs and are both very athletic. And they're neck and neck.

    I also don't think the Chippendales used the uturn to help them and they wouldn't have done it on their own. I think they were (pardon the overused term) bullied into it by their "alliance". If they'd really taken the time to think about it, they'd have realized Trey and Lexie were the immediate threat and it would take a major equalizer for Ryan and Abbie to catch up.

    I'm sad to say that I don't think the Chippendales or the Goat Farmers have the competitive edge to win this thing. That means we will have a winner who will top Flo in the level of disdain people have for them. That would be an awful end to an otherwise good season of the show.
    Babbred likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes. I felt badly for them for about a half second if less, until I remembered that just minutes ago they were willing to u-turn their close buddies in order to further their chances of winning 2 million dollars. Either you understand it's part of the game or you take it personally. You don't get to choose one when it happens to you and then the other when you're doing it to someone else.

    I also hated their "Whatever. I'm done. I give up." demeanor, although I can understand how it would come over them given the troubles with airports and connections. I am willing to bet they wouldn't fly to or through Frankfurt if you paid them a large amount of money to do so.

    The twins were very fortunate they could make their 1 hour connection, allowing them to get into Amsterdam early enough to get the fast forward.

    I really wish the Chips hadn't set Trey and Lexie straight on the flag. If T&L had actually boarded a plane and flown to Paris I would have

    I don't think A&R will hold a grudge against the chips, especially not after viewing the show and seeing how conflicted they were. To do so would be really petty, IMO. I am really, really, REALLY hoping we are seeing a winning edit with the Chips. Is this the first time we've heard that Jaymes (James?) has a parent with cancer?
    I agree. I have been rooting for the Chips since the beginning of the race and if you were to look back to one of my beginning posts, you would see that I not only liked them because I thought they were nice and nothing like I expected them to be, but also liked the reason that they were racing. It was mentioned at the very beginning that Jaymes or James's (I still get them mixed up) father had been diagnosed with cancer. It is the one that has the blond hair.

    I saw the way that he struggled before agreeing to do the u-turn because he felt he was losing a friend and yet I couldn't help, but wonder why did Phil say something about them doing that, and yet had said nothing to Texas or the twins when their incident happened? The whole idea of the u-turn was brought up by the twins and Texas and I couldn't help, but notice how Texas laughed about it when they realized that Jaymes and James had indeed used it.

    I am still rooting for them and feel they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They have run a clean race and while I think what the farmers did was very kind, they still decided just like Jaymes and James to not give up on themselves and continue to the end. Right now they are thinking badly of Jaymes and James, just as A&R are. Like you, I am hoping that none of them hold a grudge against the Chips if they do indeed win, which I am really hoping for. Fingers crossed.
    sweetpea likes this.

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,904

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I see your point, but when the amputee helped Abbie and Ryan everyone panned her for it. And I see that the same stupid mistake as the Chippendales made. I just want to wrap my hands around their throats and say ONLY ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO WIN A MILLION DOLLARS AND IF YOU WANT IT TO BE YOU THEN YOU CAN'T HELP A STRONG TEAM YOU'RE NECK AND NECK WITH!

    Amen.

    That's also a bit of a problem I have with the whole uturn discussion. The Rockers or Ryan and Abbie would have done the smart thing. They'd have been like hmmmm both of these teams around us have won at least one leg so maybe they're a big threat to us winning. I get the logic of wanting a strong team out, but why not Trey and Lexie who won 2 legs and are both very athletic. And they're neck and neck.
    See below.


    I also don't think the Chippendales used the uturn to help them and they wouldn't have done it on their own. I think they were (pardon the overused term) bullied into it by their "alliance". If they'd really taken the time to think about it, they'd have realized Trey and Lexie were the immediate threat and it would take a major equalizer for Ryan and Abbie to catch up.

    Now that the Rockers are gone, Chips are my favorite team. However, the whole time they hemmed and hawed at the U-Turn, part of me wanted to beat them again. You are spot on that the only reason they even contemplated using it was because of that stupid pact the Twins browbeat them into agreeing to. Remember last week after the previews, lots of people (including me) were saying "Oh, I bet Chips won't use it. They're too nice." Exactly.

    Speaking of which, the British have a term, "dodgy". It's for things that may be legally correct (or in this case, not against the rules of the race). However, they are morally dubious. Yeah, Texas using a fake U-Turn may technically be within the rules. However, I still call it dodgy because of their attitude. "Whoo hoo! We screwed A & R! Ha ha." If they hadn't of participated in that disgusting money fiasco, maybe I would cut them some slack. But for me that incident just added to my disgust for them.



    I'm sad to say that I don't think the Chippendales or the Goat Farmers have the competitive edge to win this thing. That means we will have a winner who will top Flo in the level of disdain people have for them. That would be an awful end to an otherwise good season of the show.

    You're only saying what I've been thining for a while. The only teams who had a realistic shot of winning were A & R, Twins, and Texas. As soon as Chips or the Farmers get eliminated, I will probably stop watching. I will NOT watch a team I loathe gloat while they win money that I don't think they deserve.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  4. #74
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yeah, Texas using a fake U-Turn may technically be within the rules. However, I still call it dodgy because of their attitude. "Whoo hoo! We screwed A & R! Ha ha." If they hadn't of participated in that disgusting money fiasco, maybe I would cut them some slack. But for me that incident just added to my disgust for them.
    We were pretty disgusted with that as well. Deliberately u-turning a team who you KNOW has already passed that point is all a big screw you to the team u-turned. They have no chance to even the playing field, which I assume is the point of a double u-turn. I didn't like how they laughed about it, but then again they thought it was mighty funny to be splitting the rocker's misplaced money as well.

    I really like the Chips, especially the blonde one. His attitude while racing has been so great, he's enjoyed every single moment it seems. He's racing exactly how I would like to race, if I ever could. I want them to win so badly, because I don't think the goat farmers have a prayer. I find Twinnies and Texas annoying more than hate them, although I hated money-gate a lot. I guess if I had my choice I would say Chips for the win, followed by the goat farmers (fat chance), then the twins (don't like them but they definitely are strong racers) and then Texas (she's so annoying it's unbelievable!).
    GabbyG, jucamer and sparklete like this.

  5. #75
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Okay, too lazy to go back and quote....regarding the Chips deciding to u-turn A&R even though they were so stinking far behind, am I wrong in thinking the teams really don't know how far behind other teams are unless they've actually seen them during the challenge? For some reason I was thinking this was the case. That being said, I really do think they should have chosen Texas just because they did know that they were close.

  6. #76
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,235

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Is this the first time we've heard that Jaymes (James?) has a parent with cancer?
    I think it is, yes. My first thought was, every family seems to be touched with this beastly disease. What I do like, is that he sent them a postcard to say he was coming back with the money.He has put it out there, that's really really positive!!
    holly71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddd View Post
    Seriously!! I wanted to shove the Beekmans onto the mat my damned self (by their necks)! I'm a gay guy who likes a challenge... I'm not so sure Josh and Brent are.

    Seriously, in the Netherlands, but NO STROOPWAFELS????
    OMG - I know right!?! Stroopwafels are the bomb! When I was in Amsterdam they had carts selling them nice and hot and soft. I ate way more than I should have lol.

    Love the Chippies! They really need to start racing now though and start thinking a little more strategically. Still can't stand the "Twinnies". I kept hoping they'd barf up those herrings and have to start all over again. That seemed like a pretty easy fast forward task. I was kind of sad to see A/R go actually. The Beekman boys just don't seem in it anymore. Kind of like the Rockers. If they are still racing they are ok with it, and if they had gotten eliminated I think they would have been ok with that too.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,506

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    We can gripe about the uturn being used on A&R, but they flat out said they were going to uturn the farmers. Someone said upthread you can not have it both ways. They have all been running a good race and each has had their own share of problems. The last few legs were A & R's problem. There was no way they could have won last night unless they urturned the farmers.
    Like others, I would like to see TAR have a reunion show, it would not have to last more than an hour, but sure would clear up some things.
    wannasee and jucamer like this.
    There's no place like home!

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    OMG - I know right!?! Stroopwafels are the bomb! When I was in Amsterdam they had carts selling them nice and hot and soft. I ate way more than I should have lol.

    Love the Chippies! They really need to start racing now though and start thinking a little more strategically. Still can't stand the "Twinnies". I kept hoping they'd barf up those herrings and have to start all over again. That seemed like a pretty easy fast forward task. I was kind of sad to see A/R go actually. The Beekman boys just don't seem in it anymore. Kind of like the Rockers. If they are still racing they are ok with it, and if they had gotten eliminated I think they would have been ok with that too.
    Six or seven RAW fish in I think onion or sauerkraut in seven minutes isn't easy (please note, I've never had this so I do not know what they're coated). It's like the Ferris wheel challenge last year where you had to complete a huge dinner in 12 minutes to me.

    But I wish that the one hadn't completed it and then the Chippies would've had a chance to do it, and probably would've beaten the twins because it'd been six/seven for them while they would've consumed 12/16 a piece.

    As far as Abbie and Ryan's elimination - honestly, I'm NOT upset with it. While I do feel for them on the layovers and the dysfunctional plane, their little hissy fit on being U-Turned by the Chippies was over the top and unfair.

    Not only is this a GAME and there is money involved - they should've been madder at Team Longhorns (Texas) for INTENTIONALLY choosing the Chippies to take out the ability to U-Turn a second team. I mean - come ON it was CLEARLY not a blind U-ey and they could SEE that the other team intentionally chose a team ahead of them.

    I have more respect for the Chippendales knowing that it would cost a friendship in this race but it was a game and played smart, not emotionally.

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Okay, too lazy to go back and quote....regarding the Chips deciding to u-turn A&R even though they were so stinking far behind, am I wrong in thinking the teams really don't know how far behind other teams are unless they've actually seen them during the challenge? For some reason I was thinking this was the case. That being said, I really do think they should have chosen Texas just because they did know that they were close.
    If I could remember how to take all the different parts out of what so many of you have said, and which I totally agree with I would. I thought the same thing you did about whether or not they knew where the other teams were with the exception of the ones they had actually seen, which would have been the twins and Texas. My guess is that they didn't know.

    I think we all agree that the Chips should have u-turned Texas. There is no way these two guys would have done that. Look at how much they struggled with u-turning A/R - a team that was not part of that so called alliance and yet they considered them their friends. I really believe these are just two great guys and have felt that way since the beginning. I know we are all familiar with the saying "nice guys finish last", but this is one time that I would love to see the opposite come true.

    While they struggled with u-turning A/R, the blond one whose dad has cancer did say what they were racing for, and that was their families. I think they do know that from now on they have to be on their own. I have said from the beginning that they were saving the best for last, and I hope more than ever, that is what we get to see.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.