+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 11/11- TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/11- TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Who are the Beekman boys and what task didn't they finnish? Note to self: pay closer attention and stop shopping online during a show; you have plenty of shoes already.
    NCLurker and elleprn like this.

FORT Regular

In defence of Brent (whom I believed was the one having trouble with the task instead of Josh), they have found themselves in a situation that they could not have forseen -- being stuck with only one option at the Detour. They did want to do the library task instead of this one. And I'm guessing that if they were required to do a swimming task at a RB, Josh would be the one doing it.

And even though I swim well enough, the synchronised part of it would have killed me as I'm notorious with coordinated movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    In defence of Brent (whom I believed was the one having trouble with the task instead of Josh), they have found themselves in a situation that they could not have forseen -- being stuck with only one option at the Detour. They did want to do the library task instead of this one. And I'm guessing that if they were required to do a swimming task at a RB, Josh would be the one doing it.

And even though I swim well enough, the synchronised part of it would have killed me as I'm notorious with coordinated movements.
    It would have me as well. I am a good swimmer, but I did try a few things under water, and I felt so claustrophobic - which I think Brent felt as well
    Duff likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Chips continue to put a smile on me every week. They are having so much fun, generally appreciative of all the help received from the locals, never rude, gets on well with other teams and being genuinely grateful at the pit stop regardless of their position.

James did seem to have some injury issues in the preview for next week though. I hope it's nothing serious as I would like them to make it at least to F3.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Who are the Beekman boys and what task didn't they finnish? Note to self: pay closer attention and stop shopping online during a show; you have plenty of shoes already.
    The goat farmers. We don't know for certain they didn't finish the synchronized swimming task but the one was struggling quite a bit when the show finished. I think I would have picked the library task as I'm not sure I could do a flip in the water (having never tried). It always seems with the dance-type tasks that, if a team does it enough, the judge eventually decides good enough and let's them go on, even if they are not doing it 100 % correctly.

I don't get why Ryan and Abbie and the goat farmers decided to race together. If it is a question of doing the tasks together and then leaving it to a sprint at the mat, I would think the goat farmers would be opposed as they would likely be left in Abby and Ryan's dust.

If the cabbie doesn't somehow return with the rockers' stuff they are toast - it wold take far too long to get replacement documents.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'd probably have chosen the library since I know the Cyrillic alphabet, but I've always wanted to try synchronized swimming, which is extremely difficult.

Ryan/Abi may acted in ways I didn't like very much, but as far as I've seen, they've never stolen other people's property nor cheated in any way. Given the chance to spend time in their company vs the twins, I'd choose Abi/Ryan without thinking twice. Each week I like those twins less and less. How many times have they made an issue of their skin color?
    holly71 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I do not have a lot of sympathy for them, given the lost money incident. My passport has never left my body on trips out of the country unless the hotel has a safe.
    They were one of my favorites but that has changed this episode because they seem to be racing carelessly which doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    They were one of my favorites but that has changed this episode because they seem to be racing carelessly which doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Isn't their dad dying? They got that information while racing. I have empathy for them because having dealt with a dying parent who had bone cancer, I can understand why it is affecting their concentration. Plus, one of them is hurt. I think it was impressive they got through the swim routine considering a bum leg. I have only empathy for them.
    holly71, march, justCoz and 1 others like this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

This is a bit abrupt question, but which racers are you guys rooting for? Who would you consider likable and unlikable? I haven't been able to catch up with any of the episodes, (youtube doesn't provide TAR anymore ) I can't even watch the show, since my dance class conflicts with it, ._., but yeah, which racers are you guys hoping to win?

Yesterday was probably the only time I got to watch a full episode, so far, I really like rockers, and james(?) and jaymes(?) ---> I know one team has the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Do we know for sure that the goat famers and R/A intended to land on the mat at the same time? The deal could be that they'd do the tasks together and then let who went home be decided by the race to the mat. I really can't believe that they'd be assuming that if they arrived on the mat simultaneously that they'd both be saved. I'm still impressed that it was Ryan, who's been so competitive, who wanted to stay and offer the farmers encouragement when they were having so much trouble with the task. He could have just insisted on taking off at that point, and I don't think even the farmers would have been that upset, given the fact that one of them was having trouble literally keeping his head above water.

As for bad--well, maybe not bad but questionable--decisions being made this leg, I think there were a number of them. If J/A hadn't given up on the first task so quickly, the cab issue wouldn't have even come up. If R/A and the goat farmers had thought about the tightness of the connection, they'd not have missed their second flight (to be fair, the farmers did consider it, but they let a coin toss decide, which wasn't the smartest mood they could have made). Heck, if finishing better than third was that important to the twinnies, they shouldn't have listened to the Chippies and used the Express Pass anyway. Listening to other competitors on the race is, IMO, always somewhat questionable, because even if you've gotten along with them, they're still your competitors. Besides, aren't you always going to feel better if you base your decisions on what you thought, no matter how they turn out, as opposed to listening to the advice of others? If I were potentially going to lose a leg--and all of them, save the winners, are eventually going to lose a leg--I'd rather it be because of something I chose to do than something I allowed myself to be talked into choosing. Oh, yeah, and the dismissive attitude the twinnies and Team Texas have taken toward all the other teams--when they were alone at the airport, one of the twins, I can't remember which one, made some comment about how it was nice that it was just the four of them and they didn't have to deal with the rest of the racers, whom she referred to disparagingly--could come back to bite them too. They need to remember that at some point, they may need some help too, so it might be a good idea to keep the snottiness to a minimum. They don't have to help the other teams, but they don't have to behave rudely towards them either.

One other thing--didn't Natalia use the wrong key or something at the lock task and not realize it for a while? It didn't hurt them much, but it still wasn't all that smart.

Let me give you a hug.

I used to work for a major airline in a major international airport. Folks, when you run up to the gate begging/demanding to be let on a flight, please believe me when I say that we are not rejecting you because we are mean and cruel. The simple fact is we can't. The flight has to be closed well before departure, because the captain has to do weight calculations to make sure the plan is safe for take-off. To do that, he has to get a piece of paper from the lead ramp agent certifying the weight of the bags loaded (number of bags x average weight). The captain also has to get a final tally of passengers. If the captain is in the middle of his paperwork, or worse, finished it, he will NOT be a happy camper to hear a gate agent trying to intercede for a passenger. And ultimately, the captain has the final say-so. If he says no, then there's literally nothing we can do about it.

All this means that you should never, ever book two flights with only an hour between. Ever. Period. Remember, they start boarding half an hour before departure for domestic, and at least 45 minutes early with international flights. Although I don't work for the industry anymore, hubby and I still fly to Europe every couple of years to visit his family. When we book our flights, we always make sure to put a 2-hour minimum between them. If we can, we make it 3 or 4 hours. You nailed, Tilden. Take it from somebody who's missed several flights and had to sleep in an airport twice. It may suck having to kill time in an airport, but it sucks a whole lot more to miss your flight and not get on another one for a long time.

I love the Chippies, but sometimes they're too nice for their own good. If it had been me, I would have encouraged the Twins to waste their EP on this challenge, so they could possibly suffer in a more grueling one down the line.

And synchronized swimming is very difficult. You have to perform those intricate routines in 10 feet of water, never touching the ground the entire time. And the Russians have dominated this sport for years, so they're very good.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread