Poll: Were the twins wrong in keeping the money?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Hmmm I have a feeling if it wasn't the twins it would not be seen as stealing. It would be looked at with clear eyes.
    What are you implying with this statement? It makes no sense! Particularly in light of the fact that most of the people who are damning the Twisted Sisters are also damning Team Texas. I fail to see what these two teams have in common that may lead one to judge them on a criteria other than the actions we saw broadcast during the show.

As to my vision, my eyes are perfectly clear, and what I see is a lack of morals.

Simply put. Amazing Race had no issues with it so its not an issue with me either way. Much ado about nothing IMO. Someone dropped money and someone else picked it up. Teachers the dropper to be more careful.
    Exactly! The Amazing Race had no objection because it had nothing to do with gameplay. It was purely a decision to take money from two individuals for personal gain.

Iíve asked a couple of times for evidence of this supposed gameplay. Iíve seen nothing in the actual events that were broadcast that even hint to a game plan. I would be thrilled if someone would offer something other than a conclusion that would enlighten me.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 11-15-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    holly71 and AZChristian like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    What are you implying with this statement? It makes no sense! Particularly in light of the fact that most of the people who are damning the Twisted Sisters are also damning Team Texas. I fail to see what these two teams have in common that may lead one to judge them on a criteria other than the actions we saw broadcast during the show.

As to my vision, my eyes are perfectly clear, and what I see is a lack of morals.

Exactly! The Amazing Race had no objection because it had nothing to do with gameplay. It was purely a decision to take money from two individuals for personal gain.

Iíve asked a couple of times for evidence of this supposed gameplay. Iíve seen nothing in the actual events that were broadcast that even hint to a game plan. I would be thrilled if someone would offer something other than a conclusion that would enlighten me.

The network made no mention because it didn't matter period. Everyone's morals are different and again I guess the network doesn't see themselves as the police of morals. The basic fact is the girls found some money and they kept it. Some people may have kept it and some may not have kept the money. the twins did, it did not violate any game rules.

Lol I love all the discussion about morals. Who exactly is the determiner of whose morals are the correct ones? Everyone is different and depending on the situation everyone will react differently and more than likely not react how they think they will. It's easy to say what you will and will not do until the situation arises.

Morals the word most overused in America. A word used to shun those we can not tolerate.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The network made no mention because it didn't matter period. Everyone's morals are different and again I guess the network doesn't see themselves as the police of morals. The basic fact is the girls found some money and they kept it. Some people may have kept it and some may not have kept the money. the twins did, it did not violate any game rules.

Lol I love all the discussion about morals. Who exactly is the determiner of whose morals are the correct ones? Everyone is different and depending on the situation everyone will react differently and more than likely not react how they think they will. It's easy to say what you will and will not do until the situation arises.

Morals the word most overused in America. A word used to shun those we can not tolerate.
    I am not comfortable stating 'absolute' positions about what 'everyone' thinks regarding moral code. I've only expressed mine here. And that, after all, is the point of a message board.

I'm just trying to understand the point of those who claim that the action was justified because it was gameplay. So far no one has elucidated the grounds for that theory. Admittedly, it isn't anyone's obligation to explain themselves, but it would be greatly appreciated if they did.

Now, there is the claim that the moral judgement is only made because of something other than the twin's actions regarding the money. I wonder what could be the cause for such speculation.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I never said it was gameplay. I simply said I have no issues with it,period. If the money was so important to the game and winning a million bucks you would think the team would have kept it firmly in Their grasp so not to lose it. I guess in that instance it was stupid game play on the side of the team that mishandled their money and good looking out for the finders since they have now more money to get them further in the game.

I guess those that watch say survivor & BB and enjoy the underhanded lying and backstabbingforget morals when those shows are on. I lose count of how people praise the gameplay on those shows. People lie about the death of families and smile in people's faces while stabbing them in the back. Rave reviews and kudos to the most conning and conniving.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

As I see it-

Every culture that I know of looks at stealing as wrong.

Stealing is generally looked upon as taking something that you know is not yours.

The twins knew the money was not theirs. Moreover, they knew it was the Rockers. To not alert the Rockers as to where the money was was wrong. To take it for their own gain was just completely wrong on every level. Just because the Rockers should have kept better track of their money doesnt mean the twins were right to keep it, especially when they knew who it belonged to.

This isn't a situational thing for me, this isn't a case of a team I like or don't like. I don't care if stealing could gain the twins a million dollars, that doesn't make it okay. I don't care if you call it gameplay or not, even if they admitted it was to help their game out, it wouldn't be right for me. One of the reasons I LIKE AR so much is because it has more rules than other games, that it follows more laws and moral codes than other reality shows. I was incredibly disappointed they didn't penalize those teams for what I would term STEALING.

I guess we couldn't expect anything else from a team that admitted they impersonated each other to take tests in school-they're used to cheating and lying for their own gain. I was disappointed in Texas, who I really liked before that episode
    AZChristian likes this.

Yes it was stealing and we all pretty much agree that it's wrong. Did they violate any game rules? No. Did they do it to gain an advantage. Yes. Whether it's right or wrong, it has no relevance to the game.

They did not just find the money, they knew to whom it belonged and they kept it. If that's okay, then I guess it's okay if I accidentally drop my keys and someone picks them up and uses them to enter my home. Or, if my wallet falls out of my hands or bag in a taxicab and the cabdriver sees it and just keeps it. These kinds of things do happen and that's not the kind of world I want to live in.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm ready to bury this poor ol' horse. The maggots are now hatching into flies and he isn't going to tell us anything more.

What say we place flowers on his grave and bid him farewell.
    pikachu and JohnnyK like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, even the glue factory doesn't want the old fellow now. Time to find a new dead horse to flog.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I agree. It wasn't that big a deal and I don't think it had or will have a lasting impact on the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast