Poll: Were the twins wrong in keeping the money?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

Re: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

^ What Arielflies said.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm curious. What did you see during the broadcast that led you to believe that either team took the money with the intent to affect the game?

My point, and the point of most others who have been offended by what the two teams did, is it was a breach of moral code, not gameplay. From a personal standpoint, if I had seen the two teams give even a hint that they were taking the money as a conscious effort to affect the outcome of the game I would have no problem with their decision. However, the reality is, their actions were those of a thief, not a contestant on a game show.
    They kept the money to gain an advantage. And I'm curious what you didn't see or heard during the broadcast to lead you to believe otherwise. I don't even like the twins but I think they are playing within the limits of the game fair and square or they would have been disqualified. If the question was "Were the twins MORALLY wrong in keeping the money?" then I would answer yes. But the question was too general. It may be wrong to you but not in a strategic standpoint.

It's like giving a team the wrong direction to find the clue or if a team leaves the other team to make it to the pitstop even though they made an agreement to stick together and let the other team finish before they leave. In both cases, it's wrong but it's part of the game and it's legal.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-12-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    They kept the money to get an advantage. And I'm curious what you didn't see or heard during the broadcast to lead you to believe otherwise. I don't even like the team but I think they are playing the within the limits of the game fair and square.
    What I didn't hear was, "Don't give the money back! It will slow them down!" or, "Yes! I know it's their money, but if we keep it it will give us an advantage." or, "Yes! Give me half the money because it will give me an advantage in the game." or anything remotely like that. What I did heard was... "Okay, somebody dropped their money.", and "I just snatched Nadiya's hand, I push it down, and I'm like 'Shut the Hell up'!", and "Did you guys pick up their money? You better go give it back to them!", and Nadiya asking "What are we going to do with the money?", to which Natalie replies, "Shut up! We'll talk about it later.".

Later, at the station, we hear them say... "Come on, let's split this money. I feel guilty. So half the guilts on you.", and "We decided we're going to split the money. That way the guilt can be split up half and half, and they're Christians so they'll pray for us.". And let's not forget them admitting they knew exactly who the money belonged to... "Whose do you think it is, though? It has to be the Rockers. Really?"

As it was happening, those were the things I didn't hear and the things I did hear. Still, I remain curious as to what you did hear that led you to your conclusion.
    sclilred1 and AZChristian like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

DH keeps insisting that we don't know for sure if Team Texas went along with it because we never saw them agree. Of course, we no longer have it on the DVR,so can someone, anyone,please review the tape & tell me? Because I'm remembering them going along with it! Which is a bummer, because as a Texas chick, I was rooting for them & the rockers from the get go. (rockers 1 & Texas 2). Chippendales won me over early on, so I have to scoot them up to #2 over Texas, regardless. The Chippies have displayed a great attitude & Jaymes(? ~ the southern one) is hilarious! Love him. Even if DH is correct & we don't see Trey go with it, we still don't know for sure if he gave in, since Lexi was willing to go along with the twins & they definitely did not show them NOT going along with it. Inconclusive edititing at best. But I'm hoping he talked some sense to her & got her to see that it's wrong. After all, they have won the past two legs, & if they took the money, well, I would be disappointed in karma at this point!
    And the Twinnies didn't bother me until that epi, I had even defended them in a thread, but now I am OUT on them!
    Last edited by holly71; 11-14-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

It really doesn't matter if he has the money in his pocket, blessed the action, or cursed it. Bottom line is that if he did not go along with it, he should have told Team Metal where the money was. Otherwise, it is "guilt by association".
    sclilred1 and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    It really doesn't matter if he has the money in his pocket, blessed the action, or cursed it. Bottom line is that if he did not go along with it, he should have told Team Metal where the money was. Otherwise, it is "guilt by association".
    Excellent point! Makes my descision easier! Team Texas & Team Twinnie, y'all suck!!

Go Team Hair & Team Chippies! (although it ain't lookin' good for Hair )
    Last edited by holly71; 11-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    sclilred1, scoot13 and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    The Twisted Sisters made a point of saying that Team Texas were Christians. As such they should be familiar with James 4:17 - "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

I was appalled by the Twins action, but just as much so by Team Texas, if they are professing Christians and did not do the right thing.
    scoot13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The Twisted Sisters made a point of saying that Team Texas were Christians. As such they should be familiar with James 4:17 - "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

I was appalled by the Twins action, but just as much so by Team Texas, if they are professing Christians and did not do the right thing.
    Just because someone claims to be a Christian, it doesn't mean they're perfect. However, someone professing to be a Christian should definitely know better than to take something they know isn't theirs, or to cover up for someone's blatant wrongdoing.

Plus, aren't the Twinnies allegedly Christians too? They (or at least one of them) wears a cross.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Just because someone claims to be a Christian, it doesn't mean they're perfect. However, someone professing to be a Christian should definitely know better than to take something they know isn't theirs, or to cover up for someone's blatant wrongdoing.

Plus, aren't the Twinnies allegedly Christians too? They (or at least one of them) wears a cross.
    Boy, I know that to be true. I'm one of them!

I didn't get the feeling the Twins profess to be Christians. One of them even said (about the theft and involving the other team), "They're Christians. They'll pray for us." As far as wearing the cross . . . just because I'm in a garage, doesn't make me a car.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Boy, I know that to be true. I'm one of them!

I didn't get the feeling the Twins profess to be Christians. One of them even said (about the theft and involving the other team), "They're Christians. They'll pray for us." As far as wearing the cross . . . just because I'm in a garage, doesn't make me a car.
    HAHA! I use that expression all the time!
    I wonder why the one wears a cross. What other religion would wear one?

Also, I don't mean to imply that anyone who isn't a Christian is dishonest, just want to be clear on that! As we can see, religious affiliation has nothing to do with honesty, clearly.
    AZChristian likes this.

Hmmm I have a feeling if it wasn't the twins it would not be seen as stealing. It would be looked at with clear eyes.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast