+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

I missed the first twenty or so minutes of TAR last night, but having read what happened....I didn't like the Twins (or at least Natalie's) annoyingly loud behavior before, but what they did last night was despicable. They clearly knew whose money it was, they knew it was wrong--in terms of their own personal ethics--to take it, and they not only did that but convinced another team that initially wanted to do the right thing to dump their morals too (and I'm not excusing Trey and Lexy; they shouldn't have given in just because the twinnies offered to share their ill-gotten gains). I don't care if it's against the rules of the game or not. It's just a crappy thing to do to another team. If you're really a competitive team, you don't have to resort to "game play" to win. And on top of that, it was stupid "game play" at that. What if Trey's conscience gets the best of him and he confesses to Team Hair? You think the story won't get around to the rest of the teams? What if someone overhears the twinnies, who can't seem to shut up about anything else, gloating and spills the beans? Again, if everyone else hears, they're going to be considered team non grata by everyone else--they'll have lost everyone's trust. They don't seem to think long term about whether their behavior in general, and this incident in particular, is going to make the other teams that much more likely to avoid helping them if they need it in the future or perhaps work together to get rid of them. Other teams worked together to get rid of The Cowboys, just because they were competition. If N/N are viewed as competitive and annoying/mean-spirited besides, what makes them think the same thing might not happen to them? If another team decides to misdirect them etc. in the future, they're only going to have themselves to blame, because they made a choice to declare that it's okay to play the game as if anything other than what's directly stated in the rules was fine. On the other hand, if the twinnies had pointed out the problem to Team Hair, the other teams might also have heard about that and felt less annoyed by their loudness etc. in the future--and Team Hair would definitely have felt as if they owed them one, which might have been useful to them further down the road.

Incidentally, I would feel exactly the same way if Team Hair had treated the twinnies the same way. I would be horribly disappointed in them and would no longer want them to win. Speaking of which, I assume the rest of the teams may know by now that one of the members of Team Hair's father is terminally ill and that he got the bad news at the beginning of the previous leg. To me, that makes what N/N and L/T did extra-slimy. It's really easy, under normal circumstances, to be at less than your best in terms of keeping track of things when you've had news like that. And I don't agree that you only lose things you don't care enough about to keep track of, because people lose things all the time that they care deeply about due to a moment's oversight or circumstances beyond their control.

FORT Fogey

I just looked at the TAR facebook page. People are really upset about what happened last night in that neither of the teams that split the money they knew belonged to another team were punished for it. I mean talking about tuning out angry. One poster suggested that T/L and N/N be penalized by having to start the next leg with zero money. I'd love to see their faces if they opened their envelopes with their next set of directions and found a note that said, "You are being given ZERO dollars for this leg of the race, as your cash is being added to Team Hair's funds instead. Karma's a bitch, huh?"

And on a completely unrelated note, I loved those tanks they were serving the sherbet out of last night, especially the spigots. Maybe they're not terribly practical, but they're beautiful.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Which would mean that the producers have earned better karma than the twins.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I am surprised that the teams that found James and Abba's money and didn't return it weren't penalized by the show. I remember a previous season where a team was penalized for hiding tools needed by another team and this is kind of the same thing. They knew who the money belonged to and purposefully sabotaged them by keeping it. If they didn't want to return the guys' money, they could have at least kept it where it was. Maybe the guys would have found it when they went searching for it, maybe another person would have picked it up, but at least the other teams wouldn't have been keeping it from them.

James and Jaymes keep making stupid decisions, which makes me glad I decided not to add them to my pool team. They know very few people in Turkey spoke English but instead of calling "sherbet" at the place where they had to sell it, the one selling it was asking people if they wanted a drink and trying to talk to them in English. He could have sold more drinks faster if he had kept it simple. I was wondering if getting off the train and taking a taxi was going to end up biting them on the butt but apparently it worked out for them.

I would have had a hard time with both of the challenges! Carrying all that stuff on your head and trying to deliver to three different locations when almost no one speaks your language doesn't sound like any fun. Then again, I'm not a touchy-feely person so the idea of a total stranger rubbing me down gives me the willies.

James and Abba apparently need to keep more aware of their stuff. From the previews of next week, it sounds like they lose not just their money but their bags! I take it these guys normally don't travel with luggage and just buy what they need at each place they go to or they have a roadie who arranges for the transport of all their stuff.

I thought the speed bump was way too easy and could be finished way too quickly. Leave it to Josh and Brent to mess up even that simple task by going to other wrong place and having to do it again!

I made a mental note not to have try a Turkish ice cream place. That would annoy me to have the vendor waving the cone in front of me and making me have to try to grab it from them. I'd want to smack him in the face and tell him to cut out that nonsense and give me my darn cone!
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-05-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I made a mental note not to have try a Turkish ice cream place. That would annoy me to have the vendor waving the cone in front of me and making me have to try to grab it from them. I'd want to smack him in the face and tell him to cut out that nonsense and give me my darn cone!
    In our house we felt exactly opposite! We will be in Istanbul next summer while on our cruise, and my kids both said they would love to get an ice cream. They thought it would be a blast . It's definitely on our to-do list, as is visiting the Grand Bazaar. Not so sure about the baths though.
    Shoepie, Rattus, GabbyG and 1 others like this.

find (fnd)
    v. found (found), find·ing, finds
    v.tr.
    1. To come upon, often by accident; meet with.
    2. To come upon or discover by searching or making an effort: found the leak in the pipe.
    3. To discover or ascertain through observation, experience, or study: found a solution; find the product of two numbers; found that it didn't really matter.
    a. To perceive to be, after experience or consideration: found the gadget surprisingly useful; found the book entertaining.
    b. To experience or feel: found comfort in her smile.
    5. To recover (something lost): found her keys.
    6. To recover the use of; regain: found my voice and replied.
    7. To succeed in reaching; arrive at: The dart found its mark.
    8. To obtain or acquire by effort: found the money by economizing.
    9. To decide on and make a declaration about: The jury deliberated and found a verdict of guilty. All the jurors found him guilty.
    10. To furnish; supply.
    a. To bring (oneself) to an awareness of what one truly wishes to be and do in life.
    b. To perceive (oneself) to be in a specific place or condition: found herself at home that night; found himself drawn to the stranger.
    v.intr.
    To come to a legal decision or verdict: The jury found for the defendant.
    n.
    1. The act of finding.
    2. Something that is found, especially an unexpectedly valuable discovery: The Rosetta stone was a providential archaeological find.
    Phrasal Verb:
    find out
    1. To ascertain (something), as through examination or inquiry: I found out the phone number by looking it up. If you're not sure, find out.
    2. To detect the true nature or character of; expose: Liars risk being found out.
    3. To detect and apprehend; catch: Most embezzlers are found out in the end.
    [Middle English finden, from Old English findan; see pent- in Indo-European roots.]
    finda·ble adj.

The girls found money they did not reach into the pockets of these guys and take it from them. Its kind of hard to steal something from someone who left their belongings out for someone to find.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I have a hunch they get their stuff back. The taxi driver may have moved his car or realized and returned. Hopefully they have their money in a pocket since they paid the driver. Amazing after losing their money last night this happens. Spacy men!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have a hunch they get their stuff back. The taxi driver may have moved his car or realized and returned. Hopefully they have their money in a pocket since they paid the driver. Amazing after losing their money last night this happens. Spacy men!
    They always seem out of it to me.

The girls found money they did not reach into the pockets of these guys and take it from them. Its kind of hard to steal something from someone who left their belongings out for someone to find.
    One of them did hold the money up, and ask who lost money.But the other pulled her hand down and told her to be quiet. I think as Shoepie said, production had a little to do with all this. Phil always knows what goes on, and he said nothing - nothing at all
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They always seem out of it to me.

One of them did hold the money up, and ask who lost money.But the other pulled her hand down and told her to be quiet. I think as Shoepie said, production had a little to do with all this. Phil always knows what goes on, and he said nothing - nothing at all
    He did make some comment about no more miss nice guy or something? I don't know if that was sarcastic. I know they didn't steal it but finders keepers is not my way of living. When my son was 10 he found 3 twenties on the street. We turned it into the police who kept it for 60 days, phoned him to come pick it up and gave him a really nice letter from the chief of police. I let him keep half the money and he went and bought food for the food bank with the other half. I always figure that could be someone's grocery money or gas money to get to work and how would you feel if it was you. I know a million dollar game causes different motivation but it sure makes people act like jerks.
    holly71, Hyper, GabbyG and 4 others like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    He did make some comment about no more miss nice guy or something? I don't know if that was sarcastic. I know they didn't steal it but finders keepers is not my way of living. When my son was 10 he found 3 twenties on the street. We turned it into the police who kept it for 60 days, phoned him to come pick it up and gave him a really nice letter from the chief of police. I let him keep half the money and he went and bought food for the food bank with the other half. I always figure that could be someone's grocery money or gas money to get to work and how would you feel if it was you. I know a million dollar game causes different motivation but it sure makes people act like jerks.
    Yes, that comment made no sense to me . I would have called them out. I get mad when someone steals a cab, but maybe I dont know the rules .I took a look at Facebook, and people are upset at the twins, but more upset at CBS .Apparently they promoted this , as never seen on AR before
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread