+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Wait a minute. They were all in the same room. The rockers left the money sitting on a table and got up and walked to another part of the same room, and suddenly it's a game of "Finders Keepers"? I don't think so! They hadn't left the place, with the money left behind. They were still in the same room with the money and the other teams. The twins knew exactly whose money it was - there was no question. And, let's say, for the sake of argument, they didn't (but they did - they said so), isn't the first reaction a decent person has, when seeing a pile of money sitting on a table in a small business office, to point it out and see if someone claims it? Of course it is! Let's say it wasn't the rockers - then they would have been stealing from that business, or their employees. There were no other customers in the room. They knew who it belonged to, and quickly shushed everyone up who saw them grab it. It was stealing!
    holly71, captain, march and 10 others like this.

FORT Regular

The girls knew whose money that was. They deliberately kept it to mess up the race of James and Abba. This type of behavior is beyond disgusting.
    They actually said that they weren't sure whose money it was. You could hear them talking to Trey and Lexi about it when they were divvying it up. The impression I got was that they found a wad of money, they knew it belonged to a team, and they thought it would benefit them in the game to take it rather than leave it.

My guess is that money is a bit different from bags or passports. They get X dollars at the start of a leg, but it's assumed that they won't necessarily use all of that money during the leg. Some teams are more frugal and some spend most of theirs. And if you recall, Phil used to steal the rest of the money and possessions from the contestants and make them beg on the street during NELs, sometimes in poor countries. So this wasn't exactly unprecedented.

In other words ... I guess I just look at it as gameplay. It's kind of like seeing another team going the wrong way or messing up the directions and not saying anything about it. You could do the "right" thing and say, "Hey, you're supposed to take the taxi," or "It's on the left," or you can get sneaky. They chose to get sneaky. Nothing bad ultimately happened except that the rockers learned a lesson on human kindness and life went on. (Obviously they did NOT learn a lesson on keeping track of their things, however!)
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

I would call what the twins did stealing. If they found the money and did not know to whom it belonged, then okay. But they did know whose it was and they kept it anyway. That is theft as I know it. PI also don't care for how they continue to call their competitors stupid or idiots. They may be strong and they may be competitive, but they are also classless and I don't find that entertaining.
    holly71, waywyrd, sweetpea and 5 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Wait a minute. They were all in the same room. The rockers left the money sitting on a table and got up and walked to another part of the same room, and suddenly it's a game of "Finders Keepers"? I don't think so! They hadn't left the place, with the money left behind. They were still in the same room with the money and the other teams. The twins knew exactly whose money it was - there was no question. And, let's say, for the sake of argument, they didn't (but they did - they said so), isn't the first reaction a decent person has, when seeing a pile of money sitting on a table in a small business office, to point it out and see if someone claims it? Of course it is! Let's say it wasn't the rockers - then they would have been stealing from that business, or their employees. There were no other customers in the room. They knew who it belonged to, and quickly shushed everyone up who saw them grab it. It was stealing!
    I agree maude. I was reading all the comments and when I read that it was on the floor I hadn't remembered that at all. There was no question that they knew the money belonged to the rockers and were trying to make everyone be quiet so that the rockers would not hear. I agree it is not a case of finders keepers, losers weepers. Your example for the sake of argument was right on and yes it is stealing. No, doubt about it. The rockers had no idea or thought in their minds that someone in the room would have done that, they blamed themselves for it and figured they had left it in the taxi. They just set out coming up with a way to try and get the money to finish the leg of the race. That woman was absolutely wonderful and it would be nice if there were more people in this world like her. As well as the man who helped and said what he did.

What did surprise me was that Phil did not mention it after it was clearly focused on. I guess there was not much he could say, but I do wonder what he was thinking. I did like the Texas couple and thought at first that Trey was a little hesitant, but it didn't last long. I hated that they came in first and won a wonderful trip. Any prior week I would have cheered for them, but they are off my list. I was already tired of the twins, but this finished it for me as far as ever wanting to see any of them do well the rest of the race.

I have liked the Chipendale boys from the start and I do wish they were racing better, but they have been a fun team so am hoping they are saving the best for last. My two favorite teams are them and the metal team.

Someone asked if we would feel different if it were a team that we hated and I can only speak for myself and say I would feel no different. Stealing is stealing and it doesn't matter who the money was taken from. The one thing that might be nice is if either or both teams thought it over and came back and apologized to the metal team and returned the money. After all they have to know this is going to be shown on TV. I assume that is not the case since someone here has been on Twitter with them and they just don't seem like nice girls. I thought they were fun at first, but then they became overbearing.

I was not aware that Ryan was on the Apprentice, but I have not cared for him. He seems rude to me and not to just the twins, but other things he has said all along. Almost like he seems superior at times. Was not sad to see monster truck leave. Some of them may be nice people on the outside, but just the opinions I have while watching them during the race.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I assume that is not the case since someone here has been on Twitter with them and they just don't seem like nice girls.
    I single this sentence out as the only thing in your post I do not agree with 100%! (Only because I haven't seen that post. )
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

CCL

I remember the money on the floor. It had been in his pocket - much more likely it fell on the floor than onto a table. Not that that makes taking the money right. The twins did know the money was the rockers as they made the comment that it was too bad it wasn't Abby and Ryan's.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

From Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary

steal:

1. To take (the property of another) without right or permission.
    2. To present or use (someone else's words or ideas) as one's own.
    3. To get or take secretly or artfully: steal a look at a diary; steal the puck from an opponent.
    4. To give or enjoy (a kiss) that is unexpected or unnoticed.
    5. To draw attention unexpectedly in (an entertainment), especially by being the outstanding performer: The magician's assistant stole the show with her comic antics.
    6. Baseball To advance safely to (another base) during the delivery of a pitch, without the aid of a base hit, walk, passed ball, or wild pitch.

And at the end when one of them said, "There was no penalty, so what we did wasn't illegal . . . " Well, there's illegal and immoral. And I'd think that when they get back to their real lives and they're on their jobs, their managers and co-workers might look at them a little differently. I wouldn't trust them making ethical decisions on my company's behalf if they worked for me.

I wonder . . . if the roles had been reversed and the rockers found THEIR money and kept it, would they have been so willing to shrug it off and say, "It's a competition!"?

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/4 - TAR starting at 8:30 in some areas

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Make that two middle-aged women.
    I'm not quite sure how you're defining "middle-aged," but throw me in there too.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 11/4 - TAR starting at 8:30 in some areas

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm not quite sure how you're defining "middle-aged," but throw me in there too.
    Good point. I don't know any 130-year-old women, so I assume I'm past "middle-aged." But I'm still in!
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I found it odd that the Rockers were able to get $100 (exactly) so quickly. AND one would think it would be foreign currency that would have to be converted to use in Turkey. I smell producer involvement. It was just too easy.

This show wins an Emmy most years because it is seen as authentic. It isn't as bad as some but they do "help." The biggest manipulation we saw was the door of the airplane opening to allow another team onboard when Rob and Amber were the only ones who made the flight for the final leg. They would have won by many hours otherwise thus omitting any drama. Airlines never do that.

I wonder if the Rockers knew the twins took their money as they watched last night or found out during the race.

I am rooting for the Rockers and Chippendales. I am not that keen on the goat farmers, not sure why. The Twins left my short list, last night.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread