+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    As for the rockers/Hair, I believe they aren't very social with the other teams. They mentioned near the beginning of the series that they weren't looking to make friends. Perhaps the fact that they aren't chummy with the other teams has made them disliked by others. We see them as good guys because from what we've seen, they are! This appears to be a pretty social group though, so that may be a turn off for the rest.

Other teams seemed to enjoy complaining about the rockers tonight. I think it's probably a jealousy thing. They don't spend much time racing with other teams because they are usually so far ahead of the pack.

This is the one time I really wish there had been more flight options out of Bangladesh just to see how far ahead time wise the Rockers could stay. One thing about them is that they stay cool under pressure and work well as a team. I just hope the ones knees hold out.

I also kinda like the Beekman Boys as they do keep trying but they seem to make so many mistakes and don't seem to recover that quickly.

I don't think the Chip n Dales would have done that well selling sherbert except it looked like they had some American tourists to deal with.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

What if.....someone not on the race was in the office and dropped the money, the twins saw and still kept money...would that have been wrong?
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So if someone drops a credit card and person who finds it KNOWS who it belongs to, is it okay to max it out?

To the Point

Yes Captain, it would have been wrong. Also, since I'm back to help beat this dead horse, I recall someone basically saying it's not fair to judge them since we don't know what we would do if we were playing for a bunch of money. My response is that no matter how I might respond, it would still be WRONG even if I were the person doing it. Right and wrong is not typically contingent on the person involved but the act itself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Yes Captain, it would have been wrong. Also, since I'm back to help beat this dead horse, I recall someone basically saying it's not fair to judge them since we don't know what we would do if we were playing for a bunch of money. My response is that no matter how I might respond, it would still be WRONG even if I were the person doing it. Right and wrong is not typically contingent on the person involved but the act itself.
    Somehow the idea that it wouldn't be quite so wrong because they're playing a game for a lot of money bothers me more. It's like saying that as long as the pay off is big enough, matters of right and wrong are more justifiably blurred. That's how we end up with ponzi schemes etc.

In fact, if a local had been desperate enough to pick the pockets of a player, because that person was legitimately worried about not having enough to eat and/or his/her dependents not having enough to eat, I'd be more sympathetic. The act would still be wrong, but I could understand more easily why he/she might be driven to do it, even knowing it was wrong, as opposed to someone who essentially has a reasonably comfortable life--or an incredibly comfortable life compared to the way some people around the world have to live--stealing in order to better his/her chance at millions.

Incidentally, I'm not trying to imply that the two teams involved come from wealthy backgrounds. It's just that even most middle class Americans are better off than a considerable number of people around the world.
    holly71, Florimel, GabbyG and 5 others like this.

Somebody asked would it matter if had been a different contestant? What if I had hated the contestant who lost the money? I've thought about this.

Brendan and Rachel were my two least favorite contestants in the few seasons I've watched this show. It got so that I was turning down the volume when they were talking. If Rachel had lost the money and the two of them were going at it, would I be happy? No. I would be less sympathetic, but that's just human nature. They did not do very much to earn my sympathy. However, it does not matter how I feel. An act is still wrong, whether I like the contestants or not.

This reminds me of the season with the Globetrotters. When they accidentally moved that backpack belonging to the Asian girl, I felt terribly sorry for her as she frantically looked for it. This, despite the fact that for the rest of that season I found her annoying.
    holly71, AZChristian and JohnnyK like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm not happy with what the TwiNNies did, but to be fair, I myself would have probably done the same thing if I was under the pressure of wanting to win a million dollars in a race where skills, luck and even one minute or one dollar can make all the difference. They're no longer my favorite, but I still prefer them over that jerk Ryan who whines and talks smack about everybody. Ironically, Ryan seems to actually be defending the TwiNNies's in Twitter, regarding their taking the money they found.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I would like to hear what TPTB have to say about this. Were they involved? I doubt we will ever know the truth.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread