+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Spockwhat - I still maintain and will leave it at this: it is easy to say that we'll do it no matter what but when you have lived like I have where money is an object and can mean the difference between an extra meal or not, that judgement gets clouded.

This goes true for a game as well.

Like I said, real life now (I'm out of that tough time) I'd do it in a heartbeat - give the money to the right person and if no one claimed it then I'd just bring it with me.

Game? - another story, and I think we all know that in this game there have been many questionable plays (ganging up on cowboys, Rob persuading teams to also take the penalty on the roadblock, team Guido blocking the one group from getting off the flight, etc.)

And no - floor/table makes no difference.

Point is the rockers left it, didn't double/triple check their items or look at the tables, the twins made their judgement as did the UT team and left it at that. Bad decisions for ALL teams involved, but this is a game and I see it as such.

Morals get thrown out in these reality shows, and we all know it. Do I like it? - No. Have I lived that life? - Yes (and real life, not game show). Have I done right more than wrong? - Yes.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You wouldn't know he doesn't like the twins, again , perhaps we haven't seen everything .He is standing up for them.
    I agree everything is not always as it seems on a reality show. It generally is what the show wants to show and they gloss over what doesn't. Either way I have zero issues with what went down.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock
    Spockwhat - I still maintain and will leave it at this: it is easy to say that we'll do it no matter what but when you have lived like I have where money is an object and can mean the difference between an extra meal or not, that judgement gets clouded.
    jadewarlock, I will also maintain my position and leave it at this. I have also been in situations where money IS an object, and have faced moral decisions that could have made life easier for me.
    For just a little example, many years ago my husband took on a new job for a huge pay loss when we had two babies... it was scary tight. I needed shoes for the kids and went into a store and got a couple of pairs (on sale) and got an amazing price. I checked my receipt as I was walking out. They had made a mistake and only charged me for one pair. I walked right back in and paid for the other pair. I could have used that money for diapers, for baby food, to pay bills, (after all, this was a big shoe company, what did that little bit of money mean to them?) The thing was, I got the shoes, I should pay for them. So I did. Period.

Simply put... maybe it's true that a game changes things for some people... but stealing? I think people are pretty darn sure they wouldn't steal... in any situation. I know I am. I guess I just don't like being told "oh, that's easy for you to say"... when I AM certain of how I would behave in this situation, that's all.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-05-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    NCLurker, Florimel, Duff and 5 others like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

As for the rockers/Hair, I believe they aren't very social with the other teams. They mentioned near the beginning of the series that they weren't looking to make friends. Perhaps the fact that they aren't chummy with the other teams has made them disliked by others. We see them as good guys because from what we've seen, they are! This appears to be a pretty social group though, so that may be a turn off for the rest.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sorry to keep up the horse-beating but I just have to add that whether I'm playing a game or not, I have a code of behavior that makes up who I am and I wouldn't have kept the money in that situation even if I was just playing a game. Doesn't matter how much I could use the million for winning, doesn't matter if it was "show" money, not money the Rockers had earned themselves. It didn't belong to me so my conscience wouldn't let me keep it from the guys and say nothing.

I get that some people aren't like that and can act one way in a game and another in real life but that's not my choice.

Now I need to go find some chocolate and mellow out. Beating dead horses is so tiring!

Would it change ur opinion if u knew @LexiBeerman @NadiyaaAnd @NatalieeAnd tried to turn the found money into production and were declined?

Ryan tweeted the above

Nadya said that the whole thing wasn't shown on AR

And then Ryan tweeted this:

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz

I'm raising awareness to this issue by asking u to consider what if there was more to the story - not implying i know more or less -

FORT Fogey

I just read a short interview with the Monster Truckers. They both said they were glad they were not in the middle of the stolen money drama, and then he said if he had known what had happened, he would have told James/Abba. He also said he wasn't especially surprised at the Twins' behavior.

Take it for whatever you think it's worth...

Worth nothing to me when people are vying for millions of dollars. As is what happens on twitter. It's again a race If the money was so all important to the team they would have kept it on them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, how rude of me not to share my chocolate with others! Would anyone else like a Reese's Klondike bar?
    Florimel, GabbyG and Babbred like this.

Would it change ur opinion if u knew @LexiBeerman @NadiyaaAnd @NatalieeAnd tried to turn the found money into production and were declined?
    Production essentially follows a prime directive in that they don't interfere with the teams while they're on the road (witness them filming the bag with the passport that was left behind a few seasons back and not informing the team) with the exception of providing them with a replacement vehicle when necessary. And beyond that fact, they still giggled about taking the money and shushed the other team when they started discussing it loudly enough for other people in the room to hear - that doesn't sound like they were thinking of turning it in to anyone.
    Last edited by Rattus; 11-05-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread