+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    Sounds like Ryan is simply trying to cover for Lexi as we know he doesn't like the twins at all. Apparently Ryan thinks very highly of himself to need to constantly tweet things for fans of the show to read. Did Ryan address the comment made by the twins that they wish it had been Ryan and Abbie's money instead? I feel sure that if it had been Ryan and Abbie's money Ryan would be tweeting about how horrible the twins were for stealing it.
    You wouldn't know he doesn't like the twins, again , perhaps we haven't seen everything .He is standing up for them.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-05-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Except the Twisted Sisters admitted they knew it was the Rocker's money. Also, the Rockers hadn't left it behind. They were right there on the computer.

If being 'stupid' is defined as one who accidentally drops something of value on the ground without realizing it, then I would venture a guess that every one of us is 'stupid'. We all are entitled to our own moral beliefs, but it serves no purpose to demean the Rocker's as 'stupid' in order to defend Twisted Sister and Team Texas.
    I am NOT demeaning the Rockers as being stupid. They made a mistake not checking stuff and to make sure all their money is there or make sure their desk was clear. That is a stupid mistake, but just the mistake is stupid, not them as a whole - it is afterall a race for $1 million and money clouds our judgement.

Which leads to the latter - am I not defending the Twins or the UT team either. What I'm saying is that we cannot go and judge any of these contestants for their decisions because we are not racing. Sure it is easy to say - and I speak for myself, that I'd given the money to the rockers when I found it or seen whose it is. If no one claimed it, I'd kept it for myself to use - but after an honest effort.

Now, in a race for a million (one team 2 million) would I possibly put my morals out of play to possibly get an advantage? Possibly, not saying would but wouldn't.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I am NOT demeaning the Rockers as being stupid.
    I was not referring to you in the second paragraph of the post in question.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    They made a mistake not checking stuff and to make sure all their money is there or make sure their desk was clear.
    Just to clarify... they did check their stuff. They discovered the money was missing before they left. If the Twisted Sisters had not stolen the money it's more than likely the Rockers would have found the money on the floor before they left. (based on what we were shown)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I was not referring to you in the second paragraph of the post in question.
    My apologies - I just was making sure my point was clear because I'm trying to show both sides of the argument.

Just to clarify... they did check their stuff. They discovered the money was missing before they left. If the Twisted Sisters had not stolen the money it's more than likely the Rockers would have found the money on the floor before they left. (based on what we were shown)
    Sadly that's the problem - it's what we've seen not what may be. For all we know they edited it to show they were there all the time when in fact the Rockers might've left the office and then came back.

I think the whole ethics issue is really hard to make a case of in contests like this. But there IS a plus - if there was NO penalty assessed initially for this type of behavior, you can bet your hat that they're going to create one now.

The money was left on a table, not the floor.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Exactly I am not sure if. Any of these contestants found loose money just sitting out there they would take time away from racing to find Joe stupid who left it behind being careless.
    What I actually consider to be stupid is squirrelling away someone's inadverntently dropped money, giggling about it, claiming that the Christian team who it sharing in the ill-gotten gains will be praying for you, and completely forgetting that entire sad situation is being filmed for millions of people to watch.
    holly71, waywyrd, march and 10 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The money was left on a table, not the floor.
    During the episode we see Nadiya bend over and pick up the money. She says, "Okay, somebody dropped their money". Lexi and Natalie see what happens, but Trey appears to be oblivious.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock
    Which leads to the latter - am I not defending the Twins or the UT team either. What I'm saying is that we cannot go and judge any of these contestants for their decisions because we are not racing. Sure it is easy to say - and I speak for myself, that I'd given the money to the rockers when I found it or seen whose it is. If no one claimed it, I'd kept it for myself to use - but after an honest effort.
    You can't speak as to what anyone would do or not do on the race. I would have given the money back... that's a fact, and I know it because that is what my morals would require of me. I couldn't live with myself otherwise. Racing situation or not, I KNOW it.

Because I know how I would behave in this situation, and I heard how guilty the twins were feeling about their act of taking the money, I am absolutely free to judge them based on this. It's not that they picked up the money, it's not that they didn't tell the Rockers, it's that they kept it for themselves that makes it so especially wrong. Just yucky. Where's John Quinones? :p

And I just lost two of my favourite teams. I'm now, Team Hair/Rockers, Team Farmers (though I think their chances are so slim) and... I don't know? I guess that's it.

I find the Chips more entertaining as time goes by. The cold water sequence was pretty dang funny, as was the "we don't know what place we're in right now, but you do... it's written right there on the screen" (points to place where it's written) They are such big doofuses though, I'm still not rooting for them... just enjoying them being there.
    sclilred1 and sparklete like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I would like to add, regarding the found money situation and that it has no personal identifiers:

If I'm in a park and there is a person walking ahead of me and suddenly a $100 appears on the sidewalk ahead of me, do I ask the person ahead of me if it is theirs?

I would. Is it possible the money doesn't belong to the other person? Yes. But if they claim it, and it isn't theirs, it is now their problem. I can walk away knowing I did the right thing, and that the money was never mine in the first place, so I have no claim to it anyway. If it was theirs, their faith in humanity is restored a little, if it wasn't theirs, they can live with their own conscience, or lack of, as the case may be.

There is a twitter contest if you follow the Amazing Race and you can win a Ford car...it involves how you would act if you found some money.

ETA CBS contest not twitter and US residents only....boo
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread