+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 159
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #101
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,732

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    A couple of months ago, I was in a restroom at an airport. There were two beautiful (and obviously expensive) silver rings on a folded paper towel that were left on the sink where I was washing my hands. Dumb me. I took the rings to the nearest ticket counter and asked if there was a Lost and Found where the rings could be taken. Guess I should have just kept them, because someone was careless and didn't value them (although one of them was engraved).

    Nope. Never in a million years. Had I been the one who left them, I'd have wanted the person who found them to turn them in. I'm old fashioned; I believe in that whole "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" thing.

    Even when there's not a camera and millions of people watching.
    holly71, captain, sweetpea and 7 others like this.

  2. #102
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    A couple of months ago, I was in a restroom at an airport. There were two beautiful (and obviously expensive) silver rings on a folded paper towel that were left on the sink where I was washing my hands. Dumb me. I took the rings to the nearest ticket counter and asked if there was a Lost and Found where the rings could be taken. Guess I should have just kept them, because someone was careless and didn't value them (although one of them was engraved).

    Nope. Never in a million years. Had I been the one who left them, I'd have wanted the person who found them to turn them in. I'm old fashioned; I believe in that whole "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" thing.

    Even when there's not a camera and millions of people watching.
    They weren't careless, they were stupid!

    One of the reasons the nation is going to Hell in a handbasket is because we allow ill mannered behavior to stand without protest. I'm thrilled to see that the great majority here are appalled at the actions of these two teams.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  3. #103
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I think the Rockers were also focused on trying to get a spot at the computer. Yes it was careless, but deliberately pocketing found cash is deceitful. There is a really good parenting book called the Golden Rules- Ethical values for parents to teach their children. In it the author discusses teaching moments that occur in your daily life. For example- how do you react when a cashier short changes you VS how do you react when a cashier gives you too much change.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  4. #104
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    365

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    A few years ago at Christmas, I was at the Estee Lauder counter buying a gift for my sister. The woman behind the counter accidently gave me back $40 too much in change. Now, I never check to make sure I've been given proper change, but for some reason that day, I did. According to the twins' ethics, I could have kept that money-the lady at the counter was being 'careless' after all, and didn't double check to make sure she was giving me the right amount. I coudn't have lived with myself, especially since I knew perfectly well who the money should go to. When I returned it, the woman burst into tears. She said she had been working 12 hour days since the beginning of the season and was exhausted, but they had been really strict with employees and she definitely would have been fired if her drawer had been that much short.

    I can't believe anyone with a conscience, knowing it definitely belonged to someone in their vicinity, would pocket that money. The twins and Trey/Lexi (who were one of my favorite teams) are scum, and I can't see them redeeming themselves after that move.

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,197

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    A couple of months ago, I was in a restroom at an airport. There were two beautiful (and obviously expensive) silver rings on a folded paper towel that were left on the sink where I was washing my hands. Dumb me. I took the rings to the nearest ticket counter and asked if there was a Lost and Found where the rings could be taken. Guess I should have just kept them, because someone was careless and didn't value them (although one of them was engraved).

    Nope. Never in a million years. Had I been the one who left them, I'd have wanted the person who found them to turn them in. I'm old fashioned; I believe in that whole "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" thing.

    Even when there's not a camera and millions of people watching.
    There is a flaw in this argument though - the rings are specific to a person and easy to identify.

    Anyone can claim money found on the ground.

    Trust me - I'm the first person who gives rings, wallets (totally intact with money and cards) and the like to security and the like. I also give back over-change I've received from a cashier, unless they were so ugly and condescending toward me. I do that only because the manager needs to see the person is careless and rude to the clientele (I have only done this one time, and ended up also going to the manager. The person had been there for a while).

    But money just lying there on the ground - well, that is harder because it can be anyone's (or those who claim it's theirs but it be a free pay day for them).

    It's a lot easier her to debate if someone is right/wrong about this issue BECAUSE they were in another country and the money there isn't American.

    I don't condone it, but I will not judge them because it is TOO easy to do so and to say that we would not be tempted and in a race for $1 million, it's a huge temptation to get an advantage any way possible is a lie in itself.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 11-05-2012 at 02:08 PM.

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,706

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Exactly I am not sure if. Any of these contestants found loose money just sitting out there they would take time away from racing to find Joe stupid who left it behind being careless. It's not like a personal item with a persons name on it or a wallet with the name of the person.

    In a PC world yes everyone says that would. If you watch the show what would you do. You will see a lot of people are not so PC
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,708

    Re: 11/4 - TAR starting at 8:30 in some areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Not their finest moment is an understatement. I really did not like this move. Rockers just thought they dropped their money in the cab.

    Can you say KARMA?
    Yeah I really liked the twinnies up until then

  8. #108
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,020

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Exactly I am not sure if. Any of these contestants found loose money just sitting out there they would take time away from racing to find Joe stupid who left it behind being careless. It's not like a personal item with a persons name on it or a wallet with the name of the person.

    In a PC world yes everyone says that would. If you watch the show what would you do. You will see a lot of people are not so PC
    They knew who the money belonged to and that team was still in the room! So it's not like they would have to go chasing anyone down. If they had found money along the race route and they had no reasonable certainty of who it belonged to because no other teams were around at that moment, then it wouldn't have been such a big deal for them to keep it. Under the circumstances, though, they knew what they were doing was wrong and did it anyway.

    The guys did start looking for their before they left the room, as soon as they discovered it missing, and if the other teams had left it where it was, they would have found it. Yes, they were careless to misplace it in the first place, but it would have been found before they continued in the race if the other team hadn't stolen it.

  9. #109
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    But money just lying there on the ground - well, that is harder because it can be anyone's (or those who claim it's theirs but it be a free pay day for them).
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Exactly I am not sure if. Any of these contestants found loose money just sitting out there they would take time away from racing to find Joe stupid who left it behind being careless. It's not like a personal item with a persons name on it or a wallet with the name of the person.
    Except the Twisted Sisters admitted they knew it was the Rocker's money. Also, the Rockers hadn't left it behind. They were right there on the computer.

    If being 'stupid' is defined as one who accidentally drops something of value on the ground without realizing it, then I would venture a guess that every one of us is 'stupid'. We all are entitled to our own moral beliefs, but it serves no purpose to demean the Rocker's as 'stupid' in order to defend Twisted Sister and Team Texas.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  10. #110
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    64

    Re: 11/4 - TAR 21 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Chips switching from metro to cab was probably their smartest moves in the race thus far, could have been the one that saved them from elimination this week. OTOH, really surprised at James' awkwardness at the Road Block, Jaymes would probably have done better at this task.

    Things equally, if not more appalling than the twins' act of stealing was what they said about the whole situation, stuff like sharing half the guilt with Trey and Lexi, and it would be better if the money belonged to Ryan and Abblie instead. Stealing is stealing, in any religion, and Trey/ Lexi are equally at fault.

    I also don't buy the Finders Keepers crap, especially since they knew who the money belongs to and kept it intentionally. It's like saying "This is not stealing, it's pilfering".

    The twins have just sunk to a new low imo. Every time I see them on my TV now, I will be chanting "Go Twinnie, Go Twinnie, GO HOME TWINNIES'.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.