+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I thought the jute would be easier too...

I was also surprised when the teams read the clue "It's not heavy, it's a roadblock" that most teams just assumed it WAS heavy, but Monster Truck and Abbie/Ryan assumed it meant it really wasn't heavy, so they had their (female) partner do it.

I felt badly for most teams in that heat with all that work- I'm not sure I would've made it. I needed a shower after just watching the episode!

To the Point

I am impressed with the Twinnies but they would totally make me crazy! Last night definitely made me think that there had been other interactions between these two teams to which we were not privy. I actually can understand Ryan's reaction just as easily as I can understand the twins. I could see both of these teams getting old in a hurry...the twins because they are loud and obnoxious and the twins because they are overly competitive.

I do think the the extreme heat was having an impact on the ability for these folks to focus, problem solve, think clearly.

One of the things I think about while watching this show is how I think I would handle conditions each leg...Every time they go to India, Malaysia, Bangladesh etc. all I can think about is how the different environmental factors would affect my asthma because that would probably be one of the things that would have the biggest impact on racing. Last night, the jute challenge would have probably caused a crisis for me, but it certainly seemed the better choice.

FORT Fogey

I would have taken the jute, too, once I saw it. The description Phil gave made it seem worse so I assumed the blurb on their clue did, as well.

I liked the challenges this leg of the race because while physical they showed how lucky we are to have some of the jobs we have and show what people do to survive on a daily basis. I think why most people did the bamboo one though was that they probably thought the Jute one required weaving a la the mattress challenge last go.

I think the Chippendales learned their lesson, and felt any of the women who tackled the weight challenge rocked.

Glad the goat farmers got a second chance - they are overall classy guys and both know what's important in their lives as far as health and safety.

As far as Abbie and Ryan - I will say this much: I DO NOT want them to be the first team to win $2 million. What I'm hoping is that Ryan's rant is foreshadowing.
    Babbred likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My three favourite teams at this point are: Team Hair (Heavy Metal), Trey and Lexi, and the Twins.

I think Trey and Lexi are great. Maybe a bit bland, but they're just so cute and positive, (and she's so tough!)... I would love to see them finish with the top teams next week. Maybe bump Ryan and whatever down a notch.

The twins just make me laugh. As I've mentioned before, I don't think I'd want to be friends with them, but I love their gameplay and just how physically capable(!) they are at the challenges the race gives them. They are good racers.

Though I haven't been a fan of the Chips, I enjoyed watching them this week. They're rating pretty high right now for entertainment value. Blondie is such a doofus, he does make me laugh. They are quite dramatic too.

Thumbs up for Kelly. She's a tough little lady.

I'm impressed with the quality of the racers (especially the women!) they have this year... it's going to be a competitive finish!! Love it.

I was disappointed in Ryan's reaction to coming in second, but he did apologize to Abby for his attitude and I still like them. I really enjoy the rockers and the chippendales. I even liked the monster truckers this week better than I ever have, probably because of her.

I cannot stand the twins. Their screeching is just intolerable. I admire their strength, but I couldn't be in a room with them for five minutes.
    mesachick likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I must confess that I usually watch TV with a laptop while playing games or surfing the web, so I'm not always paying close attention. Last night, though, I thought I heard the twins tell the driver as they got into their first taxi, "we have to beat those ______ behind us." They then explained that the word they used was a local word which meant the equivalent of "bad white people." I don't like racism in any form. This was the equivalent of a white person referring to black people by the word we all know and don't speak.

The twin who was watching her sister do a task was also getting very angry at the guy who was kind of mocking their constant verbalizations. She didn't like it when he asked, "Are you going to keep that up the whole time?" Hey, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

But it was mostly the comment in the taxi that made me put them at the bottom of the list.

I'm liking the Heavy Metals and the Chippendales.

FORT Fan

Now, I just went back and watched that part again and the twins explained that in Hindi, the word simply meant white person, and that it did NOT have a derogatory connotation. They must have been asked what the word meant by their camera crew, especially after their comments about the competitive couple last week, but I don't think they were trying to be racist. More likely they were trying to establish a language connection. I did a little internet research and while Hindi isn't common in the rural areas of Bangladesh, in Dhaka it would probably be understood.

Twins aren't my favorite team because I too would hate to hear their screeching during the tasks, but I do want to stick up for them here and say I don't think they were being racist in this instance.
    TripleGemini and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Now, I just went back and watched that part again and the twins explained that in Hindi, the word simply meant white person, and that it did NOT have a derogatory connotation. They must have been asked what the word meant by their camera crew, especially after their comments about the competitive couple last week, but I don't think they were trying to be racist. More likely they were trying to establish a language connection. I did a little internet research and while Hindi isn't common in the rural areas of Bangladesh, in Dhaka it would probably be understood.

Twins aren't my favorite team because I too would hate to hear their screeching during the tasks, but I do want to stick up for them here and say I don't think they were being racist in this instance.
    No, I didnt see that at all. I liked how they explained it. Their language comes naturally to them. So , I didn't see racist remark
    Moontat likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I've been ambivalent about some of the teams. Tonight, though, I put the Twinnies tied for my least favorite with Monster Truck.
    I realized last night that if they had paired Nadia, the less vocally annoying of the twins, with Kelly, the female half of the monster truckers, I'd probably have much less trouble with that team. So, it's really not that I don't like the twins or the monster truckers. It's just that half of each team seriously gets on my nerves for being so loud all the time.

Well, that and the fact that I've officially learned to despise the word "twinnie." And even though Ryan can be obnoxious too, I did think it was kind of funny when Natalie got upset when he said "C'mon, twinnie!" because she though Nadia would think it was her. I would think by now that Nadia has simply learned to tune out Natalie at least half the time, just for sanity's sake.

Come to think of it, is anyone keeping track of how many roadblocks each member of each team is taking? It seems like Natalie spends a lot of time cheering her "twinnie" on. Is Nadia doing more of the recent roadblocks?

+ Reply to Thread