+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'd like to see Ron go next, which might happen, and the twins after that, which probably won't. I have to mute my tv sound whenever the twins are on and I know I could not be in the same space as them for five minutes without running away. Loud at that level is not attractive in anyone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'd like to see Ron go next, which might happen, and the twins after that, which probably won't. I have to mute my tv sound whenever the twins are on and I know I could not be in the same space as them for five minutes without running away. Loud at that level is not attractive in anyone.

Others have wondered--as have I--if the impulse so many teams seem to have towards hugging the people who hand them the next clue might be seen as inappropriate in some cultures. Likewise, I wonder if volume--whether from the twins or the Monster Trucker guy--might be viewed the same way in some cultures.

I think it's possible to be enthusiastic and encouraging without being so loud or so non-stop about it. I didn't like it when that pair from the HSN were like that either, though I think the one twin--and it really only appears to be one who pushes it that far--is even louder, as is Monster Trucker guy. Maybe it doesn't bother her sister, because she's just used to it, but if I were trying to concentrate on, say, a puzzle task, I'd not appreciate someone shouting at me the whole time, even if they meant to be encouraging. If I were trying to compete with that in my ears and I was on another team, I think I might ask, nicely, if she could please keep it down a little, so everyone else could hear themselves think. I know it's perhaps game play on the one twins' part, but if they're really strong competitors--and they appear to be--they needn't resort to trying to psych out the rest of them, and keeping in the good graces of the rest of the teams might pay off for them somewhere down the road when they might need some advice/help, as even the strongest teams do at times.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't like what James or Jaymes said to one of the locals helping with the bus .He was talking about the twins and he said you like that yes? that's your flavour? seriously? who talks like that
    We agree on something, hee hee.

I found this more disgusting than the rats. Why would he assume the twins are the locals' 'flavour'? Racist overtones for sure.

I didn't come out of last nights episode with too too much to say, except I continue to dislike the Chips, blondie in particular.
    Love that Hair won.
    And monster trucker has to reign in the "you cost me a million dollars" crap with people. He's really obnoxious.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Yep. When he reads the clue wrong and gives instructions to the locals - who do what he tells them to do - does he stand in front of a mirror and scream, "You cost me a million dollars!"????

What happened to the good ol' days when they weren't allowed to tell anyone they were racing?

I continue to like the TwiNs, and I don't believe they're trolling anybody, I think they're just being encouraging to each other and they're just energetic about it. It's easy to tell them apart because Nadiya is the louder of the two, so it was easy for me to tell Natalie did the Roadblock last night. Now, I remember how Natalie was annoyed at Nadiya in the first episode during the Ping Pong task, but that's because Nadiya as nagging her. Afterwards, they've both been very encouraging to each other. The reason I like them instead of finding them obnoxious is just that, that they may be loud, but they're being encouraging, funny and they really seem like they're having fun.

And honestly, from what I remember, the only teams that seemed genuinely annoyed were the Chips (one of who took a level in jerkass with that comment about the twins being that local's flavor), and especially Abbie & Ryan, whom I call Bland & Jerk. I have viewed Ryan as an intense, arrogant jerk since day one, and Abbie is a boring, brainless git, so I'll take the TwiNs over these two any day. It seems something happened offscreen that have caused the TwiNs and Bland & Jerk to dislike one another, but yeah, I'll stick with the TwiNs.

Yeah, Monster Truck's also on my bad side, but his wife Kelley is okay, if also kinda bland, we rarely see her say or do anything. Also glad to see Gary & Will gone. I didn't mind Will, the short one, but Gary kept getting on my nerves for being so nauseatingly negative all the time. He definitely does not represent me as a fan. Seriously they survived the first leg, bt afterwards, they only made itup to here out of sheer good luck, not skill.
    MsDiva2007 and Babbred like this.

I don't mind the twins. They crack me up. But I could see how they could grate on some people's nerves.

The Monster Trucker guy really p!ssed me off last night with his "you cost me a million dollars" comment. I loved the local guy's response of a shrug of "whatever". I mean come.on. He's in an impoverished country & he has the audacity to say that to someone? Really? That local probably makes in a year what Monster Trucker makes in a week. I'm sure he could really care less about helping what they probably consider a "rich American" win a million dollars. And I think Monster Trucker used this same line last week or the week before & it made me mad then too. Please go home, soon .
    maude~flanders and Babbred like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    We agree on something, hee hee.

I found this more disgusting than the rats. Why would he assume the twins are the locals' 'flavour'? Racist overtones for sure.
    I really like and laugh at the J's, so that really took me by surprise - I did the aural equivalent of a double-take. I don't know, though...is the blonde J. gay? Maybe by flavor, he meant girls...

As for the "super-fan" thing, come on! Do people race who are not fans of the show?! What a weird thing to say, it reminded me of the "super-fans" on Bachelor Pad. lol Do kinda wish they had't been eliminated because that means a leg the Monster Truck guy could lose could also be non-elim. :-( What irked me along with what he said was the way he did that kinda half-a$$ed English - baby talking, dropping words, the tone/pitch - Me want boat, we go now, blah, blah.

I find the twins kinda funny, I just have to lower the volume a bit. At this rate, I'll be watching with subtitle and no volume, though.

I guess I am from a family that has lots of kids involved in pee wee sports and I hear rather vulgar things being yelled out there.lol The twins are just as my cousin, who is a twin called twining, the do it for motivation of each other.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

CCL

If my twin was yelling "twinnie" at me all the time, I'd stop what I was doing and give her a talking to...but to each twin her own. Just like Jaymes's flavour comment last night...the guy seemed to be checking out one of the twins and Jaymes was commenting on it. Personally I didn't find it offensive, but others see differently.
    NCLurker, march, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread