+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #61
    FORT Fanatic dantrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    625

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    It's funny, because I don't mind them, either, and normally I get irritated fairly easy with contestants. A couple of points:


    1. I see it as a form of psych warfare on their part. You saw everybody getting distracted and taking time to complain about them. Classic sports move.


    2. For me, I guess it doesn't bother me so much because at least they're not indulging in truly obnoxious behavior. That Big Brother couple just about drove me insane with their constant crying, whining, and abusing of each other. At least the twins stay positive and focus on winning. I loved the last episode, when the contestants were separated into bunches by arriving late for the train. The twins were in the second bunch and instead of fussing, simply said, "We going to focus on being first out of this group." Exactly!
    I think the Twins are trolling the other teams on purpose too. They are hyper active and a bit shady for sure.

  2. #62
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,939

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I prefer the loud twins who are simply trying to pep each other up. I think they are a lot better than the ugly Americans who think everyone should speak English to them or are supposed to just do their bidding because they feel the need to be rude to them. go Twinnie!
    Same here! and Monster truck guy( who is not a favourite of mine) thanked everyone on each leg of the race , and said sir a couple of times. He was upset one time, and we saw that in the previews as if he was rude/upset all the time. No, I am still glad team mopey face are gone
    MsDiva2007 and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,838

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I think the Twins are trolling the other teams on purpose too. They are hyper active and a bit shady for sure.
    I'm not sure it's smart, long term, to try and psych the other teams out, at least not at this point in the race. They may end up needing some help further down the line, and if enough of the rest of the teams find them not only competitive but irritating as well, then it means they're that much less likely to want to form even a temporary alliance with them. I'm also not so sure how much the shouted encouragement actually helps. That first week, the twin who was being shouted at didn't seem entirely happy about it, and in some situations, where concentration and focus are required, I could see it being distracting to the person it's supposedly helping too.

    And just for the record, I've noticed this with other teams in the past too, and I've always found it annoying. It's not just the twins. In fact, I'm not sure it's even both the twins, since one of them seems more gung-ho about the yelling than the other.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey princess07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,566

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I like the twins because even though they are loud, they are funny. I love Chip&Dale as well.
    Moontat and Babbred like this.

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey princess07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,566

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think I'm back to disliking the twins again. There's being enthusiastic and encouraging, and then there's being annoyingly, constantly loud. I'm already sick of the whole "twinny" thing, and I only have to listen from a distance. The rest of them are right there having to hear the constant shouting. Heck, if I were her "twinny," I'd be telling her to shut up myself, so I don't blame the rest of the racers for being irritated.
    As loud as they are they are too funny. I love them

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey princess07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,566

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    That's why I didn't get the psychotic remark. To me, psychotic means a team like Jonathan and Victoria, who screamed abuse at each other constantly. Nobody's been that bad, at least not yet. I could do without the excessive volume of N/N and the monster trucker guy, but I don't think that makes them psychotic, just loud.
    The twins are proably calling them that because of what they did off camera lol!

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey princess07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,566

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Best part of tonight's episode was at the bus repair shop where other teams were trying to shut up the Twins and air shooting themselves in the head behind the Twins.
    yeah that was funny. My husband must have replayed the bus scence three times. Totally funny!

  8. #68
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,939

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I didn't like what James or Jaymes said to one of the locals helping with the bus .He was talking about the twins and he said you like that yes? that's your flavour? seriously? who talks like that
    spockwhat and MsDiva2007 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #69
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,244

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't like what James or Jaymes said to one of the locals helping with the bus .He was talking about the twins and he said you like that yes? that's your flavour? seriously? who talks like that
    Lot's of folks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #70
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,939

    Re: 10/21 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Lot's of folks.
    In Bangladesh, hmmm if you say so.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.