+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Promote TAR4

Help Promote TAR4

I sent an email re TAR4 to a dozen or so email contacts in my address book informing them that the best show on television was premiering Thursday May 29. If half of TAR's registered user fan base on this board would do the same...perhaps a critical mass, 'seven degrees of separation' spread-the-word grassroots campaign would help give this show the boost in the ratings it so completely deserves.

I was walking by a television last week and noticed a TAR4 promo before The Late Show, which was encouraging in that maybe TAR4 won't be treated like a CBS cloning experiment gone awry.
    That TAR4 commands Survivor's time slot suggests to me that CBS believes it has an especially riveting Race to air.

I've seen TAR previews a few times this season.
    I watch on a Canadian channel though, but I've certainly seen more previews (or at least the same preview show more times) than for previous series.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Over here, I think it's getting a but more promotion as well. They only started airing it with TAR 3 (although the previous seasons were on cable), and it looked like it got fairly good reatings - so they do want TAR 4 to do even better.

It's being promoted a lot over here. The station is calling it the highest rated RTV.

But I guess the ratings over in the US is what really matters.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I've seen only a few promos for it so far and think they should really get behind this show. It's the very best they have and it should be treated as such.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Not trying to be negative, and I appreciate the feedback to the initial post, but I was hoping that with this thread we--not "they" the tv execs/ad men-- might hatch a sort of hands-on grassroots cascade telling our friends and neighbors to tell their friends and neighbors... to watch TAR4! If you have dispatched your emails, my apologies.

FORT Fogey
    Grassroots efforts using mass e-mail are akin to junk mail, I think. The last thing I want to see in my inbox is a forwarded message which clogs my space and gives out my e-mail to eveyone in the free world.

I praise your enthusiasm to help my favorite show on TV get higher ratings, Tuluminous, but I don't think this will achieve that desired result.

Sandwich boards on the other hand...

Deep Dish,

Good points. Hey everybody: NO FWs! Every transmission should be friend-to-friend, or friend-to-friendly-acquaintance.
    Your friends and friendly acquaintances won't mind having a head's up-- also their guard will be down, so the important word of mouth advertising won't be deleted. (hehehe)
    Last edited by Tuluminous; 05-26-2003 at 12:19 PM.

Hire a banner plane to fly over your neighborhood. It worked for BB1!

FORT Fogey
    I'm working on my friends! I'm going to see if I can get any of them to watch, you never know right? My brother got me into this show...so maybe I can get someone else into it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast