+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: 9/30 TAR 21: PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/30 TAR 21: PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

I just rewound. I have no sympathy for any team who tells another team where to find something or where to go! They told the winning team where to find the abacus instead of letting them work for it like eveyone else!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

First off, best first episode of the race ever! I like all the teams except the twins. The blondes annoy me a bit but not enough to say I don't like them (YET). The cheerleader also seems annoying, but I think that came from the Hook Em thing she did in her introduction. I've always hated that! I just find it obnoxious. I know I know: Bitter USC fan party of 1.

I love the one Chippendale guy and his commentary on the ping pong game. He's really funny. I'm so glad they survived. I can't believe they fell so far from grace but I'm glad they made it. I liked team Lumberjack as well but I'd rather the boys stay in.

I'm sure some will criticize the San Diego team for overtaking the disabled girl. I'm actually glad to see it because it paints her as an equal not someone to be pitied. I wish they'd finished in first, but they were stupid for sharing. That was more stupid than gay goat farmers letting the other team cut in front of them.

I think the next team to annoy me will be the superfans. Whereas I think the Colorado team was stupid for sharing where to find the clue, I think the superfans were selfish not to. At that point the knew they weren't going to finish last and there was no way they'd finish first. So why not clue them in? I think I'll always dislike the twins more, but they'll be a close second I think.

I hated Monster Truck from the previews, but I give the man credit. They still finished in the top half despite having to eat 2 trays of that nasty "dessert". Also he told the lady he had nothing but love for her food. That was very gracious. Of course at the time he didn't realize he was going to have to eat more of it, but I thought they were great sports.

Teams from San Diego typically tend to do well on this race. I see this team as no exception. The other teams should be worried about them. I think this is going to be a good season.

BTW my mom saw on the local news that Team Lumberjack did indeed get married recently and are very happy. They seem like good people so I wish them the best.
    jadewarlock and Babbred like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I was just shocked at how many people couldn't pronouce abacus....and it appeared several didn't know what one was either. Strange...
    holly71 and Neecy44 like this.

I was surprised (well not really) how many teams did not know what an abacus was.
    Neecy44 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Who comes on this race being afraid of heights? Do people just not pay attention or what?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I just rewound. I have no sympathy for any team who tells another team where to find something or where to go! They told the winning team where to find the abacus instead of letting them work for it like everyone else!
    I know.There went the two million if they finish first. WTH were they thinking.

This is a nice bunch though, very interesting , all of them.
    I think out of all of them the goat farmers are the ones I dislike the most( very snooty at times) TAR will change some of that
    Chip and Dale weren't too swift

The twins are funny, but I think I might tire of them ( they crave too much attention) .I thought the blonde's might be the same as the twins- but they are good!

I must of missed something, why did Sheila ( a very attractive woman I thought) and Rob go to the bank?? I think when they read the word Abacus, most of them saw something completely different.

I love TAR!! love it

First off, best first episode of the race ever!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My, that was intense. So much pressure, with four challenges before the pit stop. The twins are already annoying...yikes with the not helping with the screaming thing. Now, we'll see if other teams will try to especially knock off the first leg winners, just because.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So far I'm not liking Race Ryan the way I liked Martha Stewart Ryan. Why did they have to get the $2M shot? Why not Team Metal?

I don't dislike the twins. They could be this season's entertaining team.
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    OK...Gary and Will are already bugging me. Gary first is afraid of heights and then decides to be Mr. Nice Guy and lets another team ahead of them on the way to get flights. Dumb mistake #1 and he is pissed at his partner because he calls him on it...very nicely at that.
    Actually, that was Josh who let another team take their place in line, Brent called him out on it. Being nice is cool, but you should help other teams only when you know it won't come back to bite you. Anyone remember Dennis & Erika from season 5? One or two teams thought Dennis cut in line at the airport and got angry at him, then later, Dennis wanted so badly to be liked by others that he let Colin & Christie take their taxi, and by the time another taxi came by, Dennis & Erika were in last place and couldn't recover. To think Colin & Christie would've been the first team eliminated had Dennis not been so dumb...

I was also especially furious at Amy & Daniel and Trey & Lexi. Both teams had found the abaccus lady and were heading for the pitstop, but both teams were stupid enough to let other teams know where the lady was. Amy & Daniel lost first place, and Trey & Lexi unblelieveably told the Chippendales were the lady was, this despite knowing they're two of the fastest runners, as the start of the race showed. Worst part was seeing Trey & Lexi with Gary & Will in the pitstop hoping to see the Chippendales eliminated, which would have happened had Trey & Lexi not been so stupid!

Gary & Will and the N Twins, however, were very smart in pretending they had not found the abaccus lady yet when other teams asked, which I thought was the right thing to do. Once you see the clue reads "go to your next Pitstop", that's the point were you should not help anybody but yourself and your teammate! That being said, I was baffled to see how many teams had trouble finding her.

Though it was still a good first episode, and so far only two racers annoy me. One is Ryan, he comes across as a complete tool. Once he said during their introduction that he wants people to "bow to him", he was instantly on my hate list. The other is Nadiya, from the twins. Her constant harping and nagging during the ping-pong task was extremely irritating, especially when Natalie was trying to stay calm but Nadiya kept pushing her buttons. Contrast it to the second Roadblock, where instead of nagging Nadiya, Natalie rooted and cheered for her, and got the whole restaurant to cheer for her too, which was pretty cool to see.

The other thing I liked was how very helpful and polite the locals were. First when Natalie started a cheer for Nadiya, every other team that came after them had the whole restaurant rooting and cheering for them, it was very cool. Also how people helped latter teams find both the Pitstop and even offer to show them where the abaccus lady was. I love it when locals help racers out.
    Moontat likes this.

I also thought it was funny that several teams (especially the twins) kept calling the little pingpong girl a boy. It was also interesting to see how uncomfortable she looked when the racers were giving her hugs after they got their clue- such a different culture to ours.

+ Reply to Thread