+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: 9/30 TAR 21: PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 9/30 TAR 21: PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    Yeah im def rooting for the Sri Lanka Sisters they seem really competitive and really want to win. Hope they make the final 3
    Well, I'm not exactly rooting for them, I just find them entertaining. I don't think they have a ice cubes chance in hell they'll make the final three... it's like they're built with a self-destruct button. They will be entertaining though.
    pikachu likes this.

I just love AR and while it's too early for me to have a favorite I was surprised that The Chippendales were a team that I found myself liking and was cheering them on at the end yelling for them to find that lady and get to the mat. They were off to a pretty good start until that point of the race. I guess some of the other teams are put off by them, but I found them to be really funny. I also liked the fact of why they are racing. Jaymes Vaughan whose dad was recently diagnosed with cancer and James Davis who wants to help out his mom who he calls his hero. She was a single mom and spent her whole life taking care of other people and he wants to do something nice for her as she did so much for her family.

It's early and I may change my mind, but so far I liked them.
    sclilred1 likes this.

I was prepared to be annoyed by the twins and ended up cheering them on for their positive and fun attitude. Really seems to be an eclectic group of racers this season. I did not expect the lumberjack team to be the first eliminated and wanted to scream when the second place team shared where the abacus lady was sitting to the group of racers who couldn't find her on their own. First place team was competitive and it is a race but not sure I will root for them based on the first episode. I obviously have many team names to learn!

Glad to see the lumberjack duo go, my least favorite by far.

So far liking the Sri Lanka twins, the Dales, & Caitlin and Brittany. I was put off of the teachers by the tall one's remark talking about screwing other teams over. Boooo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I'm from this culture and I hate, hate, hate being manhandled by strangers, so I don't blame the kid a bit for looking uncomfortable. In fact, I am only willing to be hugged by Mr. Rattus and I truly wish everyone else would stay the hell off of me.
    I had an uncle who was terrific with kids, especially little kids. Once, at a wedding reception, where nearly every child under the age of five, including many who didn't know him and were being gushed over by other adults, immediately gravitated toward him, I asked him what his secret was. He said it was that he let the kids come to him and let them start the conversations and that most adults forgot that they're much larger than kids and that even if they mean well, when they gush and hug and ask them a million questions, it can be overwhelming for a little kid. But if you just sat still and let them approach you and lead the conversation themselves, they were much more comfortable. I hadn't thought of that before, but it makes perfect sense to me, and now I always think of him when I see kids squirm as they're hugged by adults who don't know them all that well.

I also find that adults often ask children dumb questions. If you ask a kid how school was today, you may not get much of an answer. But you might get a better answer if you're more specific: What's the best thing that happened at school today? Or if you just go with it when they start off with an odd remark. I had a three year old announce to me, "A giant ate our house today." So I did the logical thing and asked, "All of it or just a part of it?" She was delighted and by continuing to ask more questions, in a completely normal tone of voice, I got quite a story, which astonished her parents, who had no idea that a giant had eaten portions of their home.
    TripleGemini likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213