+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: 9/30 TAR 21: PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/30 TAR 21: PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Thank goodness the icky food challenge is over early. Well, one can hope.
    I hope there are more.It sorts the men from the boys( and girls)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I could have done the tea challenge or the schnitzel one with my eyes closed.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Newbie

at the risk of sounding repetitive, sorry couldn't resist.... couldn't stop laughing at the pronunciationa or lack of, of abacus.
    Arielflies likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

The more I think about it, the more I am seriously considering actually wanting to try the frog tube dish. I mean, how bad could it be?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

How about if you win the TAR pool, we'll all chip in and buy you a frog tube dessert? You'll have to eat it like the contestants on the show, without picking up the plate or papaya.

Hey all, I'm new (duh) to this forum. Looking forward to the new season! I've been watching since Season 12 and am in the process of watching the first season. Talk about way different than what it is now....

Anyway, my username is because that is the race that my cousin and I are applying for. Anyhoooo.....glad to be here.

K
    wannasee and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingRace24 View Post
    Hey all, I'm new (duh) to this forum. Looking forward to the new season! I've been watching since Season 12 and am in the process of watching the first season. Talk about way different than what it is now....

Anyway, my username is because that is the race that my cousin and I are applying for. Anyhoooo.....glad to be here.

K
    Best of luck to you and your cousin. Will this be your first application? It took Gary and Will seven tries, so don't give up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Welcome to the forum, 24. Hopefully, we'll be seeing you and your cousin on a future edition of TAR!

You're much braver than I am. I wouldn't even consider going on the Amazing Race. I'm terrible at physical challenges, a little slow on puzzles, not a very social person, afraid of heights, and I get motion sickness. TAR is certainly not the show for me to compete on! I admire the people who can do all that and keep a good attitude.

If you do get selected for the show, please treat the locals you visit with kindness (even the bad cab drivers) and read all the clues carefully!!! It's amazing how many teams get tripped up by not following the instructions of a challenge or reading clues correctly.

I would do it in a heartbeat. It's the one show I would kill to do! Too bad I live in Canada....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Hyper likes this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

For the food challenges, I think that just knowing what it is can make the difference between being able to do it or not. If something smells okay and tastes okay, it would be a lot easier for me to eat if I didn't know that it was something that would repel me.

For example, growing up in New York City, we ate a lot of delicatessen food; we often had platters of it on a weekend. Those platters would include, turkey, corned beef, pastrami, roast beef, and pickled or smoked tongue, all sliced and ready to eat or make sandwiches. As a small child, I made no connection between the name, tongue, and that it was actually the tongue of a cow because I didn't see it being cooked. It was just another deli meat and it was delicious. I still feel that way and cook my own when I can find it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread