+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Pool

Re: Amazing Race Pool

Was just able to watch this last episode due to internet connectivity....SO GLAD that the blondes are gone! I don't think I could have stood that snorting for the whole race!

Good to be out of last place, though!!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Junkyard Royalty stays strong at four! Team Captains James/Abba won tonight. <3 Represent!

and another of mine bites the dust. I also really hate my Monster Trucker guy. His wife needs to tell him to smarten the hell up or I will think she's just as evil.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Arielflies had a great week! They had all of the 1st through 4th place finishers on their team. My own team did ok except that Trey & Lexi brought us down.

Amazing Race 21 Pool Results
    Episode 4

James & Abba finished first, earning 14 points.
    Abbie & Ryan came in second, earning 13 points.
    Natalie & Nadiya were third, getting 12 points.
    Josh & Brent finished fourth, getting 11 points.
    Rob & Kelley came in fifth, earning 10 points.
    Jaymes and James were sixth, earning 9 points.
    Trey & Lexi finished seventh, getting 8 points.
    Gary & Will were last and were eliminated from the race.

Weekly Scores
    Alley Cats: 44 points
    Amyís J-Walkers: 51 points
    Blonde Joke: 39 points
    BuckeyeGal: 44 points
    Grokking the World: 45 points
    Junkyard Royalty: 54 points
    martin4au: 20 points
    REMS: 44 points
    Team Amazing Bellies: 41 points
    Team Lung Cheez: 44 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 52 points
    The Shady Brow: 58 points
    Trouble in Tokyo: 54 points
    Two Tickets to Philimination: 54 points
    Watermelonheads: 47 points

Donít forget that if you have lifelines left, you can use them to replace a couple or to designate another couple as your team captains.

Team Rankings
    1. Team Phileas Fogg: 177 points
    2. BuckeyeGal: 170 points
    3. The Shady Brow: 167 points
    4. Junkyard Royalty: 161 points
    5. Two Tickets to Philimination: 158 points
    6. Trouble in Tokyo: 157 points
    7. Alley Cats: 156 points
    7. Amyís J-Walkers: 156 points
    8. Watermelonheads: 153 points
    9. Team Amazing Bellies: 143 points
    10. Team Lung Cheez: 140 points
    10. Grokking the World: 140 points
    11. Blonde Joke: 139 points
    12. REMS: 125 points
    13. martin4au: 104 points

Team Phileas Fogg played ratcatcher to win the fast forward and go straight to the pit stop, putting them in first place! BuckeyeGal wasnít too far behind them, finishing second after completing all the challenges. The Alley Cats would have come in third but missed a location they had to visit before coming to the pit stop and had to go back, bringing them down to share seventh place with Amyís J-Walkers. The Shady Brow pounded their metal quickly and nabbed third place. Also choosing to do the metal challenge, Junkyard Royalty rocked into fourth place. Two Tickets to Philimination chose to pound cotton and with their sewing mastery were able to get fifth place all sewn up. Trouble in Tokyo had no trouble stuffing their mattress and riding it to sixth place. Amyís J-Walkers were about to head the wrong way but came across the Alley Cats retracing their route, who advised them where they needed to go before going to the pit stop. Watermelonheads didnít catch the boat on time and had to wait for the next one, bringing them in at eighth place. Failing to pass inspection the first time on the bus they were patching up, Team Amazing Bellies had to scrap their plaster off and start again, leaving them in ninth place. Team Lung Cheez found the red herring before Blonde Joke did, switching places with them on the leaderboard. Grokking the World got their clue messed up but fortunately for them REMS was nice enough to share theirs with them and they in turn advised REMS on how to smooth their plaster to pass inspection. Car trouble for martin4auís taxi driver put them in last place.

Once again, Team Phileas Fogg got the highest weekly score. They get to enjoy a trip for two to the St. James Club in Antigua. The challenges this week were long, strong, and hard for martin4au. They got the lowest weekly score and for punishment have to go rounding up dead rats with the motormouth Twinnies.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Note to pool contestants: I noticed a mistake in the scoring after posting it. I hadn't made Grokking the World's new captains Abbie & Ryan so I fixed the scoresheets, weekly scores, and team rankings but was afraid I'd run out of time editing the post to fix the narrative. I don't know how I missed that as many times as I checked the scoresheets before posting them!

I am definitely NOT going to do team replacements like this in the future. It's too difficult to keep up with changes. Usually, I designate one week in the middle of hte show's season to make team changes so that anyone who is going to make changes makes them all at once. I'll stick to doing it that way in my pools.

Woops, I messed up the highest and lowest weekly scores, too. I was looking at the Team Rankings, not the Weekly Scores when I typed my post. The Shady Brow got the highest weekly score.

Also, the contestant scores on the results post are off by one point. I used the results from last week as a template and changed around the team names, not thinking that since there was one more team last week, everyone scored one point higher. James & Abba earned 13 points this week, Abbie & Ryan earned 12 points, etc.

All the scores on the scoresheets are correct. It's only my results post that got goofed up. So I guess martin4au is off ratcatcher patrol with the Bickersons. I'll put myself on it instead for messing up this week's results and promise to do better next week.

Mhhh... I have been questioning my choice of Gary and Will ever since the ice block challenge, but when I back a team I back them to the end. I am quite chuffed to see three of my teams in the top four this weekd and had hoped for a NEL these last two episodes. I would like to exercise my lifeline and drop Gary and Will, and pick up Rob and Kelley.

Rob and Kelley were my "fifth team" from the get-go, but Rob is starting to p*ss me off. He keeps telling people that they are costing him a million dollars. Does he think these people really care? They probably make far, far less at their jobs and get by one way or another.

Well, Gary & will are gone....3 teams left! Let's hope Trey & Lexi pick it up and James & Abba keep up the pace! The twins are still strong, too!

Ok, Evande! I got your changes made so you're all set for next week. Gary and Will dropped, Rob and Kelley added.

+ Reply to Thread