+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Natalie and Nadiya - TAR 21

FORT Fanatic

Re: Natalie and Nadiya - TAR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Interview: Natalie & Nadiya talk The Amazing Race

HitFix: You guys did say on last night's episode "We've always been evil. We've never been nice." How much of that was serious and how much was all part of a joke or character?

Natalie: That whole conversation, Josh, Brent, Nadiya and I were just hysterically laughing and sitting around watching, because so much more was said that was so funny. For us it was just funny. But it true that even from the start, we never pretended that we were the "nice" team on the Race. We weren't Josh & Brent. Josh and Brent are so nice. Even on the final Leg, if Brent said something mean, Josh would be like, "That's not nice." Me and Nadiya are not like that. Just from the start, we were the bullies and the crazy people and we owned it. We never pretended to not be.

Natalie: Me and Nadiya, we found money. We didn't steal it, although a lot fans like it dub it as stealing so they can have something to b**** about, but me and Nadiya found the money fair and square and we OKed it with production, kept it and shared it because we found it with another team. We felt bad for Trey & Lexi because they were so much more sensitive than Nadiya and I when it comes to how people treat them and comment on stuff on Facebook. Me and Nadiya are much more thick-skinned. The only people that I care about know me as a person outside of the Race and we know that competing in "The Amazing Race" is different from real life. The people who find it difficult to separate the two are the people that have a huge problem with it and I really don't care what they think.

These two amused me
    Me too! I enjoyed them. Authenticity has to count for something!

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD View Post
    It sure does.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD View Post
    Even is someone's authentically an a-hole?
    Tilden likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I blame production, especially given where this happened. They knew it made for good, but bad TV.
    I can't entirely blame production, as I am fairly certain there have been contestants in the past--and probably this season as well--who, even if production approved it, would not have kept the money. For some, it likely would never have even come to a decision by production, because they would have alerted the Rockers to the problem without a second thought. And even if production said it was okay to keep the money, it was ultimately the Twinnies' choice to do so. What was production going to do if they chose to give it back? Kick them off the race for being honest?

I would hope production would think long and hard about this particular rule and consider changing it, because one of the things I've always liked about AR is that there was less game play involved in it than a lot of reality shows, and that it really was more about who did the best at the individual tasks. Some luck might be involved in some of the tasks, but that was about it. I don't want it to become Survivor on the Road. I watch Survivor too, but it's a different game, and I prefer AR's actual rules to Survivor's lack thereof--and it's good that they're different, since all reality shows being too similar would become dull.
    Florimel, justCoz and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I can't entirely blame production, as I am fairly certain there have been contestants in the past--and probably this season as well--who, even if production approved it, would not have kept the money. For some, it likely would never have even come to a decision by production, because they would have alerted the Rockers to the problem without a second thought. And even if production said it was okay to keep the money, it was ultimately the Twinnies' choice to do so. What was production going to do if they chose to give it back? Kick them off the race for being honest?

I would hope production would think long and hard about this particular rule and consider changing it, because one of the things I've always liked about AR is that there was less game play involved in it than a lot of reality shows, and that it really was more about who did the best at the individual tasks. Some luck might be involved in some of the tasks, but that was about it. I don't want it to become Survivor on the Road. I watch Survivor too, but it's a different game, and I prefer AR's actual rules to Survivor's lack thereof--and it's good that they're different, since all reality shows being too similar would become dull.
    I guess we must agree to disagree . No worries, who the heck would everyone of hated this season. I think AR knew .

On to the next
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm watching their season again.

It's a pretty good season. A great cast and I'm enjoying it more the second time around.

Natalie/Nadiya had their bad moments but at times they're funny as well. Very unique and also entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm watching their season again.

It's a pretty good season. A great cast and I'm enjoying it more the second time around.

Natalie/Nadiya had their bad moments but at times they're funny as well. Very unique and also entertaining.
    I agree.I will take them over Pinky any day
    JohnnyK likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123