+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jenn & Jack (TAR4 Virtual Team)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Jenn & Jack (TAR4 Virtual Team)

The Amazing Race Adventures of Jennifer and Jack

Jennifer (aka Bravo Fan) and Jack (aka Lobeck) make up this season's virtual team and the second to participate in an Amazing Race series.

If you were a fan of TAR3, you may have followed the adventures of Jennifer and Tracey, the first ever virtual team to participate in The Amazing Race. This season, the virtual team has had a bit of a change. But you'll have to wait for the journal to start to find out how all this came about!

Jenn and Jack will spend a lot of time this season competing and hanging out at their favorite website www.fansofrealitytv.com (the FORT for short) sharing their Amazing Race experiences with members and guests of the site each week. Both are avid fans of reality TV, and Jenn's admiration for Jerry Bruckheimer is well documented at "The FORT." With their vast knowledge and expertise of game strategy and tactics used in reality TV shows, Jenn and Jack are sure to go far.

Q & A with the Virtual Team:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Jennifer: Pretty limited before TAR3. Having traveled extensively with Tracey in that series will definitely be an advantage.
    Jack: Fairly extensive. I've lived in Canada on two separate occasions. I've also traveled to most of western Europe as well as Egypt, Israel, and China.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Jennifer: Overcoming the language and currency barriers, and navigating unfamiliar cities under the stress of a timed race.
    Jack: Just trying to find your way around a place when you're not familiar with the area and/or the language.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Jennifer: My Swiss Army SwissCard. It’s got everything we’ll need – watch out MacGuyver!
    Jack: My pocket atlas. I figure with something like that, it'll be hard for us to get really lost.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Jennifer: It’s a great opportunity to travel on CBS’s dime. (and Phil is just too sexy to resist) Plus I enjoyed TAR3 so much I couldn’t say no.
    Jack: Are you kidding? To travel around the world and not have to pay for it…who wouldn't want to do that? Plus, as a huge fan of the show, I was dying to participate myself!

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    You’ll have to tune in during the series to find out the answer to this one.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Jennifer: Coming in last and getting sent to sequesterville. That would certainly be disappointing.
    Jack: Being the first one sent to Sequesterville.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Jennifer: I’m athletic and adventurous. I’ll try anything once –that’s probably the strength and the weakness.
    Jack: I'm pretty sociable, so I don't really have a problem talking to strangers. That could really come in handy if we get lost, need directions, or whatever.

What languages do you speak?
    Jennifer: English of course, and a little bit of Spanish. For instance I can say “yes”, “no”, and “Juan can swim in the ocean.” That should come in handy.
    Jack: English, French, and a bit of Spanish. Oh, and I can say "thank you" in Chinese.

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Jennifer: Fiji and New Zealand. They looked awesome in Eco-Challenge. I love Italy so that would be nice. And I’ve never been to Spain, but would love it.
    Jack: Of the places I've never been, definitely Australia and New Zealand. Of the places I've visited before, I'd love to go back to France.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Jennifer: Wow. Probably England just because the language would not be a barrier.
    Jack: Probably England or France…or anywhere that English or French is spoken.

Stay tuned to Fans of Reality TV, where Jennifer and Jack will provide weekly updates of their adventures and experiences in The Amazing Race 4!
    Last edited by BravoFan; 05-23-2003 at 01:59 PM.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Jennifer: My Swiss Army SwissCard. It’s got everything we’ll need – watch out MacGuyver!
    Jack: My pocket atlas. I figure with something like that, it'll be hard for us to get really lost.

Love Mcgyver, and since I'm always lost Jacks answer is logical +20

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    You’ll have to tune in during the series to find out the answer to this one.

Ahhh, mystery, suspense....+15

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Jennifer: Coming in last and getting sent to sequesterville. That would certainly be disappointing.
    Jack: Being the first one sent to Sequesterville.

This is what people should fear+15

What languages do you speak?
    Jennifer: English of course, and a little bit of Spanish. For instance I can say “yes”, “no”, and “Juan can swim in the ocean.” That should come in handy.
    Jack: English, French, and a bit of Spanish. Oh, and I can say "thank you" in Chinese.

HAHAHA, I just hope she doesn't need to know how to say Juan is drowning in the ocean +15

woo hoo! Jenn and Jack are in the lead with 65 "I like them on paper" points!!!

Can't wait to read the journals.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

All right! The virtual team is revved and ready to rumble!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Woohoo, this team has stormed to the top of the "Paper Points" table.

Good luck guys
    "That's Numberwang!"

Jenn was great last season, but I'm not sure Jack has what it takes - I predict a Flo-sized meltdown.

JR.

I don't know if you can reach a Flo meltdown.

Fade to black
    OK, for us Amazing Race newbies, please explain "Flo sized meltdown" for me.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Sorry, Flo was the co-winner of last season. At one point, she curled up in a fetal position in the bottom of a boat, and bawled in between saying "I quit" over and over again. She never let up on our poor Zach, her partner, who was like a placid Japanese rock garden in the hurricane of Flo-ness. It was pretty bad.

Imagine this scene:

Flo: Zach, I can't breathe here in Switzerland, carry my bag in addition to your own, okay?
    Zach: Sure, Flo, whatever you want.
    Flo: Dammit Zach, hurry up! Why can't you go as fast as me? We're going to lose! Run, Zach, run!

That's pretty much Flo.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    So John....you think Jack can get out a "Jeeeeennnnnnn" in a voice that will make your ears bleed?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast