+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jenn & Jack (TAR4 Virtual Team)

Can't wait to read Team FORT's dispatches from the front lines.

Wow, I'm a huge fan of TAR in all its incarnations but I have no idea what you are talking about with the Virtual Team! Is this something CBS sponsors or just a FORT thing? Do they actually compete in anything? And where can I find evidence of it during TAR3 (i.e. "Jennifer and Tracey")?

Excuse my ignorance, but if someone could please explain this concept, I'd appreciate it!

:
    It's over for this season but PLEASE give us more of
    THE AMAZING RACE!!!
    Please Please Please CBS - give us TAR5!!!!!!!
    I The Amazing R A C E !

Hi TARmaniac

The Virtual team was born last season on the fort. You can find the journals of our board participants HERE in the recaps, journals and interviews links thread.

Just like last season with Jenn and Tracey, Jenn and Jack won't actually be traveling, but after reading their journals you will be sure that they were there and just never got any airtime

They are a fun read, enjoy catching up!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hey TarManiac! Yep, Cali pretty much summed it up.

Myself and LurkingGirl (aka "Jenn and Tracey") participated "virtually" last year. Tracey will be unable to participate in TAR4 (you can see the reasons in the last entry from TAR3 in my signature link below).

It is strictly for entertainment purposes, and we were not REALLY there traveling with them although I would be willing to pay CBS to let me!

But we had a blast doing it and I'm sure Lobeck (aka Jack) will have fun too! I hope you enjoy it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Thanks for the help, folks. I read a few of the entries and they were very entertaining. (Not to mention detailed and long - too long for me to read all of them here at work!) Look forward to reading this year's entries. It's so interesting to see how one's prelimary impressions/predictions square with the reality of the race and who succeeds. That's part of what makes the race so....AMAZING!

Just over 53 hours and counting...
    It's over for this season but PLEASE give us more of
    THE AMAZING RACE!!!
    Please Please Please CBS - give us TAR5!!!!!!!
    I The Amazing R A C E !

Fade to black
    I hope Jack and Jenn get their pink cake and eat it too.

Sorry, John... bad joke.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

LG.
    Oh, I can't wait to read the juicy details about why Tracey has dropped out of the race.

Go Jenn and Jack!!!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by BravoFan

It is strictly for entertainment purposes, and we were not REALLY there traveling with them although I would be willing to pay CBS to let me!

But we had a blast doing it and I'm sure Lobeck (aka Jack) will have fun too! I hope you enjoy it.
    I can't understand why CBS decided to be so stingy and not passed around the hat for you two to tag along.

They were undoubtedly afraid that you would steal everybody's thunder by winning the "Race." Damn their hides!

Looking forward to virtual traveling with you both.

Don't forget the sunscreen!

Just out of curiousity, since I wasn't a FORT member last season... how soon after an episode does the virtual team's journal go up? No rush guys, just wondering!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    It depends Sky. I'd say it can be any time from Friday to Monday depending on the week. Those pit stops can be pretty busy you know.

Thanks for asking, though. I hope you enjoy it when we do get it posted.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast