+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Well, that was the best possible winner of the final 4 so I'm satisfied. I would have loved to see Brendon and Rachel pass BP just because I know it would have killed them to come in after her, but seeing Art sliding off the sled over and over again was a nice consolation prize. AND having Vanessa and Ralph go out 4th was pleasing. There goes the lovable F4 team theory. Brendon was as much to blame as Rachel for overlooking the 'go by foot' part of their clue since we saw her read it out on camera and she absolutely read it correctly. Stupid mistake on both their parts, and seeing as how Rachel didn't seem to have much trouble sliding down the hill on the sled, and if Team Army made the same mistake and had to backtrack, there's every reason to think B/R would have won. Oh well, no skin off my nose. I didn't hate them but I don't care for them either so hopefully they will disappear from reality tv from here on out.

ETA: the funniest part of the show for me, well funny as in eyeroll can you believe this? was when BP were shouting at their driver to follow Rachel and Dave's cab in Hawaii, and how upset they were when they lost them. Hey, BP, remember when you were incensed you guys were when accusing B/R of being so pathetic they would just follow the lead team without working out a clue or location for themselves (even when there was only 1 road in Africa and there was no other route to take!). How'd that plan work for you guys? Or is it only cheating when someone else does it?

That was karma at it's finest.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 05-07-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I already can't wait for next season. Or at least just for the teams to be revealed.
    NCLurker and sweetpea like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My thoughts on the final and in general regaring the show (should the latter happen):

that said,

4. Looking at her ankle, I have a feeling that had they still managed to beat Art and JJ to the pit stop in the leg before the finale, they'd been medically eliminated because there is no way Vaness would've been able to continue to run on THAT bad of an ankle, nor been able to do any of the final leg challenges without risking permanant damage.

I guess I didn't really have as bad of an impression about Vanessa as everyone else did. She ran hot and cold, like a lot of people do in the race and didn't get along with BB Rachel, but I really didn't hate her as much as most I guess. I really felt truly bad for her at the Japanese Game Show. She could not have picked a worse challange to do if she had written it herself. I have sprained my ankle very badly (to the point of crutches) several times and I couldn't even put my foot to the floor, let alone RUN on it. Everytime she fell off and rolled her ankle, I thought it was just going to snap and I was cringing every time. I noticed when they showed the racers clapping as R/D were running to the finish line that Vanessa appeared to have a splint or aircast or something on it. I do admire the tenacity to finish that (the same shown in the watermelon stacking challenge) and also kudos to Ralph for trying to get her to stop.

On another note, I am happy that Rachel won- it seemed all the hardest tasks she ended up doing and not Dave. My only hope for them is that when they watch it back together he realizes what a total jerk he was to her and apologizes and changes his ways.

''ETA: the funniest part of the show for me, well funny as in eyeroll can you believe this? was when BP were shouting at their driver to follow Rachel and Dave's cab in Hawaii, and how upset they were when they lost them. Hey, BP, remember when you were incensed you guys were when accusing B/R of being so pathetic they would just follow the lead team without working out a clue or location for themselves (even when there was only 1 road in Africa and there was no other route to take!). How'd that plan work for you guys? Or is it only cheating when someone else does it?

That was karma at it's finest."

Too bad I was not about to suffer Brenden and Rachel to watch this season. Thank goodness they did not win.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am happy with the outcome Dave and Rachael ran a great race from start to finish

Boy Art and JJ were nipping at their heels at one point. I was shocked it was R&D that missed something .BUT I am really really pleased BB were 3rd.

Rachael from BB sure did cry a lot of this last leg.I bet she is still crying about it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow, that was an amazing finale! Didn't care all that much for Dave and Rachel but they certainly deserved the win, having to go all the way back on those paddleboards and complete the roadblock. Can't beieve there were two mess-ups like that - BB with the "on foot" thing and them missing the RB. Guess Art and JJ shouldn't have assumed they were out of it, they certainly had enough of a head start. I didn't have any problem with them, personally, but have to agree with the "karma" post when they counted on their cabbie to follow the other guy.

Maybe I'll show my age but did anyone else think of "Kids in the Hall" when Rachel was watching the BP coming down the tower, and made like she was pinching them?! Now I've got, "I'm crushing your head" stuck in MY head!!! lol
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Wow, that was an amazing finale! Didn't care all that much for Dave and Rachel but they certainly deserved the win, having to go all the way back on those paddleboards and complete the roadblock. Can't beieve there were two mess-ups like that - BB with the "on foot" thing and them missing the RB. Guess Art and JJ shouldn't have assumed they were out of it, they certainly had enough of a head start. I didn't have any problem with them, personally, but have to agree with the "karma" post when they counted on their cabbie to follow the other guy.

Maybe I'll show my age but did anyone else think of "Kids in the Hall" when Rachel was watching the BP coming down the tower, and made like she was pinching them?! Now I've got, "I'm crushing your head" stuck in MY head!!! lol
    I loved that whole crush your head thing! LOL I thought the very same thing.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Damn, I really wanted Brenchel to win, but I'm fine with Dave and Rachel winning since they were so dominant through the entire race!
    And props to Blonde Rachel, she kicked a** in the last roadblock, which ensure their win. Actually Blonde Rachel, is a very good competitor she was really good at all the challenges.
    I'm actually neutral with BP, I don't like them, but then I don't dislike them, although I REALLY wanted Brenchel to beat them, that would have been good tv.

And now, I'm kicking myself, because I was going to pick team army to win it all for a bet, but then I picked the twins instead, because I was thinking, I think team army will have the same fate as the snowboarders at the end. LOL

Anyways it was a good season, I look forward to the next one.
    Allie likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I was hoping they would surprise me by not having a winner at all, but this is the next best thing.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread