+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

And best of all BB comes in 3rd place ! Now Rachel can go and patch up her top and all the sequins that must of fallen off. They just prove that there is someone for everyone.
    Longhornfan likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Chilltown on next season plz and be first cross-over team winners <3

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Chilltown on next season plz and be first cross-over team winners <3
    Please NO! I for one do not want to see Booger ever again. As for Dr. Will, while I really enjoyed him on BB, I don't think that AR is for him. Last I saw of him, he had a bit too much Botox and was looking rather bloated. I don't know that he would be physically able to keep up with the riggors of the race and I want to remember him at his evil best.
    GabbyG, FlyAKite and Moontat like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

At first it looked like a foregone conclusion that Rachel and Dave would win, they forgot to do the road block, go back and do it and still win! It was quite obvious that the sled task was going to be easier for a small woman, but watching Art slide into the mud over and over again was hilarious. I hope someone makes a video of every run down that hill.

Was an exciting 20 minutes that's for sure. Rachel totally deserved that win!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yay. Anyone remember the Japanese game show in season 15 where they had to spin the wheel and eat wasabi?
    Yes, and the ones who didn't get the Wasabi bomb had to eat regular sushi, so some people were getting quite full by then. It was also the first leg, and I think because of the situation they chose to make it a NEL.

I thought for sure the team I was rooting for would not win again. Happily they - really she! won. Rachel had such a good spirit throughout. I love how she doesn't take Dave's stuff he's always spewing out at her.

How funny was the guy judging that last task. He was cracking up at Rachel and then his little happy dance later.

As much as I didn't want Vanessa to win I did feel sorry for her having to do that challenge on that ankle. How great were the Japanese audience. Laughing at all the screw-ups but then changing to cheering when they realized what was happening with Vanessa.

Will someone with a better memory than me remind me who won seven legs of the race. It seems I should be able to remember but I don't.
    sclilred1, Longhornfan and Babbred like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I thought so too, JunkieGirl. The sled task wasn't too fair in that sense.

Yes, and the ones who didn't get the Wasabi bomb had to eat regular sushi, so some people were getting quite full by then. It was also the first leg, and I think because of the situation they chose to make it a NEL.
    It was the same season that had the starting line elimination, so I think that's why they had the pit stop at the end of the leg be a NEL as one team already left.

My thoughts on the final and in general regaring the show (should the latter happen):

1. Rachel and Dave are indeed now the record holders for the most first places in a leg...

Unfortunately they now hold the dubious honor of also being the first team every to be turned away at the finish line to complete a roadblock...

And in turn hold the record for being the first team to be turned away, do the roadblock and STILL win the game.

(But you know they'll only mention the first one ).

2. I would've prefered a reverse of the second and third place finishes myself, because while Rachel and Brendon could be (OK were) whiny, they never wanted people to do their dirty work for them and then get mad when people realized it was an individual race. I could also understand Rachel being as upset as she was in regard to placing behind the BP because seh really did go and kick some butt to get so close to passing them.

3. If Vanessa had this tough attitude as she did in the chicken run and sucked it up instead of whine, they'd been in the final three over the border patrol I think. In spite of her rather ugly comments this season, I really truly felt bad for her to have to run that road block with the injured ankle. Was also impressed she did it, as I was that even blockhead Ralph put his priorities right and told her to not continue. Vanessa is of course that stubborn and egoistical to continue; however, you have to give him kudos for telling her that.

that said,

4. Looking at her ankle, I have a feeling that had they still managed to beat Art and JJ to the pit stop in the leg before the finale, they'd been medically eliminated because there is no way Vaness would've been able to continue to run on THAT bad of an ankle, nor been able to do any of the final leg challenges without risking permanant damage.

5. I loved the Japan challenges. It was nice to see a season where they really didn't have any truly gross food or too much food challenges. The Sushi Bingo did confuse me at points (i.e. did the teams only have to eat the Bingo, every single piece that was on the card -though I'd done that anyway as it was extra food and therefore more energy, or each time someone got a bingo - even if it wasn't them), but it was a fun detour. I was surprised though the photo challenge was the better of the two long term though.

6. Loved how Army wife Rachel rubbed Bopper's head - as did a few others. I think that people were quite surprised that he did it and looks pretty good with the buzz cut (though his normal hairstyle I feel is better). It STILL makes me mad that the Bollywood director declared that 10th dance attempt of Mark's a fail for such a miniscule error at the very end of the dance. Had he approved it, the team wouldn't have been as far behind and they might've beaten the Border Patrol, Mark would've been in better health, and the might've been in the final three.

All in all, I felt the season was pretty good, and we at least had overall strong competitors in the final five, even if a couple were very irritating. The winners were deserving, especially with the way their final leg ended, and hopefully next season we'll have a few more teams like Team Kentucky who remember the more important things in life and to enjoy the experience while competiting. You dont' have to be so focused on the game that you can't enjoy the experience, and they proved that.
    Moontat, Midol and Babbred like this.

I am happy with the outcome because Rachel absolutely beasted the entire race. Dave should bow down before her and beg her forgiveness for being such an overbearing lout.

Poor Art. If he had straightened his arms and legs out completely on the sled instead of bending his knees and making himself even wider he probably would have had better success.
    JunkieGirl, jucamer and Babbred like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    As much as I didn't want Vanessa to win I did feel sorry for her having to do that challenge on that ankle. How great were the Japanese audience. Laughing at all the screw-ups but then changing to cheering when they realized what was happening with Vanessa.
    One thing I remember in "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" (ABC) was that the audience was the same way - they'd laugh at how the Americans competed on the show, but they also would turn around and cheer/give support to the players who were having trouble or fighting really hard to win the challenge. I personally find many of the gameshows they have quite fun to watch because they're not only ludicrous overall, they are very supportive of the players, treat all of them with respect, and when a player loses, they have fun even if they lose (The show above... the players were carried out by the Sayonara crew... and every player laughed as they were carried out).
    sclilred1 and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread