+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I was very happy that Dave and Rachel won the million dollars, as well as the order in which BP and BB both finished the race. I believe that blonde Rachel might be my favorite competitor to ever run the Amazing Race too. She was unbelievable in every task that she was asked to complete, and she had a great attitude throughout the entire race. And as for Dave, I hope that when he watched himself on tv that he realized that he needs to work on some things.

However, I am willing to cut Dave some slack since I have no idea what it is like to serve in the military, much less serve in a war zone. And I have always heard that the adjustment period for these soldiers (once they have been through a war) can be very hard for them and their families. So, Dave deserves my "thanks" for his service to this country. And I wish the best for him and Rachel. They both ran a good race and deserved the win.
    Well said .She was cute little thing, but boy did she work .I will always remember those hay bales! congrats to them both
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I was surprised that every team in the Final 3 made a significant error. Due to all of the errors, it really was anyone's game, so that made the finale a little more exciting.
    I was also surprised that there was no "recap the race" type of challenge in the final leg.
    Of the final 3 teams, I guess it was nice that the military family won the prize. The prize money should definitely help them make ends meet going forward.
    Loved the chicken challenge!!
    I am already going into Amazing Raze withdrawl... when does the next season start????
    Moontat and Photobabe like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I was also surprised that there was no "recap the race" type of challenge in the final leg.
    That's right, there wasn't! I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it. Maybe they thought the dummies playing this season would never get the order straight so they decided to skip it.

I didn't like the game show challenge. It seemed pretty sadistic to me. I don't enjoy watching people trip and fall. I even felt sympathy for Vanessa, knowing how much pain she was in from her ankle injury and then having to do that challenge on top of it. I wouldn't be able to run as fast as those treadmills were flying.

The sushi challenge was so confusing! I would have skipped it because I wouldn't have understood how to play it and I don't like sushi. I haven't a clue what the different types of sushi are.
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.

The sushi challenge was so confusing! I would have skipped it because I wouldn't have understood how to play it and I don't like sushi. I haven't a clue what the different types of sushi are.
    I love sushi, I didn't understand that at all .Art or JJ said they needed a U and one was sitting on their board..I found it very confusing, but I would have eaten more than just 5 pieces.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I have to disagree. Mark never did get the dance right. It looked to me like they finally let him pass because they felt sorry for him, they were afraid he was going to drop dead from heat exhaustion, or the other dancers were getting tired from doing it over and over and wanted to go home. I know he tried his best but he still clearly made errors on his last attempt.
    That's pretty much what I felt at the time, too. And as much as I loved them, I honestly don't think they could have handled the finale, especially the first leg. The chicken challenge was tough on all of them--remember how even the BG looked exhausted? I think either Bopper with his bad knee or Mark coming off his heat sickness would have been in real trouble. We probably would have ended up with another situation a la Vanessa.

And yes, even though she was nasty at times, I felt genuinely sorry for her, too. I can't imagine trying to push yourself through that kind of pain, and kudos to Ralph for trying to make her stop. I'm also glad they took it so well after getting eliminated.

Was not unhappy to see BB end up last. In fact, I cheered when Art finally completed the challenge and the BG's left ahead of BB. The latter already have their money, they drove me nuts throughout this whole show, and the only place I hope I ever see them again is on the cover of a tabloid so I can simply ignore them.

Longhorn said:

...I am willing to cut Dave some slack since I have no idea what it is like to serve in the military, much less serve in a war zone. And I have always heard that the adjustment period for these soldiers (once they have been through a war) can be very hard for them and their families. So, Dave deserves my "thanks" for his service to this country. And I wish the best for him and Rachel. They both ran a good race and deserved the win.
    And remember that Rachel said through her tears that because Dave was posted to such a sensitive area, they couldn't even communicate? Good heavens above, no wonder they're having some difficulty now. I can't even imagine how they got through that with their marriage intact. I was very happy to see them win and break the record, because they certainly deserved it. I wish them all the best and hope they can stay together.

Ah, Japanese game shows--you either love them or hate them. I happen to love them. Somebody mentioned that old ABC show "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." I used to love watching that show, because all it was all in good fun. Like it said in the earlier post, even the losing contestants were usually laughing their heads off as they were carried off by the Sayonara men.
    sclilred1 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think we didn't see what happened when Rachel took another look at the clue while they were in the cab. I think the reason she was so pissed with Brendon is that they had to turn around to point of origin then cross the field to the helicopters. Since it was the final leg and they were third, they wouldn't have incurred a penalty at the mat if they had taken the cab all the way (a block?) to their destination. IF they had traveled by foot and not wasted time, there is a good chance they would have beaten BP to the mat.

No one was going to beat team Army. They were that good. Can you imagine how tired Rachel was using arm strength to climb the building, then paddleboard, then paddleboard again, then bowl, then paddleboard again. I'm surprised she could raise her arms at the Mat. CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM ON A RACE WELL RUN!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Next to the hippies, that was one my favourite endings to AR ever! I've always adored Rachel and I think she knows how to handle Dave just right... they were made for each other, and obviously meant to win the race. This really was Rachel's leg... Dave was ready to hop in a cab when she pointed out they had to go "on foot" and she killed it at the roadblock. I hope when he watches it back, he really gains a deep understanding for what a fantastic wife he has.

I felt kind of bad for Art trying to make it down on that slide, and he did it correctly (unlike redhead Rachel, who kept using touching her feet off the ground so she wouldn't tip over). I only wish it had been JJ doing that roadblock, since he was the bigger baby of the two, and was saying how it was himself who should have done it. Please.

Redhead Rachel is so annoying! She was the one who read the clue out loud about going "on foot" and she gets mad at Brendon? Then, refusing to run to the helicopter? She just gave up, and sulked and whined as usual. I don't know why Brendon is marrying this idjit. He was continually the voice of reason but she decided to have a temper tantrum rather than run to the helicopter. I wonder what the time lapse was because there was definitely some breathing room because of the mistake Dave and Rachel made. I'm with those who never want to see these two again.

And, yes, Rachel (of Rachel and Dave) is one of the best racers to have ever run the race!
    GabbyG, sclilred1, rfromp and 3 others like this.

Hi guys - I don't usually post on this thread, since I don't watch the show. But, I do live in Wisconsin and one of my co-workers is very good friends with Rachel and Dave. Thought I'd spill just a bit This may be no secret, but Vanessa is supposedly an even bigger be-yotch then how they portrayed her. Apparently, Rachel thought she didn't get too bad of an edit! Ralph dumped her pretty much right after they got off the plane. Ralph, who my co-worker also met, is supposedly a great guy - as are Mark and Bopper (she spoke with them on the phone). Brendan and Rachel are pretty much what you see is what you get. Rachel has her whiney moments, then gets over it and all is fine. The fitness guys were supposedly arrogant jerks, and the clowns were just "strange."

Rachel and Dave are very happily together, and their friends laugh at the editing. Apparently it was a real lesson. If TPTB are looking for a couple who is in a "will they or won't they" make it stage, they will make sure the edit keeps the story going. I mean, these guys are pretty much racing all day long, then it gets whittled down to a one hour show....divided amongst all the couples. So for all of them, you're seeing litereally minutes out of an entire, stress filled day. I thought it was interesting to learn that each couple has their own sound guy and camera team that follows them around during the entire race...though I guess that makes sense. R/D got pretty close with their crew. Anyway, as I said, this isn't a show I watch, but it was definitely fun getting some "inside scoop." Now if I could just find someone who knows someone on Big Brother....
    holly71, waywyrd, GabbyG and 9 others like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Thanks Katydid! Love to hear "the inside scoop" Maybe you could ask your co worker to let Rachel & Dave know about the FORT. They have a lot of fans here. Well, Rachel does!
    Moontat likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

If you notice at the final mat, when the BP came in and told they were 2nd and Phil was trying to talk to them, you could see the short one fuming. Talk about sore losers.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread