+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Yes this was a better finale than that of last season. Amarcus being screwed over by a stupid flight simulator.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was so happy Nasty Vanessa was the first team out! I was able to watch the second half of the finale ok with whichever team might win. I'm glad Rachel and Dave won since they have been in the lead most of the race. They ran a smart game compared to some of the other teams and fully deserved their win.
    Moontat likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

This is one of the best seasons in recent years. I really enjoyed every bit of it. My thoughts:

1. Team Army deserved the win. I'd love to see them in an all star season against Cheyene and his woman to see who would dominate more since they were one of the previous record holders. I honestly don't dislike Dave at all the way some of you seem to. I think his demeanor is just very military. He wants to have everything in a certain way and when it isn't, it drives him nuts. I also think he's used to getting on his peers when they mess up and it just carried over to his wife. Pure battlefield mentality (and he saw the race as a battlefield for sure) and nothing more.

2. I wish Big Brother had beaten Border Patrol. I started out liking BP but their arrogance got to me. They did a very nice thing for Kentucky and I will always respect that. But as respectful as they were in that, they were disgustingly disrespectful to other teams, especially Big Brother. You don't have to like them but don't disrespect their competitiveness. They are true competitors to the core. Yes Rachel wears her emotions on her sleeve and when she struggles it drives her nuts because of her competitive nature. I personally like that about her. I don't find her very annoying at all.

3. Glad to see "Conan and Kardashian" eliminated before the final 3. I laughed when BP called them that. Vanessa is petty and spiteful and I think she let preconceived notions of Rachel prevent her from giving Rachel a fair chance. I also hated her from day 1 because of her "stalker" comment. She took a lot of pride in trying to take someone else's husband. I have zero respect for that. So good riddance to bad rubbish.

4. I wish Kentucky had been at the end. Bollywood guy was way too hard on them. I think he was harder on them than any other team. I hope they get another chance on All Stars. And I have no doubt that if there was an America's Choice that they'd win by a landslide.

5. I thought the twins would do better than they did. Sucks for the musician who has strung his share of guitars to go out on a music challenge where his brother was stringing better than him. I thought they were really positive and likable. I wish they'd made it further.

Dave and Rachel deserved the win if for no other reason than they bounced back from a major league screw up. I love them. They are one of my favorite teams ever on the Race. I'd love to see them return on all stars. A dream season would be teaming them up against several of the other champs. The lawyers who won season 1 are still my favorite winners. Joyce and Uchenna rocked too. Cheyene and his woman and Chip and Reichen are awesome too. But I think Team Army are a clear 3rd for me. And the only reason they rank behind J/U is that Joyce shaved her head! That is a competitive woman with strength of 10 men.
    Arielflies and sparklete like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ETA: the funniest part of the show for me, well funny as in eyeroll can you believe this? was when BP were shouting at their driver to follow Rachel and Dave's cab in Hawaii, and how upset they were when they lost them. Hey, BP, remember when you were incensed you guys were when accusing B/R of being so pathetic they would just follow the lead team without working out a clue or location for themselves (even when there was only 1 road in Africa and there was no other route to take!). How'd that plan work for you guys? Or is it only cheating when someone else does it?

That was karma at it's finest.
    I was among those whose jaw dropped when they kept yelling, "Follow that cab . . . " Oh, the irony.
    Moontat and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I was among those whose jaw dropped when they kept yelling, "Follow that cab . . . " Oh, the irony.
    If they had only acknowledged the hypocrisy of it. But you'd have to have at least some self-awareness to do that.
    AZChristian likes this.

I wish Kentucky had been at the end. Bollywood guy was way too hard on them. I think he was harder on them than any other team. I hope they get another chance on All Stars. And I have no doubt that if there was an America's Choice that they'd win by a landslide.
    I think the last leg was pretty hard .I don't know if they would have won. I missed them

It was GREAT to see BB taking a cab when they should have walked. Of course who gets the blame? Brendon .I am so happy she is off my TV!!
    Florimel and sunshine3331 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I wish Kentucky had been at the end. Bollywood guy was way too hard on them. I think he was harder on them than any other team.
    I have to disagree. Mark never did get the dance right. It looked to me like they finally let him pass because they felt sorry for him, they were afraid he was going to drop dead from heat exhaustion, or the other dancers were getting tired from doing it over and over and wanted to go home. I know he tried his best but he still clearly made errors on his last attempt.
    Photobabe, Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I have to disagree. Mark never did get the dance right. It looked to me like they finally let him pass because they felt sorry for him, they were afraid he was going to drop dead from heat exhaustion, or the other dancers were getting tired from doing it over and over and wanted to go home. I know he tried his best but he still clearly made errors on his last attempt.
    Hate to admit it but I agree with you. I don't think he ever completed the task as well as blonde Rachel did. I think the judge finally (whether he was told to or not) just gave them a pity pass.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was GREAT to see BB taking a cab when they should have walked. Of course who gets the blame? Brendon .I am so happy she is off my TV!!
    When the commercial came on, we rewound to see if we could figure out what happened. She read the clue, and then when they got to the cab, Brendan got in...and she followed.

I give major props to Team Army. While his military-ness drove me nuts (her, too, from what I could tell, but she also had fun with it), they deserved that win.

I just wish BB had beaten BP to the finish line.
    sweetpea and Photobabe like this.

I was very happy that Dave and Rachel won the million dollars, as well as the order in which BP and BB both finished the race. I believe that blonde Rachel might be my favorite competitor to ever run the Amazing Race too. She was unbelievable in every task that she was asked to complete, and she had a great attitude throughout the entire race. And as for Dave, I hope that when he watched himself on tv that he realized that he needs to work on some things.

However, I am willing to cut Dave some slack since I have no idea what it is like to serve in the military, much less serve in a war zone. And I have always heard that the adjustment period for these soldiers (once they have been through a war) can be very hard for them and their families. So, Dave deserves my "thanks" for his service to this country. And I wish the best for him and Rachel. They both ran a good race and deserved the win.

+ Reply to Thread