Re: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Maybe Vanessa is auditioning for Bachelor Pad :p
    Nooooooooo! LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Interesting show. I was really hoping JJ & Art were going to miss out on the ferry and Bopper & Mark would've beaten them. Oh well. Sad to say Bopper looks a lot older with his head shaved.

I couldn't believe Vanessa started in on Brendon & Rachel at the mat. Seriously? Would the guy have given them the clue if they hadn't done the 15 loads? She should've known better. It just made her look petty. And then when she made the statement again about Rachel's getting her nose done before her boobs, that just made her look cruel. I really hope B & R make it further along than Vanessa and Ralph. I don't want to see someone that ugly win.

Also, I found it interesting that Art & JJ imitated Dave and how he treats Rachel. While I know they're still bitter about the U-turn, for them to say all that stuff shows me that it's not just selective editing that makes Dave look that way. I really hope Rachel is taking a good, hard look at their relationship while watching these shows. I mean, he doesn't even kiss her on the lips!
    march, Allie and Moontat like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Interesting show. I was really hoping JJ & Art were going to miss out on the ferry and Bopper & Mark would've beaten them. Oh well. Sad to say Bopper looks a lot older with his head shaved.
    Yes, I agree it did make him look older (and I hope it's grown out since)... HOWEVER, it only made his heart and humor younger because he just pauses for a moment and then says "Well, let's go man..." and just lets them dig in. I mean - he seemed to me to almost be a kid at Christmas with his enthusiasm at the situation.

I think the whole trip made both of them feel younger, even if the body wasn't quite as willing to help them out at times (his knee, Mark's heat exhaustion).

And yeah... that missed final pose in the 10th take at the end really did harm them. I think had the Bollywood director given them a pass there, it'd given them just enough of an edge timewise that the wouls've gotten there and beaten JJ and Art.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I LOVED Kevin and Drew, Oswald and Donny (their first season) and Zev and Justin! Maybe Bill and Cathi started a new trend last season where the 5th place team is great.
    If that's the case I'd actually say Kent and Vyxsin the season before started that trend. <3
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I have lost interest now completely in the ending. All the teams left are horrid. Brendan and Rachel are self centered brats. How can you whine about hair after seeing the impoverished lives of some countries on this trip, and the rest are just jerks period. Not a good season, and noone left deserves a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I have lost interest now completely in the ending. All the teams left are horrid. Brendan and Rachel are self centered brats. How can you whine about hair after seeing the impoverished lives of some countries on this trip, and the rest are just jerks period. Not a good season, and noone left deserves a million dollars.
    I agree, those that are left- they have all whined their way to the end.
    -Andy Rooney-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I don't understand why everyone's giving Rachel such a hard time about the hair challenge. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it and I don't have extensions but I love my hair. And I don't think I could get past not having hair and knowing I'd be on TV. Perhaps I'm vain but I've no doubt a lot of women would've said the same thing. And while these countries were certainly impoverished, the one thing they weren't lacking was hair. If Rachel was complaining about no running toilets or lack of water then that's one thing but as far as I could tell, the people in these countries still had the hairs on their heads despite the lack of other things so whining about cutting her hair would have been no skin off their backs and was not meant as a slight towards any country/culture.
    holly71, Arielflies, Allie and 2 others like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If that's the case I'd actually say Kent and Vyxsin the season before started that trend. <3
    I liked Vyxsin but I couldn't stand Kent. He was really rude to her.
    sweetpea likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I don't understand why everyone's giving Rachel such a hard time about the hair challenge. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it and I don't have extensions but I love my hair. And I don't think I could get past not having hair and knowing I'd be on TV. Perhaps I'm vain but I've no doubt a lot of women would've said the same thing. And while these countries were certainly impoverished, the one thing they weren't lacking was hair. If Rachel was complaining about no running toilets or lack of water then that's one thing but as far as I could tell, the people in these countries still had the hairs on their heads despite the lack of other things so whining about cutting her hair would have been no skin off their backs and was not meant as a slight towards any country/culture.
    I dont have a problem with her not cutting off her extensions, that's up to her. Its the way she whined to Brandon about it.
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think that's her M.O. She makes a decision that is right for her, but instead of just saying "this is how I feel, suck it up" to Brendon and carrying on, she backs down a bit to seek his approval BUT then doesn't believe him when he gives it to her because he's often really passive-aggressive about it. Mr. S mentioned that last episode. AND I honestly believe we can lay some of the blame for her going on about it afterwards on Art, who was deliberately winding her up during the rope challenge. He was trying really hard to get into her head and make her feel bad about it, and it worked. She asked Brendon again right afterwards if he was ok with her decision.

And let's be honest, Vanessa would have made her life h*ll if she had a bald head. There are many strong women who would have shrugged it off, but we know Rachel isn't one of them and the ongoing feud between these women has been really personal with comments on physical looks. It was a tough decision and I still think she should have done it, BUT I understand why she didn't. Also, she's an 'event hostess' in Vegas, a job that probably wouldn't go down well with no hair. Vegas is so superficial, it would be a concern. Plus her wedding coming up if they are indeed getting married. There are a lot of reasons for her not to do it.

That scene with Art and Rachel really made me see red, frankly. Here he is trying to cause chaos for her (why? it's not like she was doing the challenge and he'd slow her down AND it's not like she can go back and change her mind about cutting off her hair) and is so worked up about doing so he snaps at his own partner for not 'getting it' that he's saying what he is to get into her head. As if him doing that is more important than JJ finishing the task and their moving on. I truly hope that this attitude proves their downfall in this show. I am still shocked that a grown man with a family could act like such a grade-schooler.

Closed Thread