Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I let my kids stay up past their bedtimes to watch the Amazing Race and my 6 year old daughter actually cried when Mark and Booper lost. Was a sad night in our house.

CCL

The one thing I will say about the Vanessa counting thing ...who skips from 3 to 7? I can see missing, or mis-counting, one but to jump over three is bizarre. If I was Vanessa I'd be wondering about my own counting skills.

I liked the speed bump that Kentucky had to do...it was fun and silly and not too hard. They were just too far behind.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

It was sad to see them go. They weren't the fastest or smartest or most devious, but they had the most heart of anyone I have seen on AR! Love those guys and won't forget them anytime soon.
    They need to be invited back to another AR like some others have, right??

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Wow, makes me kind of glad I don't watch BB. I only watched one season, the one where Dr. Will won, and I confess I loved him even though he was kind of the bad guy. I just don't have the time during the summer to devote to that show 3 x a week plus the live feeds. It's funny though, as I have read others' comments who watched BB who didn't mind Rachel, so I guess it's also a personal preference thing.

I don't find her THAT bad on TAR. Certainly not worse than Vanessa. Annoying, yes. Frustrating, sure. Eyerolls galore while she's on. But definitely don't get the sense that she's as outright mean as, if not more mean, than Vanessa. I don't think I'd ever be friends with Rachel, since I'm not really a sparkly event-hostess kind of gal, but she doesn't set my teeth on edge like, say, Colton from Survivor did this season.
    Will wasn't a "Bad Guy" - except in being sneaky. He at least understands reality versus a gameshow, which is why he's among my favorite in that show. But I digress.

While I do not want to see them win (though if the final three ends up NOT having Rachel and Dave, I'd rather them over the other two as it'd just be a fitting end to a bad final three), overall Brenchel hasn't been absolutely horrid this season. She has whined yes and had her b-fests, but she hasn't overall let the snarks affect her game play except in the positive way. Brendon does still concern me at times in that I feel he will occasionally bring the worst out of Rachel, but even he's starting to improve. I think the show has helped them out a bit more in the PR aspect.

And yes, she is a lot more tolerable with her snarks of others and her primping and such over Colton or RUSSELL HANTZ from "Survivor."
    Allie, Moontat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    Amen to this^^^. I've watched Rachel on BB and she is in the top 3 of most hated reality show people for me! I literally get a bit angry just seeing her on TV. Vanessa said some mean things to her, but I loved every nasty comment. If it had been directed at someone nice, I wouldn't have liked it. But since it was directed at someone that makes me want to puke...I wanted to shout "GET HER VANESSA!!!".
    This is where we differ...sort of.

There are shows where you expect people to be nasty, spiteful and downright mean. BB is such a show and watching people go at each other is part of the trashiness that makes the show fun. AR on the other hand, is a class act. The top of the totem pole in terms of reality shows...along with Survivor. They are the standard. While ever Survivor has to have some treatchery and devious people as part of the game, AR really doesn't. It's your skill as a racer...along with some luck...that gets you through. There is no need to cut people down, insult their appearance in very nasty terms or question whether or not they are cheating.

I watch this show for the travel destinations and some of the fun challenges...Not to hear two women screaming insults at each other. Whether I like one and not the other is irrelevant. I don't want to see it. Period!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I also prefer Amazing Race as a race and not as a reality show. I don't like the fighting and cattiness that just makes pretty women look mean and spiteful. I also would rather a race with 10 other teams like Kentucky who are experiencing things that many of us will only dream about. Being all caught up in hatred and drama is wasting the experience for some of these teams.
    sweetpea, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Being all caught up in hatred and drama is wasting the experience for some of these teams.
    This is how I feel as well. It's so nice to see the racers acknowledge for a minute how amazing the experience is. I felt like they all did that in Africa. Maybe this leg in particular was killer fatigue setting in, combined with the fact that India is usually a very hard leg to run?

Possibly. I think the climate in India is particularly humid so maybe that is exhausting. Also there are so many people and the living conditions are pretty dire so maybe there wasn't as much to exclaim over as in the African Savannah.

I am just thinking I stopped watching Survivor this season because I couldn't sit through anymore people being horrible to each other. There is playing the game and there is being deliberately mean for soundbites. I am not interested in helping someone get their 15 minutes of fame that way.
    sweetpea, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I also prefer Amazing Race as a race and not as a reality show. I don't like the fighting and cattiness that just makes pretty women look mean and spiteful. I also would rather a race with 10 other teams like Kentucky who are experiencing things that many of us will only dream about. Being all caught up in hatred and drama is wasting the experience for some of these teams.
    Very well said, and for those of us that love AR. I hope they stop this stupid nonsense. It seems wherever BB goes, there is this sort of behaviour. I do hope we dont see them again( or Vanessa for that matter)
    sweetpea and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Very well said, and for those of us that love AR. I hope they stop this stupid nonsense. It seems wherever BB goes, there is this sort of behaviour. I do hope we dont see them again( or Vanessa for that matter)
    Maybe Vanessa is auditioning for Bachelor Pad :p

Closed Thread