+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: 4/22 TAR 20 Show Discussion *** West Coast Spoilers ***

Re: 4/22 TAR 20 Show Discussion *** West Coast Spoilers ***

I have no problem with any of the teams remaining except the pair from Big Brother.

I do admire the Kentucky team very much although I didn't like them at first. That being said and because of their popularity with the viewers, I can't help but wonder if this would have been a non-elimination leg if a different team had come in last.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have no problem with any of the teams remaining except the pair from Big Brother.

I do admire the Kentucky team very much although I didn't like them at first. That being said and because of their popularity with the viewers, I can't help but wonder if this would have been a non-elimination leg if a different team had come in last.
    I admit I did wonder if this really was a NEL leg of the race. He took a long time to tell them that it was. But once he said it, I was very very happy for them
    Moontat likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just don't get the waa waa over shaving your head. I would do it and then with the prize money buy a great wig and some scarves until it all grew back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I admit I did wonder if this really was a NEL leg of the race. He took a long time to tell them that it was. But once he said it, I was very very happy for them
    I would say no - because unlike several other reality TV shows, this one plays truer overall to a real game show. Therefore you don't want to risk game manipulation allegations because they could say that putting in an NEL to keep a specific team in there due to popularity is one.

Yes, I know that the whole FCC guidelines for game shows in comparison to a reality tv game show are gray areas, but "AR" tends to play to a higher standard IMHO and wouldn't risk it's popularity for this.

Nah, I think given the situation and the overall ages of the teams they chose to have this as a NEL.

Why? Most of the teams IMHO are old enough that Bollywood dancing in India's heat plus the lights and all that jazz had too much of a health risk. You could be really fit, and hydrated, and yet still suffer heat exhaustion.
    jucamer likes this.

I wondered the same thing, but I guess we'll never know.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Well, they didn't actually know that this team would be popular with the viewers when they were filming it. I'm pretty sure the race was completely done before we even knew who the racers were.

According to Phil, U-turns and non-eliminations are pre-determined. https://twitter.com/#!/PhilKeoghan/s...80290010300416

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think it would have been a non-elimination either way, judging by the total number of legs. If it wasn't they would have either had to do two non-elimination legs in a row at F4, or an extra F3 leg.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I think it would have been a non-elimination either way, judging by the total number of legs. If it wasn't they would have either had to do two non-elimination legs in a row at F4, or an extra F3 leg.
    Yes, I agree. Plus as someone else said, they wrapped up this race long before they became fan favourites.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    According to Phil, U-turns and non-eliminations are pre-determined. https://twitter.com/#!/PhilKeoghan/s...80290010300416
    Of course he would say that...mwah hah hah

I have way too much time on my hands.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread