+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 99
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I didn't really either, but did read some threads and such and I know why I don't like them. Rachel. It's like she's a split personality. One minute, she is a happy, intelligent grown woman who is quite competent at tasks. The next, she is a whiny, spoiled 5 year old who plays the victim card like it's the only one in the deck. I simply do not buy the victim garbage along with the drama and fake tears. She's annoying as heck. I can't stand Vanessa either, but she's mean and she owns it... no fake garbage with her and I actually can tolerate it far more than Rachel's schtick.
    Thank you. You've perfectly summed up what I've been feeling. I've never watched BB, so I had no idea who Rachel was, but she gets on my last nerve. Like you said, one moment she'll be strong and competent ("Let them hate us! It will just make us stronger!" If only she had said that at the watermelon challenge...). The next moment she dissolves into a pathetic wreck with OTT histrionics. It's just creepy.

    And yes, while I don't like Vanessa's nastiness, I can tolerate it because at least she's perfectly honest and doesn't pretend to be anything other than a b***. I've never watched Desperate Houswives, either, but from the commercials Vanessa reminds me of the Eva Mendes character.

    As for Brenden, I haven't gotten a clear picture on him, but I did read that HE was the one who was worse and I'm not seeing it.
    Yeah, it's weird. People say he was nasty on BB, but he hasn't been that bad on this show. Ok, brushing past people in a line is kind of irritating. However, I admire the way he headed off Rachel's hysterics at the U-Turn. In fact, I love what somebody said earlier: it was funny seeing everything reversed. The ultra-macho BG whined like a kindergartner whose play partner stole the toy, and the usually nasty couples actually handled themselves quite well with the U-Turn. Between that and seeing a softer side of them as they admired the scenery, I had to give them both some grudging respect.



    Of the teams left, I feel like I'm back to last season, where there were so few teams in the end that I actually liked there was a good chance that they weren't going to win. This year, I'm liking Kentucky, and J.J (Art not so much), and Rachel (Dave not so much). I was so glad Phil told Dave he has to give Rachel credit.... Dave seems to frequently forget how cool she is... not many women in this race could throw haybales around like she did earlier in the season. She's been a great competitor, better than him, as far as I'm concerned. He should be kissing the bloody ground she walks on.

    Yes! I didn't even bother to watch the finale last season. There was only one team I liked, and they were the weakest so I knew they wouldn't win. Same this season. I love Bopper and Mark, but I really doubt they'll make it to the finale with Bopper's bad knee. And it looks like poor Mark reaches the point of phyisical and emotional collapse next week. Bless his heart, I wonder if he got dehydrated in that terrible heat? Whatever the case, it doesn't bode well for them and I hate that.


    And yes, that was hilarious when Phil forced Dave to admit his wife was something special.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey GabbyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree with you because I also sat through 2 seasons of the live shows and the live feeds. Reading about the live feeds and actually seeing them are so different. Even when I see what is shown as acts of kindness by BB on AR I am not quite buying it. It is hard to explain because I saw them pretending to act kind on the feeds one second and then as soon as they left the room and were alone they would turn it around in a second because you were able to see that it was so fake and what their motive behind it was. I know exactly what you mean when you say they displayed some disturbingly dysfunctional behavior. Editing covers a multitude of sins. The live feeds did not cover anything. If there were live feeds on the AR I think people would realize why MFWalkoff and myself feel as strongly as we do about BB. Just based on what we have been shown on the AR I can understand why people see both Rachel and Vanessa as the mean girls. Some see Vanessa as being meaner than Rachel. I, of course have not seen Vanessa on the live feeds of any show so I can't compare the two in the same way as others. For the people who would like to see them win that is fine as we are all allowed to have our own favorites. Sometimes I wish I had not been exposed to the two of them as much as I was. It is like my BB radar turns on. This is JMO.
    One thing that strikes me is that BB is not liked by the majority of the other teams and there does not seem to be the same amount of animosity towards Vanessa. I think that something must have happened between Rachel and Vanessa that we did not see that makes Vanessa appear to be so mean spirited. I have not seen her treat any of the other competitors like she treats Rachel.

    I am rooting for Army couple (he may be a jerk sometimes, but I like her spunk) or Mark and Bopper to win.
    Longhornfan and Jaceegirl like this.

  3. #83
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I didn't think Rachel overplayed her injuries when the full water can dropped off the cart. When Brendon mentioned it to the camera as they were reloaded and leaving, she downplayed it. She did very well at the bee challenge, not freaking, but keeping a calm head and I loved her explanation of how she used the smoke disperser like perfume.

    I loved the Safari. How did the air feel? How did it smell? The things pictures can't give are the most valuable.

    I was sorry to see the Feds go; they were so positive during their time on the Race. I do wonder what Agency they work for, though.

    The drama Kings were foiled this leg; but still can't seem to give up their anger and let it slide. Army Rachel is a terrific racer and I hope her macho husband can learn to appreciate her. For once Ralphessa were blaming themselves for falling behind and not anyone else.

    Mark and Bopper have achieved another of their goals - to come in first. From the previews in dreaded, steamy India, it looks like it is Mark with a problem with his arms and not Bopper's knee causing them problems.
    I must have missed the downplay. I am sure it would hurt. I just thought she overreacted about the amount of blood loss. She reminds me of my daughter who is forever making herself baggies of ice cubes for every little bump (at 14).
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  4. #84
    FORT Fanatic wannasee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    452

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    So happy for Bopper and Mark coming in first place but worried about those previews of next week! The Federal Agents are really lovely people and it was nice to see them enjoy everything around them and be so pleasant. Was that the most involved speed bump ever, though?! Sure seemed to have a lot more to do than what little I can recall from past seasons.

    As for the BP...JJ got way too carried away, true but I think along with what was previously said about Dave and Rachel not knowing if BP were safe (and really, wouldn't that be the only reason to make such a pact?), I was struck by how sincere they seemed to be in U-Turning BB not knowing if Dave and Rachel were safe. Given how quickly things can change in the race, it's easy for the 1st or 2nd place team to say, oh, well, the teachers are so far behind, but anything could happen to suddenly even things up. So, I think JJ went overboard in the "sick to my stomach" and all that stuff (as well as whining to Phil about it) but I'd be a little angry, too. Guess I'd also remember that old saying about "fool me once..."

    Ralph and Vanessa are like cats on their 6th or 7th life! Funny, but they don't bother me so much. Even when Vanessa gripes or gets petty, it's preferable to me to Rachel's crocodile tears at the drop of a hat. Was impressed, though...I thought her just occupying the same space as those bees would result in a massive, killer storm! lol

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    So happy for Bopper and Mark coming in first place but worried about those previews of next week! The Federal Agents are really lovely people and it was nice to see them enjoy everything around them and be so pleasant. Was that the most involved speed bump ever, though?! Sure seemed to have a lot more to do than what little I can recall from past seasons.
    No idea about the Speed Bump; however, a couple of people asked what agency they worked for. Was it the FBI? I thought in the first episode they said that they worked for the FBI, but I could be wrong.

    Also, several people asked why BP wanted to U-Turn them. I'm guessing it's because of that crud where the Feds wouldn't tell them about their real job. If so, then that's pathetic. JJ is the scuzziest person I've ever seen on this show.

    As for the BP...JJ got way too carried away, true but I think along with what was previously said about Dave and Rachel not knowing if BP were safe (and really, wouldn't that be the only reason to make such a pact?), I was struck by how sincere they seemed to be in U-Turning BB not knowing if Dave and Rachel were safe. Given how quickly things can change in the race, it's easy for the 1st or 2nd place team to say, oh, well, the teachers are so far behind, but anything could happen to suddenly even things up. So, I think JJ went overboard in the "sick to my stomach" and all that stuff (as well as whining to Phil about it) but I'd be a little angry, too. Guess I'd also remember that old saying about "fool me once..."
    I can understand their reaction, too, just because D & R had given their word and then broken it. If I had been in D & R's place, I probably would not have used the U-Turn, either, for the reasons they described, but I would have felt guilty about it since I hate having to go back on something if I promised to do it.

    Back to the BG...so yeah, their initial reaction was understandable. However, JJ's reaction was way OTT. In fact, it was almost scary to see the depths of his hatred and scorn. That was just not a healthy reaction, and I wonder if he treats the people in his personal life that way if they do something he doesn't like. I really hope he's not married. And, as much as I don't like BB, in all fairness I have to say that I really did not like seeing teams make a pact with each other to eliminated another one. That just smacked of that dreadful Cowboys incident all over again...so I'm actually glad that D & R had the guts to do the right thing and not stick by that silly pact. Hopefully we'll see no more of that nonsense for the rest of this race.
    Last edited by Babbred; 04-17-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  6. #86
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    What an episode. I was really hoping karma would come back at Vanessa & her b/f and the FBI ladies would pull it out but it didn't happen.

    Not sure how much editing was involved but I was surprised to see how much more Vanessa freaked out over being u-turned than Rachel did. Or maybe Rachel just knew it'd happen to her and had already come to terms with it? I'm not sure why Vanessa was surprised, given that B/R were in front of her...

    I still can't get over the egos Art & JJ have. They're two buffoons thumping their chests and trying to exert their authority. Good for Rachel & Dave for not using the u-turn... And congrats to Mark & Bopper for their 1st place win this leg!!
    Allie likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  7. #87
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    I don't want spoilers at all but I am wondering if this show is more protected than other shows? I never even hear a peep or see a cover story.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,135

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I don't want spoilers at all but I am wondering if this show is more protected than other shows? I never even hear a peep or see a cover story.
    From what I've read, unlike a lot of other shows - though in "Big Brother" if you have feeds - "Amazing Race" benefits from having a bunch of decoy racers (some eliminated racers still racing along with the ones still in it) to keep people from being spoiled.

  9. #89
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    You would understand the feelings about Brenchel if you sat through 2 seasons of TV shows and live feeds with them.

    They are both a little 'not right in the head'. Amazing Race keeps them too busy to wallow in it, but sitting around the Big Brother house, they displayed some disturbingly dysfunctional behavior. Which is why I'm sitting out this season of TAR -- I won't feed into their quest for fame.
    I had the live feeds this season and remember Rachel helping Jordan when she was blindsided by Jeff's eviction. She was the person trying to give Jordan her pep back and I thought she didn't do it in a selfish manner. Yes, she can be annoying but she also had nice qualities she shows to people who haven't bullied her/been mean to her.

    I'd like to think the person we see chit-chatting with the other teams and helping them out is the 'real' Rachel who's not paying attention to the cameras or stressed out by drama. JMO.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    One thing that strikes me is that BB is not liked by the majority of the other teams and there does not seem to be the same amount of animosity towards Vanessa. I think that something must have happened between Rachel and Vanessa that we did not see that makes Vanessa appear to be so mean spirited. I have not seen her treat any of the other competitors like she treats Rachel.

    I am rooting for Army couple (he may be a jerk sometimes, but I like her spunk) or Mark and Bopper to win.
    I have been thinking along the same lines as you. There must have been something that happened early on that has sparked the intense dislike between Rachel and Vanessa. From what I have seen of Rachel, she seems to be able to dish it out but can't take it. She just doesn't seem to know when to shut up. Instead she will play the victim and cry. Case in point, the exchange last week between her and Vanessa where Vanessa attacked her looks. Rachel brought that on herself, because she just kept stirring the pot and brought up Vanessa's age. I assume that was meant to imply that Vanessa was the immature one....yeah, right. And the really pathetic thing is that Brendon started the whole thing by pushing and flipping Ralph off and initially denying doing so - only to apologize later and admit he did. Rachel and Brendon seem to thrive on drama. So, I am betting that there is much more to the story when it comes to the feud between those two couples. I think that Vanessa is someone who doesn't "take any crap", and she doesn't take things as personally as Rachel does. What you see is what you get with her, and it isn't always nice, but you always know where you stand with her.

    I would be okay with Team Army winning, because they have run a clean race and have tried to stay out of the drama. I guess that they inadvertantly caused some drama with JJ by not U-turning Rachel and Brendon, but I think that was more of a strategic move in an attempt to keep them from being targeted at the next U-turn (if there is another one). Team Army Rachel has done awesome in all the tasks. I really don't think that Team Kentucky will end up winning the million, because they would both need to be physically capable of keeping up with the stronger teams, and it appears that they are entering some of the third world countries that will require a lot more of them.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 04-17-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    GabbyG and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.