+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Thanks, Arielflies. That's pretty much what I read happened.

This show is not Survivor. You don't rely on these 'alliances' to survive another week or get to the finale. Sure, you can help each other (Brenchel telling the country boys to do the easier option last week) but you definitely don't have to have an "it's our alliance or you're done!" attitude. I understand someone saying that in Survivor (it's us or them) but on TAR it's just ridiculous.

I wonder why the BP's are so focused on division within the groups? Who cares who talks to who???
    Photobabe and Midol like this.

FORT Regular

Idle question: Is this the first season that the teams haven't had to carry their papers in those custom-striped shoulder bags? Or have I just not noticed before? I can recall several episodes where lost satchels became critical elements.

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    Idle question: Is this the first season that the teams haven't had to carry their papers in those custom-striped shoulder bags? Or have I just not noticed before? I can recall several episodes where lost satchels became critical elements.
    They are keeping the documents in black hip pouches.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Poor Phil. He lost a lot of weight and sounded terribly sick.

At the mat? I haven't checked the sites to see if he was ill, do you have any information?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    At the mat? I haven't checked the sites to see if he was ill, do you have any information?
    Yes, at the mat he looked and sounded like death warmed over. His eyes are red and glossy and looks like he lost weight. He definitely sounded sick, but I don't have any more information. He's a trooper for hanging in there though.

Poor Phil, he's like "I'd better not hear anymore complaining - I feel like death warmed over but I can smile through it, so you can with your problems."
    rfromp and Babbred like this.

You're right, rfromp, he does look peaked. His face is much too thin. I'll have to see if there is an improvement in his appearance next episode.
    rfromp likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm pulling for Brendon and Rachel over the "mean" teams. Where Rob & Amber gained help for being "known", these two are getting dinged at every turn. Now I'm not comparing the two in any way other than that b/c I know personalities are different but, wow, Vanessa & her meathead b/f and the border patrol guys are ridiculous! I LOL when Rachel had her driver stop for directions and they found they were going the wrong way. Take that, snooty border patrol! If you discount her whining and crying, Rachel really hasn't been that bad this season - I can think of instances where they finished before the other teams and she didn't want to cheer in front of them, where she helped others, and we've seen her talking with other teams about where they come from and what they do. I can't think of an instance where Vanessa has done that. Come to think of it, I can't think of anything she's done other than argue with meathead and bash Rachel.

There have been a few trips I've been really jealous of over the years but this one was one of the top. That flight over the savannah - priceless. I'm with the FBI girls, I would've stopped if I'd known I was in last place and appreciated the one in a lifetime sight of the elephants. Truly amazing! I thought the courting ritual was awesome. I can't even imagine the adrenaline coursing through their veins as they did that. I think it was Bopper who said they could've done it for 10 minutes - I bet!

I think it just goes to show how snooty the border patrol guys are when they confronted the FBI girls. What is their main purpose in "exposing" them? I'm glad the women didn't capitulate and give in to his bullying. I hope they can come back and finish strong next week b/c I'd really like to see them move further. They've moved into my top spot with how they work hard, don't complain, and are staying out of the middle-school mentality some of the others have.

And can I just say for the record how much I dislike the Army guy - he said in the beginning that he and his wife were having troubles and this trip would either help them get over the hump or would show them they're not meant to be together. First off, TAR is not couples therapy - you've got a be a strong couple to make it through intact! WTH were they thinking? And, second, I hope his wife realized during the trip that she doesn't need him. I understand being competitive but he really takes the cake; he's awful!

I was bummed to see Rachel & Brendon doing the double u-turn. I figured when it turned up it'd be them b/c of the animosity shown towards them, so I'm hoping they keep their cool and push through it.
    Arielflies, Allie, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Sorry for the double-post but I just watched the videos and found them interesting -

The only thing I got out of Vanessa's interview with Phil was that she said she's tired of meathead getting picked on for his muscles and his tats. IMO, if he doesn't want people to view him that way, then he shouldn't act like a meathead (a big-muscled man with a small brain). Then Vanessa went on to say that if Rachel wanted to insult her, then she didn't care. She didn't care so much that she had a taped conversation with the border patrol men about whether Rachel should've had a nose job or a boob job. Vanessa can spin it however she wishes but she's still a mean girl. Oh, and I call BS on their not knowing the B/R was on big brother. If I recall correctly, she made a reference to Rachel on the show during the watermelon challenge.

_____

The video between tall one (I'll call him JJ, though I'm not positive) was unbelievable - my brief notes below -

JJ says to Bopper, if you hook your wagon with those two teams, we'll cut your nuts. If you hook your wagon with these three teams, it'll be a 4-way race.

Bopper replies he just wants to get along with everybody and doesn't want to be part of the drama.

JJ tells him no, says they need to start thinking strategically and that when they come to a roadblock, you can hook your wagon up to one of those two teams or you can hook it up with us. Then he asks them what they'd do with the U-turn and Bopper says we wouldn't use it, we don't want to use it. JJ argues with them and Mark comes up and says that if they're out in front, they're not going to use it.

I can't remember a time (that they've shown us) where a team has tried to bully another and created "alliances" for the race. I want them gone, gone, gone. And I hope there's some kind of fallout for their actions as these episodes air. I think in that kind of work, you need to represent your agency in a good way and all they've done is show border patrol agents are bullies, which I believe was an observation Brendon made in the beginning of the race. Anyway, the FBI ladies are doing a great job at that, I think.

It's funny - I could totally see Art & JJ on Big Brother after the videos/episodes we've seen. They try to manipulate and bully everyone into doing their dirty work to "stir the pot"...
    Allie, Moontat, Photobabe and 1 others like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread