+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Wow...not a lot of good choices left to root for. I am so thankful Kentucky and the Teachers are still there, although I really don't think the teachers are that much of a threat. They seem to always be hanging towards the back of the pack, but at least they are supportive of one another and seem like generally nice people. All the rest of the teams can leave at any point and it won't hurt my feelings. I never watched BB so I have no preconceived ideas about Rachel, but I haven't liked much of what I've seen so far. I can't stand a whiner and a cryer and she is most definitely both. I admired Vanessa's drive to finish the watermelon task a few weeks back and I thought she may start to get the good edit, but she is right down there rolling in the mud with Rachel like it's an episode of Dynesty or something. Grow up, girls! I'm not sure the Border Patrol guys could be any more cocky if they tried. Yes, they are a strong and dominant team, but constantly crowing about how wonderful you are does nothing to make me want you to win. And lastly, Team Army...yikes. I hope the husband (don't even know his name) gets a wake-up call when he watches himself back on TV. He is totally disrespectful (and pretty mean) to Rachel. She jokes about how they argue and call each other names, but in the end they get the job done. This may be true, but I think she is just trying to cover-up the fact that her husband is a jerk to her on a daily basis. If any of the 4 bickering and/or mean couples win the million, they should use at least some of it for therapy....and lots of it. Go Kentucky!
    Photobabe and Babbred like this.

What I'm wondering is....what's so hard about just being nice on the race? What purpose does it serve to act like jerks?

I'm really talking primarily about Border Patrol here....sure they did a nice thing once to Kentucky by handing over half their PS winnings, but this episode they seem to take such glee in all of the hostility/gossip/bickering/pot stirring.....and then to come right out at the mat and say they wanted to minimize the drama? Makes no sense to me at all. The arrogance and cockiness is so OTT, just shut up about other people, enjoy the scenery, thank your lucky stars you were accepted on the show and RAAAAAACE!

Oh, and this goes for Team BB and Team Divorce too. Everyone get over yourselves and get on with racing!
    Midol likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I haven't seen today's episode yet so I did not witness Art and JJ's douchebaggery yet.

I still want Ralphessa gone.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's pretty bad when someone is so immature they make Rachel look good in comparison! Vanessa can't be out of the race too soon, as far as I'm concerned. I'll puke if she ends up winning this season.

I'm surprised none of them teams worked together on the tent challenge. If one team had approached another and offered to help them put up their tent if they'd then help them with theirs, I think they could have flown through that challenge. They could have at least helped each other get the structure up and then did the rest by themselves.

I was yelling at the team who decided to walk their bikes that they should be running with them if they weren't going to ride them. It's amazing they didn't come in last.
    Jezebella and Midol like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    It's pretty bad when someone is so immature they make Rachel look good in comparison!
    Vanessa is really immature and nasty but I can't say she makes Rachel look good in comparison. They are both being really ridiculous and stupid (as per usual) and it's unfortunate all the things Vanessa said about Rachel because it feeds Rachel's 'victim-everyone hates me for no reason' delusion. It WAS rude of Brendan to bump the other racers as they went by and not even call out a sorry, but it escalated into something that was kind of embarrassing to watch.
    Btw, I know Rachel's not dehydrated, and her tear ducts are working, so the crying without tears thing is still annoying me.
    Border Patrol were over-the-top this episode, and the previews look as though they continue on that path. Too bad.
    That was the negative... the positive:

Tanzania is unbelievably GORGEOUS! From the copter ride to actually having the privilege of meeting the Maasai people, what an amazing experience! Many of the racers really seemed to acknowledge that what they were experiencing was quite unique and a privilege and that was great to see.

Rachel and Army husband argue but I still like them far better than Vanessa and Brendan and Rachel team... even Border Patrol for that matter. In the end, they get the job done, and quite often, it's due to the strength of Rachel... I wish her hubby would acknowledge that.
    I still like Kentucky, Rachel and her army man, and the teachers/agents. In that order. Brendan/Rachel and Vanessa/whatever his name is could go any time. Then Border Patrol.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

FORT Regular

I watch this show for its beautiful scenery, culture shocks and a dose of healthy competition. I've had more than my share of cattiness and mean behaviour on shows such as The Bachelor, ANTM or even Survivor, thank you very much.

Any respect for Team Border Agent's earlier generosity has been reduced in half for their confrontation of both The Feds and BB teams tonight. I want to slap the smug look off JJ's face after calling out on the Feds, and their actions amount to bullying, imo. You can go soon and take Team Ralphessa with you.

Love Bopper when his face lit up and he went "Oh, sweets!" (something like that) at the travel agency, then proceeded to pocket a handful with that ever innocent look on his face. Team Kentucky for the win!!!
    Midol likes this.

I love Bopper and Mark and hope they win this whole thing! Not sure what the whole problem is with Rachael and Vanessa but they act like a couple of 7th graders. Either Rachael did something we're unaware of to really piss Vanessa off or Vanessa is just a nasty, royal Bi#*H!

I haven't given up on the Border Patrol yet. I've liked them from the beginning. It could be their strategy to keep the pot stirred among the others. I know I would do it if I knew it would keep the rest of them focused on the bickering instead of the race. They do need to tone down the bragging a bit, but at the same time they've raced very well.

Hope Vanessa and Ralph are the next to go followed by Rachael and Brendon.

Mostly hoping for Bopper and Mark to win.
    Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.

I don't know about the advantages to keeping the other teams focused on the bickering...seems to me that team border patrol are too focused themselves on all the drama, most of which they started or participated in this week. I am sensing that they are easily thrown off their game if they fall below 1st or 2nd spot. The one guy (sorry, still don't know or care who is who) looking out of the tent while others finished their task and left, with that snarl on his face, combined with their p*ssed off attitude at the mat for coming in 3rd, tells me the first sign of trouble might crumble them. If any of the other teams are smart they will Uturn team border patrol next week, as they are easily one of the strongest teams left. How they handle that could be interesting. I wonder if that is what leads to the big split/fight between them and team army/wife?

Speaking of the preview for next week, the one border patrol agent who was saying he hopes to never speak to the army guy again....he seriously comes across as a toddler in that scene. What is with all of these people and how immature they are being? Rachel, Vanessa, Border patrol...seriously, grow up people.
    Midol likes this.

In the extra footage videos on CBS, apparently Brenden did apologize to Ralph for the scene at the airport, and said it was immature and he was sorry for it. Apparently, after he did and walked away, Vanessa and the BPA's continued to trash talk team BB. Can someone confirm this for me? I read it on another site but stupid CBS won't let me watch the video as I live in the great white north. Here's the link:

The Amazing Race Video - Brendon Apologizes To Ralph - CBS.com
    Allie and Midol like this.

I think there's is such alot we don't see. BB have upset most of them in this race imho.. We wont know, we will never know.

The agents don't bother me, its all in the editing as per. But when they make one couple( the two girls) never have a fight, never one cross word I am suspicious, because that doesn't happen when you haven't had sleep for 3 days. So all in all, the race is my fave, but the editing is presented in such a way , we don't see the good the bad and the ugly from all teams.

Still cheering for Bopper and Mark to win
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread