+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 3/18 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 3/18 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I've really had enough with Rachel and her "what's a beard?" bullsh*t. Even a two year old knows Santa has a beard... I mean, does anyone actually believe this act that Rachel puts on? It's pure garbage.

My husband said, when Brenden slipped, that the only thing that would have made it better would have been if it was Rachel. Probably would have been Brenden's fault somehow.

My favourite three teams, Mark and Bopper, Rachel and Dave (because of Rachel), and the FBI's/teachers were the last three to arrive before elimination. Does not bode well for the future of the Race.

Did you ever have one of those moments where you overthought something to such an extent that you panicked? I think that's what happened to Rachel...she read the clue and tried to make "beard" into something more complicated than it really was. I'm pretty sure she really does know what a beard is ;-) But she has a tendency to over-exaggerate everything (as we've all seen plenty of times), and I think this was just one of those cases.

Yes, I'm defending her. And yes, I wish the fake crying and histrionics would stop. But while she and Brendan are not one of my top teams, I don't dislike them as much as others do, so they don't bug me as much.
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Did you ever have one of those moments where you over-thought something to such an extent that you panicked? I think that's what happened to Rachel...she read the clue and tried to make "beard" into something more complicated than it really was. I'm pretty sure she really does know what a beard is ;-) But she has a tendency to over-exaggerate everything (as we've all seen plenty of times), and I think this was just one of those cases.
    I dont care for her, but yes, she had a moment.LOL When she said I dont even know what beard is, its because they are are rushed and thoughts are jumbled

It was good show last night, it seemed much more like the older AR that I have seen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Did you ever have one of those moments where you overthought something to such an extent that you panicked? I think that's what happened to Rachel...she read the clue and tried to make "beard" into something more complicated than it really was. I'm pretty sure she really does know what a beard is ;-) But she has a tendency to over-exaggerate everything (as we've all seen plenty of times), and I think this was just one of those cases.

Yes, I'm defending her. And yes, I wish the fake crying and histrionics would stop. But while she and Brendan are not one of my top teams, I don't dislike them as much as others do, so they don't bug me as much.
    ITA and was thinking the same thing. Rachel is totally rushing, not thinking carefully through much of anything. I don't think she was faking, but more likely she was expecting (just for a moment) that the word meant something else....being in a foreign country and all. I know that sounds goofy, but she really doesn't do well under pressure. For primarily that reason, I don't think they'll last much longer in this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I loved it when the racers opened the door to the pit stop and all the cows turned their heads in unison- I thought that was cute. I suspect that usually when that door opens the cows are about to get fed or something so they look up in anticipation. Not this time, cows, just some producer thought your barn looked like a good place for a pit stop.
    From experience, when cattle (particularly this type) see a human - ANY human, come near them, they'll either completely ignore you, think you're going to feed them or they'll stare at you like you're an alien from a small planet near Betelgeuse. I've even had a few try coming up to me to lick me like a cat or dog does.

I laughed, then I giggled, then I smiled a whole lot - all thanks to Mark and Bopper. OH, also the Brendon jump-slip on the mat and landing on his tushie.

I loved the scenery and am glad we got to see it with snow. I guess Art and JJ were the only true Sleeping Beauty fans in the bunch to recognize the towering spires as her "castle." I can just see Bopper buying the book for his little girl and telling her that daddy was there. The yodeling was wonderful. I giggled when they kept it up all the way to the next challenge. If the other two gingerbread teams hadn't headed off in the wrong direction for the clue boxes, I don't know if Kentucky could have stayed in the pack as well as they did. I really did feel for Bopper on that steep climb and then all those stairs at the castle. His little girl has extreme Asthma and it appears as though his own lungs are in not too good a shape. Does he mine coal? Remember the other popular Kentucky couple? I was reminded of them this show.

Art and JJ are running the alpha male, isn't this easy, race. Will they falter, or continue to dominate? I also like the FBI women and am glad that even though they finished curling last, they were better at directions to the cow barn.

As said, this episode was reminiscent of TAR gone by...the kind of TAR that has been missing a few seasons.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

As said, this episode was reminiscent of TAR gone by...the kind of TAR that has been missing a few seasons.
    I think so, something has been missing They seem to have recaptured it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Carry this! Anything else you need me to carry princess? Some class and dignity. Just like a juiced up hot head. Congratulations, just made YouTube! And I wondered why their past marriages failed....
    and she couldn't carry her own jacket because....................... ..
    Oh right because she is the princess.
    Babbred likes this.

So... exactly one year before the airing of this episode, I was actually at Neuschwanstein. I did a European Delivery on a car and on the 18th of March we drove from Munich to the castles, touring on the morning of the 19th. We were parked in the exact same lot the contestants used (in fact, I could see the space my car was in)! FWIW, taking the horses up is just about as fast as walking it and while it's not a horribly tiring walk it IS a bit of a hike, so the border patrol guys were smart.

I live 20 minutes from Disneyland and have been to the castles, so I've been completely aware of them for years and am not really one to speak badly of people for not knowing which of the castles was the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty Castle (particularly the later contestants to arrive, when it looked like from the weather the only castle visible was Hohenschwangau), but I mean really, a normal-looking yellow castle vs. the spired castle picturesquely perched on the hill??

I'm also a bit jealous that they got to run through Neuschwanstein without a tour: they DO NOT let you wander that place alone or at your own pace. Still, in a race you probably wouldn't stop to enjoy anyway (I was sad seeing the one couple argue after they got the clue as they walked through the ballroom, one of the most gorgeous rooms in the place).

But this makes twice that I've been to a place TAR filmed within a few months of filming. So happy!!!
    GabbyG, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

I'm sure CBS has contractual obligations to the advertisers that bought air time on 60 Minutes, so they can't just cut out part of it. CBS is also a sponsor of the college basektball tournament, which is probably the most watched of all the big tournaments. So March madness is March madness and we just have to live with it for a month.

I was hoping that Brenden and Rachel would be gone so I could stop watching the show with my remote in my hand, but no such luck. I still do not dislike most, though not all of the other remaining teams; it's been an enjoyable season so far.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread