+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I kinda like Art and JJ now. Them and Bopper and Mark.

Edit: What did Vanessa even say about Rachel? I couldn't really guess.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 03-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Rachel needs to go so I can watch this show again. I refuse to suffer her and Brendan.
    Florimel likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just saw some extra clips of this leg, and I retract my comments about Ralph being the mature one. Turns out that when trying to come out of the plane, Ralph attempted to physically block Kerri & Stacy (reminds me of the Guidos in season 1 trying to physically block Nancy), who were sitting next to them, in the grounds that they believe that Kerri & Stacy were making alliances, conspiring and telling other passengers to try to block Ralph & Vanessa. The twins, especially Andrew (short-haired one) also tried to force his presence alongside the girl as they tried to get info on flights hile making a line. The girls asked him if he could please return to his place in line, since every team is doing their own thing, but the twins got all smarmy and giggly and acting like dumb jocks. Stacy was quickly losing patience and confronted him, while Kerri remained more civil and tried to deal with Andrew in a more polite manner. The twins walked away talking about how easily they can get under Stacy's skin and how it was a weakness they intended to exploit.

At the pitstop, Phil was talking to both teams, who tried to play it off like they were perfectly innocent and the girls were mean. Figures, first I hate Vanessa, now I got an extra player to hate by adding Ralph. As for the twins, well, good riddance to bad rubbish.

I think Vanessa was saying she could see Rachel's "hoo ha" My guess is no underwear under those thin leggings. I figured Rachel walked away in an attempt to not get into it. I think for as much as I dislike her she recognises that she has the tendency to fly off and knew there was no time for drama.

I also think she is emotionally abused by Brendon and that is why she has no self-esteem when things go wrong and quickly falls to tears. I don't necessarily mean he berates her but I think he has a way of making sure he never accepts blame.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That reminds me. That couple that blew using the Express Pass and then blew the bottle challenge, my oh my. I agree with whoever said that there was no reason to break all of those bottles. I mean, really. Did he not even look at the dancers? He had his head down so of course the bottles were going to slide off. Geesh, they deserved that penalty just for their stupidity.
    He not only had his head down (which takes away the flattest portion of your head being level), he also sped through it. All of them I think had at least one drop, but when you have approximately 30 or so bottles and break all of them, well, you're not playing smart, you're playing too fast.

Fortunately for them the last two teams were completely hopeless this leg of the race and that 2 hours wasn't too painful... well, Phil letting them know they have set a new landmark by having that large of a penalty and not be eliminated (they have 30 min. ones clear, but not over an hour) was a backhanded compliment.

I think this season of TAR is going to be more like tackle football than a marathon. Witness the lovely Vanessa who first steals watermelons from Brenchel's truck, then makes that uncouth remark and then is caught by the cameraman in the same unlovely V position that created her Rachel remarks. Besides the offensive tackle Vanessa, you have the fumbled play by the other Rachel and her alpha guy - rendering the get out of jail free card useless. Between the agressive males and the catty females, this will be a knock down drag out mudder.

Oh, I can also picture Rachel of Brenchel watching this episode at home and jumping off the couch with a fist pump when the camera caught Vanessa in the ridiculed position while grabbing melons off the truck.

Yup, it's going to get down and dirty.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Is it wrong to want both Vanessa and Rachel (and their men) gone from the show asap?

I am missing couples from season's past...Uchenna and Joyce, Danny and Oswald, Chip and Kim, Kris and Jon - people I really rooted for during the race.
    This season is filled mostly with people I'm wanting to get Philimenated.
    ladygreco, JohnnyK and Fanny Mare like this.

I'm still mostly OK with Brandon and Rachel. (Mostly. Not totally.) But I have to say that I loved karma in this episode...not only do B and R place 2nd, but Vanessa and Ralph (it is Ralph, right?) almost get eliminated. I thought it was stupid of V and R to try to block B and R in, and the comments were just stupid. (And that was before V provided the same view.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think this season of TAR is going to be more like tackle football than a marathon. Witness the lovely Vanessa who first steals watermelons from Brenchel's truck, then makes that uncouth remark and then is caught by the cameraman in the same unlovely V position that created her Rachel remarks. Besides the offensive tackle Vanessa, you have the fumbled play by the other Rachel and her alpha guy - rendering the get out of jail free card useless. Between the agressive males and the catty females, this will be a knock down drag out mudder.

Oh, I can also picture Rachel of Brenchel watching this episode at home and jumping off the couch with a fist pump when the camera caught Vanessa in the ridiculed position while grabbing melons off the truck.

Yup, it's going to get down and dirty.

Good observation. That's exactly what these 3 episodes have felt like, down and dirty, let's-just-crash-through-the-challenges and move on. That's why I kind of don't like the BP. Twice now they've actually stopped to think through a challenge before just rushing in, and both times it gave them an advantage.

And though I certainly don't approve of it, the trash talking and aggressive "we're number attitude" of certain teams is certainly reminiscent of sports. Between the four federal agents, the military team, and the two sets of fitness buffs (remember Vanessa and her partner said they met in a gym), and the former reality winners determined to repeat their feat, we've got a lot of gung-ho attitudes for this race. (I wanted to say "extra testosterone" but I wasn't sure how that would apply to the women. )
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

What was that bit Phil said about this being the first time a team didn't finish a challenge and stayed in the race? I can think of a few other times that that has happened, most notably when three teams skipped the meat eating challenge and all three weren't eliminated, despite taking four hour penalties.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast